Nephil sighting

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Nephil sighting
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #25
Here is all the Bible has to say about Nephilim, and there's nothing about angels here. Humans are the only beings ever called sons of God. Anything else is conjecture or superstition. Mostly, these Nephilim were just big, evidently.

Genesis 3:3 ¶ Then the LORD said, "My spirit shall not abide in man for ever, for he is flesh, but his days shall be a hundred and twenty years."
4 ¶ The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

Numbers 13:32 So they brought to the people of Israel an evil report of the land which they had spied out, saying, "The land, through which we have gone, to spy it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants; and all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature.
33 And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim); and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #26
Damn it, I knew I should have deleted TM's post when I first saw it.

ADoS, TM, be nice, please. There's no need to start a fight.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 18:13: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by mortification8:

I think the Orb counts flavor text also, so 17 might only represent 5 cards...but more would be cool!

No, this time they specifically said that it would not include flavor text.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #28
Since there's no Pope outside the Catholic Church, and no prophetic President outside the Latter Day Saints, there is no authority to say what is or is not Christian. But, doctrinally speaking, Mormonism differs very much more from all mainstream Christian denominations than any of them differ from each other. I believe that the LDS Church officially agrees that this is so. So my own classification sense finds it much more reasonable to call Mormonism a totally different religion that happens to use many terms and names that also appear in Christianity.

In fact, there is a pretty close parallel between the Mormonism:Christianity relationship and the Christianity:Judaism one. Including, of course, claims by the historically younger religion that it is the divinely authorized replacement of the older one. Thus, many Mormons do profess to be Christians, but this claim is not widely accepted by non-Mormons.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

First off, Mormon = Christian, but Christian != Mormon. There are many, many types of Christians, and Mormons are among the most laughed at of them all by people who are not Mormons. Combine it with poor typing skills, poor grammar, and blissfully ignorant youth, and you get a situation in which TM (an atheist, by the way) laughs at you.

Just trying to shed some light upon the situation.

You've got the mathematical symbols wrong. If Mormon = Christian, then Christian = Mormon.

You probably mean Mormon ⊂ Christian, but Christian ⊄ Mormon.

And that's all the nitpicking I'm doing today.

Edit: Being that both are sets, the "element" operator isn't entirely approriate.

[ Saturday, January 07, 2006 15:45: Message edited by: Segrin Bilal ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Warrior
Member # 3417
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Infernal666hate:

No, this time they specifically said that it would not include flavor text.
Ordinarily that would be true, but this time they made an error, and recently posted on the Orb site that the Orb does indeed count flavor text for Guildpact. :)

[ Wednesday, January 04, 2006 13:41: Message edited by: mortification8 ]

--------------------
This space intentionally left blank.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
Spiderweb's sets do not work like common sets.

For example, Drakey = everybody but everybody != Drakey. This is accepted wisdom.

—Alorael, who saw a cat walking on its hind legs today. It wasn't a nephil. It was his cat learning a new trick, apparently.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1586
Profile #32
Most of the writings on Nephilim (and the other tribes of Angel/Man crosses) was left out of the bible as the result of a Synod. The representatives at said Synod decided the Book of Enoch (father of Noah) was not in keeping with the rest of the Bible and could be discarded despite being used by the Apostles in their teachings.

--------------------
Zarai n'Sharia! Mehkkti an khre shen mahkkti!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
The fact that whole books can be removed like this and people go on taking the Bible as the literal word of God is most of what is wrong with fundamentalism...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #34
Don't forget the typos and differences in translation. Besides the fact that almost any individual verse can be twisted to support many things. No wonder there are so many Christian denominations.

Dikiyoba wishes everyone would follow the spirit of the law, not the letter of it. The world would be a happier place...
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #35
On the subject of Alo's cat and tricks.
http://www.humorlib.com/index.php?lang=&nIID=614&nCID=1&nMTID=3&action=shwitm

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #36
IMAGE(http://download-dk.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/cat_sniper.jpg)

Teach them while they're young.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by green kid:

quote:
Originally written by Akai Hoshi:

quote:
Originally written by green kid:

im a christian\mormon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what are you laughing at. as in chirstian\mormon i mean people say it either way and its the same thing... and if your so worried about religion, theres something wrong with you.

If you think that there is something wrong with TM only because of his relgious beliefs, then there is something wrong with you.

[ Tuesday, January 10, 2006 19:27: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:

Pages