Short Stories?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Short Stories?
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #0
I sometimes write, just as a hobby mainly; mostly because I can't ever seem to finish something.

I've decided to work on a new peices, partially to vent, partially to practice, and partially to develop characters I want to use in a comic I might post online [again, tendancy not to finish things, I want that to change though.]

my works are stored, partial at
http://www.furnation.com/littleheaven/docs/

and my newest one is
http://www.furnation.com/littleheaven/docs/NewInTown.txt

This new one is probably going to be a bit sad, I'd like critique, on the old or new, I don't really mind which, though the new would be a bit more helpful. *chuckles*

You can probably see how I and my writing style have changed as well from that, since that stuff spans a period back to 1999.

Also feel free to post your own stuff, ideas, and whatnot, Its fun to read other people's prespectives.

[ Thursday, February 02, 2006 14:25: Message edited by: Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder ^.^ ]

--------------------
If everyone would just forgive someone else, so much pain would be taken off of all of our shoulders... but as tenderness is a virtue it is also a failing, any who would do such a thing usually fall to those who wouldn't. - Ezrah
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Question: Why the hell do you upload your text as a Word file? It can only be read by people who have bought Office (and then only by those who have never heard of the term "macro virus").

Secondly, does the fact that it is hosted on furnation mean it may make people want to claw their eyes out?

Thirdly, haven't you posted this topic before? I'm sure I saw it somewhere...

Edit: Well, okay, similar topics.

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003099
http://pied-piper.ermarian.net/flute/browse.php?action=topic&forum=1&topic=2432
http://pied-piper.ermarian.net/flute/browse.php?action=topic&page=1&topic=2375&forum=1

[ Wednesday, February 01, 2006 05:56: Message edited by: Arancaytar the Grey ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #2
Um… similar topics, different projects; and I use furnation, because I'm a furry. Hey, its free web space, unlimited traffic, and relatively reliable regardless of the rumors I've heard about the Webmaster being a flake. Have a problem with that; not my concern, as its your problem. Some of my stuff can be downbeat, or sappy, but its just the way I do things. As for the word thing, I use it for formatting though I can see the problems it could cause, and apologize for them, I'll remedy it immediately; expect .txt versions of all of the stories in there shortly.

--------------------
If everyone would just forgive someone else, so much pain would be taken off of all of our shoulders... but as tenderness is a virtue it is also a failing, any who would do such a thing usually fall to those who wouldn't. - Ezrah
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar the Grey:

Question: Why the hell do you upload your text as a Word file? It can only be read by people who have bought Office (and then only by those who have never heard of the term "macro virus").
You don't need Office to read word files. if you have Windows, you can use wordpad, and no matter what you have you can use OpenOffice.org by Sun Microsystems, one of the best open source companies out there. It's a free download that allows you to create, read, and modify all MS Office documents as well as many other formats. I'm surprised you don't know about it, Aran, with your professed love for Linux. it comes as a default application with many Linux distributions, including Fedora.

[ Wednesday, February 01, 2006 21:31: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
It's not my (admittedly great) ignorance of Linux that is to blame though; rather my ignorance of Office. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
It appears that TextEdit on Macs can also open Word files. I didn't know this until just now, when I tried it.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 375
Profile #6
Or you could always get a decent translation program (MacLinkPlus is an option). Appleworks reads MS Word right out of the box, though.

--------------------
"I liked white better."
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
Appleworks still exists? Whoa.
Talk about a software suite with a bizarre and discontinuous series of incarnations...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
Surprised? I still use it for the graphics for BoA and a lot of other things I have to draw. i simply find it one of the best programs out of there, and it is free. That's always important. I wouldn't be surprised if it runs on OS X. I do find it a pity Apple stopped updating it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
Appleworks is still completely viable... I also use it for BoA graphics. And as it's been said, anything that Appleworks can't read, TextEdit probably can.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Apple updated Appleworks to run on OS X, but I think that's the last time they touched it.

—Alorael, who still uses Appleworks on occasion. It is non-disastrous software, which cannot be said for certain other suites.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #11
Topic hijack... >.>

http://www.bluefurry.com/paintbbs/show.php?&image=GP001940&page=1&board=g-practice&mostrecent=1
this is something I did on a scribble board recently, [like yeasterday], it sucks trying trying to draw with only the mouse.. -.-

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #12
I believe the last incarnation of AppleWorks I used is the one pictured here...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
Your sketch is incredibly indeterminable. Literally. I make out a window; the rest is unreadable.

Your short stories are like lemons without the sex.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #14
Really, TM, what you choose to do with lemons on your own time is your own business.

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
I inspire them, usually.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6759
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder ^.^:

Topic hijack... >.>

http://www.bluefurry.com/paintbbs/show.php?&image=GP001940&page=1&board=g-pract ice&mostrecent=1
this is something I did on a scribble board recently, [like yeasterday], it sucks trying trying to draw with only the mouse.. -.-

i think its pretty cool! i can hardly draw well using my mouse.
is it a nephil? i see... a tail. but its nose is more... bat like? =/