Just what is the deal with Alorael?*

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Just what is the deal with Alorael?*
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #0
Switching his name all the time...I just have to know why he does that. What's the point? And why does he end his messages in his unique way?

*This is merely asking a question born of curiosity, not intended to be taken as though the writer of this message is intending offense towards anyone and everyone, including Alorael.

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
His custom sig ("—Alorael, who...") is just what he does. There's no reason for it, as far as I've ever heard.

He changes his Publicly Displayed Name every day because he is mad that he doesn't have a custom title. He's been doing it since he hit 7500 posts.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

His custom sig ("—Alorael, who...") is just what he does. There's no reason for it, as far as I've ever heard.

He changes his Publicly Displayed Name every day because he is mad that he doesn't have a custom title. He's been doing it since he hit 7500 posts.

Ah. Alrighty then. Thanks. I can now make more sense of this place. Not that that means anything in the long scheme of things, but meh, whatever...>_>

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by DanielJacksonMPC:

Ah. Alrighty then. Thanks. I can now make more sense of this place. Not that that means anything in the long scheme of things, but meh, whatever...>_>
They weren't kidding when they spoke of abberitions. And if you think Alorael is strange, wait till you meet Dikiyoba and Dintiridan.
Welcome to the Spiderweb forums.
Beware of GIFTS. :D

--------------------
The Silent Assassin finds it strange that I did not make a reference to him in this post. I told him that the quote section was enough for now, but he doesn't think it's enough. Oh well.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #4
More like "beware of noobs and tentacle monsters" anyway... -__-

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #5
Thanks, Lenar. I've been lurking for the most part for a wee bit now, and I can safely say that some of the strangest internet dudes I've ever seen lurk here. And I've been to a LOT of places, lemme tell yah.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
What's the deal with you? Oh, and welcome to Spiderweb! Leave your sanity at the door! Yes, it's been said before, but it bears repeating and repeating and repeating.

I've never heard anyone speak of abberitions and I wouldn't know quite what to make of it if anyone did. Such an apparition would be an aberration indeed.

—Alorael, who would like it to be noted for posterity that he started changing his name upon reaching 7500 posts because 7500 posts was at the time the final title for post count. Postaroni is a late addition.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #7
Everyday you change your name? Well that's news to me. Perhaps they all just blur into gelatinous mass.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Emblert K. Limbnerwick:

—Alorael, who would like it to be noted for posterity that he started changing his name upon reaching 7500 posts because 7500 posts was at the time the final title for post count. Postaroni is a late addition.
Heh, I always thought that Alorael had been doing this forever. I can't remember a time when I didn't see him changing his name... but then again, I'm a n00b in the grand scheme of Spiderweb here.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #9
Does Alorael ever actually get mad? I'd kind of like to see what that looks like, if so.

I consider the patiently measured words of our Resident Angel to be a tremendous tribute to his character, by the way, and I don't mind stating it openly—even if it really is just an illusion. Maybe he gets out his aggressions by sniping random passers-by back in the real world. Or maybe it's the Zen-like states induced by excessive skribbane devotion?

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #10
Maybe.

Alorael: What's the deal with me? I'm a curious guy, that's what. My parents didn't stifle that like most parents do, so I have this insatiable curiosity to know as much as I possibly can about just about everything. Which often leads to learning about lots of trivia that I'll never use. =/

Then again, I've often found myself actually using that knowledge as of late, so you never know when a piece of information will come in handy.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
quote:

I can now make ... sense of this place.
You deserve a medal. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #12
DJMPC—I believe the CIA would love to get their mitts on someone naturally nosy like you.

Seriously, that's good to hear about you though. I think curiosity and the confidence to question things with an open mind is one of the healthiest qualities we can possess. It's when we lock down too tightly about much of anything that arthritis of the soul sets in.

I want to raise kids who are both patient and loving toward others, but also will not hesitate to question whatever is being fed them. Loveable rabble-rousers.

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #13
I agree. I've always been one to question everything, and have never been steadfast in my opinions about most things--the only exception being my views towards discrimination against any type of group: I've always hated and despised that and will NEVER tolorate it. Apart from that however, I've always changed my mind when presented with new information. Case in point: my political beliefs. But let's not go there.

And yah. Raising kids like that can only make the world better. Pity not too many others are like that.

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #14
I've begun to question this near-fanatical belief that it is okay to be skeptical. It used to be fine, but now it may just be getting in my way as a proper slave to society.

*this message sponsored by the librepublicratarian party of greater sheboygan*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #15
Being a slave to society is dumb. Then again, being a nonconformist just because you hate the idea of conformity is also idiotic. Me, I just go for what I like and screw all else. Hence why I've never been bothered by the fact that most of the time I have no idea what a specific band is, or what kind of shoes I'm wearing, or any of that other crap. (I don't think I could truly count the number of times I've said "Who?" when someone mentions a popular singer or actor or whatnot.)

*is ignoring the fact that you were being facetious*

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

Currently Playing: One PC, Torment Difficulty Avernum III challenge.
:eek: How do you DO it?!?! :eek:

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

quote:

Well, first it helps to know the game really well, as I do. I've played singleton challenges through several difficulty levels to get down the type of skill point strategy and whatnot. After that it's just a point of playing the game. I'm actually almost to Rentar's keep, and at this point I think I should be able to blow through the rest of it pretty easily. It's been extremely tough, but rather fun overall.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

quote:

Uh, Ash, hasn't The Creator beaten every Avernum game and scenario like this?

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #19
I would think FS would have been tougher than A3. But what do I know..

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #20
He was kidding. Ash is the one (rather than the other guy) who beat all those scenarios with level 1 parties.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #21
Originally by Lenar Labs:

quote:
They weren't kidding when they spoke of abberitions. And if you think Alorael is strange, wait till you meet Dikiyoba and Dintiridan.
What is Lenar Labs talking about? There is absolutely nothing strange about Dikiyoba.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #22
Yes, in terms of this board. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by ben12C8:

Yes, in terms of this board. :P
We're all sane, normal individuals here. It's the outside world that's really got the problem.

And Alorael, how exactly did the signiture get born?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #24
Essentially, an identity issue. After all, Alorael didn't want to be 'just another oldbie'.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E

Pages