New Custom Art: Take a peek inside

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New Custom Art: Take a peek inside
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #50
Ya know it isn't actually a html tag, right? See, I'm just checking because your location shows that you have randomly assigned yourself 100% in that category.

The only possible way any of this makes sense is if you are saying that all that hacker spelling is inherently idiotic, and you are simultaneously numb to the fact that repeatedly making the same point turns you from pundit to bore in 0.01 seconds.

*this message sponsored by the pseudoleetness defamation coalition*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #51
Yeah, I know it isn't an HTML tag. You guys are reading way too much into it. It's just there. There is no reason for it being there, other than to just be there. It's not supposed to make sense. If I wanted it to make sense, it would make sense.

</leetness>

[ Wednesday, November 30, 2005 15:48: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's, Macintosh PC's
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #52
However, with a beginning tag, it could be included in an XML document.

7|-|47 54||>, |\|07|-|||\|6 83375 13375P33|<.

--------------------
-ben4808
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #53
!|\/|0, 1337$|>3@|< !$ 0|\|1¥ 600|) \/\/|-|3|\| |_|$3|) 70 @\/01|) |\|00|3$. 07|-|3|2\/\/!$3, !7'$ @ 1!7713 |>0!|\|713$$.

</leetness>

[ Wednesday, November 30, 2005 19:04: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #54
Can we not start this, please? These are noob-friendly boards! I also don't want a headache right now, thank you.

—Alorael, who never wants to see internet abbreviation in 1337 again. In fact, he could live happily without seeing 1337 ever again and would be relatively content to exist in the absence of net abbreviations.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #55
Personally, I have more trouble typing leet than reading it. Besides, I only like to use leetspeak under special circumstances, like responding to leetspeak.

Also, the boards should be newb-friendly, not noob-friendly. The difference is that a newb is somebody who is new at something, where a noob is an idiot. The boards should be as noob-unfriendly as possible, therefore making them as idiot-unfriendly as possible.

Edit: 10k posts for Alorael

</leetness>

[ Thursday, December 01, 2005 07:59: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #56
Silly people, it should be viewed as being ironic, though not in the sense of sarcasm.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

Yeah, I know it isn't an HTML tag. You guys are reading way too much into it. It's just there. There is no reason for it being there, other than to just be there. It's not supposed to make sense. If I wanted it to make sense, it would make sense.

</leetness>

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you also shoot dark, dramatic, brooding looks at your mirror.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #58
No, not really. I never feel a need to practice dark, dramatic, brooding looks, as I never use them. Besides, I don't like them anyways. They make me look like I'm trying too hard, which makes me feel stupid. I prefer a slight smile, or a plain straight face.

What makes you guess that?

</leetness>

[ Friday, December 02, 2005 17:29: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #59
quote:
Originally written by o)1(o:

Alorael, who never wants to see internet abbreviation in 1337 again. In fact, he could live happily without seeing 1337 ever again and would be relatively content to exist in the absence of net abbreviations.
I finally looked up 1337 and Leetspeak on Wikipedia. And I have only one brief, shuddering thing to say on this topic:

IMAGE(http://www.ethanwiner.com/Smiley%20Land/Dead18.gif)

[ Friday, December 02, 2005 17:31: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #60
*hides*

I don't really feel 1!|<3 6377!|\|6 $|-|07 @7.

</leetness>

[ Friday, December 02, 2005 17:33: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #61
While we are atta--discussing Eldibs and his posts, why have you boycotted GameFAQs? I know about Angelfire, but not GameFAQs.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #62
Once again, too much restriction on free speech. Every time I turned around, I was being accused by the mods for "insulting people" and "attempting to start flame wars." Now I did insult people, but they kinda deserved it, and it wasn't anything too harsh, except for the last insult I did there, which was intended to get me banned. Mostly it was things like "if you don't understand that, you're an idiot." Modding someone for something like that is just plain retarded.

</leetness>

--------------------

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #63
It's just the rules of GameFAQs, though. I'm very polite there, which is why I've gotten to Elite without ever getting modded for anything.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #64
Doing the same here would actually be greatly appreciated, as would not applying the term "retarded" as an all-purpose denigration.

—Alorael, who would like to give civility a chance on Spiderweb. Unless you can insult with Alec's skill, Djur's vitriol, or TM's sheer orneriness, you're not even contributing interestingly.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #65
I try not to insult people, but some people just need it. Namely, a lot of the people I met at the GameFAQ's message boards. Fortunately, this message board is mainly populated by intelligent life.

quote:
Unless you can insult with Alec's skill, Djur's vitriol, or TM's sheer orneriness, you're not even contributing interestingly.
An insult is still an insult, no matter how good it is. If one person gets in trouble for it, all who do it should. Everybody should get the same punishment for the same act. A well thought out and interesting murder is still a murder.

</leetness>

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #66
quote:

insult = murder
You sir are the most finely educated person I have yet to find on this board. Please continue.

*this message sponsored by Plato*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #67
I never said an insult is the same as murder. The point I was making was that, just like all those found guilty of murder get punished, all those who get found guilty of insulting should be punished, regardless of whether it is interesting or well thought out.

</leetness>

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #68
So you are boycotting GameFAQs forums, not the site itself. I find GameFAQs to be very interesting, and Scorp (?) has done some excellent walkthroughs on there, I think.

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #69
quote:

I try not to insult people, but some people just need it.
Oh, I agree utterly and completely.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #70
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

So you are boycotting GameFAQs forums, not the site itself. I find GameFAQs to be very interesting, and Scorp (?) has done some excellent walkthroughs on there, I think.
You're probably thinking of Schrodinger. Scorp doesn't seem like the FAQ-writing type.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #71
quote:
So you are boycotting GameFAQs forums, not the site itself.
Yep, just the forums. The main part of the site is still useful.

</leetness>

[ Saturday, December 03, 2005 16:53: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Spring:

You're probably thinking of Schrodinger. Scorp doesn't seem like the FAQ-writing type.

Yes, thats it. I knew it started with 'S', and I knew that they were members here. As I said, I thought they were great.

EDIT: How did the reunion go? Judging by the last post in your topic, not well. Where abouts was it?

[ Saturday, December 03, 2005 16:55: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #73
Since I have gotten a PM about my </leetness> tag, I will stop using it (after this post), because the person was nice about it.

</leetness>

[ Saturday, December 03, 2005 18:10: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #74
Thank god.
It was really pissing me off but I didn't want to mention it.

Pages