Good Cop, Bad Cop

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Good Cop, Bad Cop
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #0
If you don't know what this poll is about, it's probably because you haven't read *i's post about halfway through this page yet. I couldn't let that question go unanswered, and I think we have to count all the Aloraels as only one. If they post as one, they vote as one.

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 58 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=lkgfXwOBhKtu"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=lkgfXwOBhKtu"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Both for both, and it is interchangable. :)

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #2
Ditto.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #3
Same goes for me.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
Interestingly enough, it seems more people see both Drakey and Stareye as the bad cop than the good cop.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #5
The results are currently *exactly the same* for Drakey and *i. This is horribly portentous. Obviously, the stars will soon be right for a *iDrakeythullu beast to rise and consume the world. There's only one way to escape. You have to get a totally random custom title *first*!

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #6
Since we are near a supermajority in votes for 'interchangeable', the democratic thing to do is have Drakeye and Starfyre officially merge.

Actually we could promote the formation of factions (and wouldn't that be great!) by instituting collective accounts, sort of like fraternities. Several people could all be given the password for one account, or one password-holding spokesposter could agree only to post messages to which all collective members had agreed by PM. General Spidweb members might be invited to join a collective account if they were found to espouse compatible views. The postings from large or prestigious collective accounts would be received with great respect by the rest of the community, of course. And membership in certain elite collectives would be more coveted than the sometimes dubious honor of a custom title.

Ah, what a dreadful, horrible plan. But there is an obvious place for it to be implemented ...

EDIT: My post number appears to be a commentary from the mysterious hierarchs.

[ Monday, January 23, 2006 00:20: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
I blame Señor Parapluie.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Since we are near a supermajority in votes for 'interchangeable', the democratic thing to do is have Drakeye and Starfyre officially merge.

Oh, so an unoffical merge isn't good enough? :P

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Only Tim can be the Collective.

—Alorael, who was not Tim.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
One of the new accounts, Lentar Labs, was actually two people. Or so Lentar Labs claimed...

Dikiyoba thinks that merging would be completely horrible because of what it would do to post counts. Two people could post twice as much as one. But the top poster would probably be a singleton every month.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

Interestingly enough, it seems more people see both Drakey and Stareye as the bad cop than the good cop.
And is that so unfounded? :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Ye Olde Alorael:

Only Tim can be the Collective.

—Alorael, who was not Tim.

The Tims. Now that would have been fun to see. Or completely retarded, I can't be sure since I wasn't around then. I was wondering, is there a chance I could study the Collective somewhere? Are the topics still stored? Aran?
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #13
There is nothing in the CoC against sharing an account, but problems might arise with double posting.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by AxB:

There is nothing in the CoC against sharing an account, but problems might arise with double posting.
If someone wants to add to the topic but their account already holds the last post, they can just edit "their" post.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #15
Yes... it would help if there were alternative font colors, but I suppose we can't have everything.

EDIT: No, unfortunately we cannot.

[ Monday, January 23, 2006 21:41: Message edited by: Lady Davida ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Not Why:

quote:
Originally written by AxB:

If someone wants to add to the topic but their account already holds the last post, they can just edit "their" post.

No bump, though, and I tend to rely on the "last post" feature to see if a thread has been updated. It took about a week for me to notice a new IC post in Mountain of Shadows that had been edited into the last post.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.