About a older (not yet found) thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: About a older (not yet found) thread
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #0
Sorry for bothering some of you with this topic, I read so much about the legendary Xian Skull topic, but I don´t think I found the right one yet. :(

Does anyone of you know the original name of this topic, or what´s much better, post a reply with a link to that thread!

Thanks to everyone in advance!!! :) :) :)

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
The original topic is long gone, and I don't think anyone has an archived copy.

—Alorael, who leaves it as a memory for relatively old-timers to reminisce about fondly or not so fondly depending on the personality of the reminiscer.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
It is gone... :(

Edit: Alo beat me.

And no, there's no archived copy. It fell victim to an earlier purge (it might even have been moved to the Misc board, in which case it's gone as well), and PPP never saved it.

[ Friday, December 30, 2005 11:49: Message edited by: harf'er'melora ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
The Xian Skull came long after Misc. disappeared, and it was never moved to General either. It wasn't archived because it came before the first announced purge of General, which prompted the first PPP.

—Alorael, who would pay for a copy of the Xian Skull and the complete BEEP. Not much, but something.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #4
Maybe you could tell me somrthing about it, so that I know why you Alo and some other people write that it is extremly famous. :confused:

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by jze29vfi:

—Alorael, who would pay for a copy of the Xian Skull and the complete BEEP. Not much, but something.
A cookie, I'm supposing.

Now I've been told that Xian Skull was nothing more that a pointless spam topic. Am I right?

--------------------
-ben4808
Apprentice
Member # 6623
Profile #6
It transcended spam, went beyond it with newfound creative intent. Don't believe what they say about it being a "pointless" thread - there was a point. You just failed to percieve it. It was art near beyond imagination, it was.

I should know, I glanced at it a couple or so times. :P
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #7
Actually, you can still find it. Just type in http://spidweb.com/xianskull, clap three times and spin around, and in 3 days it will be sent to your e-mail.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #8
Ok, I'll let you know in 3 days if it works. :P

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by jze29vfi:

The Xian Skull came long after Misc. disappeared, and it was never moved to General either. It wasn't archived because it came before the first announced purge of General, which prompted the first PPP.

But the other boards were purged later, and they were archived in the PPP2. And having both of these right here, I'm reasonably certain it's not in there. I could be missing something though.

BEEP is definitely not in the PPP though. That came before UBB, even, didn't it?

Edit: Actually, I only ever indexed the General part of PPP2. That means it could well be in the A3 part of PPP2 (since that is probably where it started). Finding out would be a pain though since that's not indexed. :rolleyes:

[ Friday, December 30, 2005 18:17: Message edited by: harf'er'melora ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #10
I'm not quite sure if I remember this right, but wasn't the Xian topic lost due to one of those board bugs? Drakey might know.

edit: It didn't affect the whole board, just one or two of the sections. Many threads were lost, and I believe the Xian Skull was among them.

[ Friday, December 30, 2005 18:46: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by A Hexagram Cel:

Actually, you can still find it. Just type in http://spidweb.com/xianskull, clap three times and spin around, and in 3 days it will be sent to your e-mail.
Spring you better try again. That URL was not correct because the comma was included in it. Or am I wrong too?

Anyway, what's BEEP?

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
It's not correct, even without the comma.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #13
Both render the same display on the screen, but one does a potentially useful function given the appropriate physical actions are performed in correct sequence. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
Aran posted a description of the Xian Skull for those in the know.

It wasn't spam and I don't think it was killed by bug. It went inactive or got locked and went the way of all old threads.

—Alorael, who will warn you that clapping normally does no good. You have to produce the sound of one hand clapping three times, which can best be accomplished by wearing the Xian Gloves.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
The Xian Skull topic went inactive a few times, was revived a few times, and was eventually locked.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
Alorael! You'll confuse the poor newbies - you should know that the xian gloves cannot be acquired until after the player has found the xian skull.

That is, unless you have used the editor to give you one copy of every book in the game (including the xian tome), and then entered the scintillating chamber in the secret level of the tower of magi. You still need to pretend you already have the skull by using a normal skull and having 5 levels of the Ventriloquism skill. But who the hell thinks of that?

--

By the way, I'm curious as to where and how I've given a description of the topic "for those in the know". I mean, prior to this post.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
He confused you with Archmage Alex, I think. I've done the same in the past. It's because both your names start with A, you see.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #18
I thought Alex and typed Aran. Obviously I haven't gotten the second doublethink tablet from the Temple of X'el'vii'apos'troph'e. I just couldn't find the striped green orb for the third pedestal in the hidden mad monk complex under Gebra.

—Alorael, who really shouldn't let this get started again. He's a bad person and a moral failure.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #19
Ahem. I remember the topic getting sort of corrupted, possibly like the Silvar Inn did back then. I'm pretty sure *something* at least happened to it, other than just dying and locking. Perhaps corruption and locking? Anyway, something.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #20
I really can't see how Aran could have given a description of the Xian Skull topic, seeing as he wasn't actually here when it existed. Nobody above about #2000 was.

Then again, it's said that, like Richard White, the Xian Skull has the power to transcend time, space, and the writings of L. Ron Hubbard..

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
I might not have been here when it was active, but I'm reasonably sure I got a look at it before it was gone. That, or one of its numerous reincarnations...

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #22
Meh. #2000, #3000, what's the difference?

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #23
I remember the Xian Skull topic; I was around while it was still in progress. Unless what I saw was a reincarnation, which I doubt. I remember this one character "Ghost" who would post, on every page, a warning that the thread was spam and that newbies not take it seriously.

Now that I think of it, though, that might have been under my old account #2517 before it got deleted, so you might still be correct about the account numbers thing.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by cAPSLOCKED dALLERDIN:

Meh. #2000, #3000, what's the difference?
The difference is #1000!!! :D :P

I am SO stupid... :confused:

[ Sunday, January 01, 2006 01:03: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba

Pages