What's In A Name?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What's In A Name?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #75
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

quote:
Originally written by Account Ability Impaction:

I've run out of inspiration. At this point I grasp at whatever floats into my brain!
—Alorael

Sounds like your filtration system is clogged. I'll have one of our friendly and knowledgeable servicemen come out to take a look at you right away. Please have your receipts handy.

quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Spring comes from a nickname my cousin, uncle and father gave me a couple of years ago. I was walking down the passage, and apparently my hair stuck up and bounced around.
Spring Sprang Sprung....Splat. What goes up must come down.

quote:
Originally written by Drew:

"Drew" is a shorter form of my first name. My original moniker was "Andrew Miller," and many people here still call me "AM."
I AM what I AM. (and U R what U R)

quote:
Originally written by Error:

When joining a different forum, it accepted none of the names I chose at first, ...Eventually, I shortened it to Error, and the name stuck.
I hope you have seen the error or your ways.

quote:
Originally written by Detta:

Detta is short for Bernadette. Bernadette Van Bergen
And the Dutch-ess award goes to Ms. Van Bergen, oh, and also the award for the most inscrutable website yet.

http://www.miniwaankerbot.com

quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

My name is also semi-randomly made up. It started out as Russian translation of Latin root of my real name, but when I wrote it down in English alphabet, it looked hard to pronounce. So I played around with letters until I got something that looked symmetrical and easy to pronounce.
I’m sorry. I can only process two things at once, so this did not compute. Yesho-raz...Daitye menye, pohzahlista, kak vaz zovut? Ya dumayo shto eto ochen strannoye.

Just don’t call him Durak.

quote:
Originally written by LivingBreathingThinking:

Riibu
I like Riibu.

quote:
Originally written by chicho:

Why Chicho? Good question, my family and close friends call me like that since i was 2, god knows why, not even my mom does...
Maybe it’s the baby fat?

Gizmo...it’s a pretty cuddly name, all right

Oh, and I have a book for you...it’s “The Great Diamond Robbery” by Jules Argon. It’s a real gem. I think you’ll like it, that is, if you carat all.

quote:
Originally written by Archmage Mycroft:

Archmage Mycroft :)
What we have here is a character who lacks original thought, but has an overly-generous helping of delusions of grandeur. ;)

quote:
Originally written by ben ben:

ben ben
Because too much is never enough, and why have one when you can have two?

[This message sponsored by “101 Ways to Give Someone a Boot in the Behind” by Ben Dover.]

Ichshi...there’s something...FISHY...about your name, but it’s all Greek to me.

quote:
Originally written by King Evil:

I'm the only TM. Ever.
Oh thank heavens, because I only ordered one, and I do hate returning things. What’s your expiration date again?

quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

I'm a fantasy nut (especially concerning magic/psionics/other mental powers) and my name is Alex. Pretty simple.

Remember, you ARE what you eat...so avoid all fruits and nuts.

quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

quote:

If you ever take the Meyers-Briggs personality test, I'll bet you anything you'll have a great big "N" in there (iNtuitive).
Speaking of which, you fairly scream NF (iNtuitive Feeling). Are you?
Yeah. In fact, I’m screaming right now. My neighbors are calling the police. [ENFJ]

quote:

aughaghaughuaguhuaguhuaghuaguhaughuaguhaugh

...was too long to use as a name. -_-

Reminds me a great moment in an Aeon Flux episode: the first person perspective sound of someone laughing at you while you are being riddled by automatic weapons fire. Not...entirely....inappropriate...now that I think about it. I’ll be sure to refer to you as “augh!” in honor of this epiphaniacal moment hereafter.

quote:
Originally written by mung:

he was one of the few monsters that could stand up to a high level party for a little while with no problem. That and the added fact that he's a red dude with no shirt could be interpreted as a plus, don't cha think?
I think you should have gone with “mung beetle”, but that’s just me. Oh, and...you know...they DO have this stuff called “sunblock” now. You should look into it.

quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

my real name is Nikki, so that's the "Nik" bit. As for the "Supa", I think I was going for "super", but either spelled it wrong, or it was taken. And it sounded okay, so I kept it.
Good thinking. SupaNik is a SupaFly guy. Wait, you are a guy, right? I’m thinking ofa Belgian lass by the name of Nikki Van Lierop all of a sudden. She was in a naughty little music group called Lords of Acid.

quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

I got my name from the book The Merlin Conspiracy
I don’t know. I keep picturing some sort of exotic volcanic rock I want to saw in half.

Salmon, where do you live, dude? Bonnieville Dam, WA where they have the fish ladder or is it just a weird coincidence?

http://www.zinnware.com/Vacations/OregonWashington2001/ColumbiaGorge/pages/ 12-Bonnieville%20Dam.htm

I’ve used up my daily allotment of dots.

tl,dr

EDIT: I read it, and it sucks.

[ Saturday, October 22, 2005 20:39: Message edited by: King Evil ]

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #76
TM, if you have nothing nice to say...

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #77
Luchy-kun, have I ever told you how the moonlight illuminates your eyes?

Or how I shudder when the wind rustles through your mullet?

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #78
quote:

tl,dr

Heh heh. Resistance is futile. The gratification comes from drawing you in, like a moth to the flame, and simply evoking a response. I'd rather have someone say it sucks than it blows, though I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, come to think of it.

Well met to you too TM—may I call you Tmmmy! (you know, like on South Park?) Or shall I just go with "augh!"

Hate to disappoint, because I know you try hard, but I don't bait that easily. We regret to inform you that your most recent submittal does not meet our present needs, but please do not hesitate to try again in the near future.

[ Saturday, October 22, 2005 21:08: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #79
quote:

quote:

tl,dr

Heh heh. Resistance is futile. The gratification comes from drawing you in, like a moth to the flame, and simply evoking a response. I'd rather have someone say it sucks than it blows, though I'm not entirely sure what the difference is, come to think of it.

Well met to you too TM—may I call you Tmmmy! (you know, like on South Park?) Or shall I just go with "augh!"

Hate to disappoint, because I know you try hard, but I don't bait that easily. We regret to inform you that your most recent submittal does not meet our present needs, but please do not hesitate to try again in the near future.

Your humor still sucks.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #80
quote:

Your humor still sucks.
And yet. most curiously, it continues to warrant your fondest and most redundant sentiments. Touching, truly it is. But I guess it is inevitable that a man's reputation eventually exceeds his ability to deliver.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #81
quote:

[QUOTE]Originally written by King Evil:
[qb]But I guess it is inevitable that a man's reputation eventually exceeds his ability to deliver.

I take offense to that.

Your mom was quite sated when I departed.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #82
quote:

Your mom was quite sated when I departed.
Hmm, disappointingly trite and uninventive at best. Please do give my mother my regards on your way out, though.

[ Saturday, October 22, 2005 21:40: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #83
I sense a flame war coming on.

*puts on his non-asbestos fire-proof clothing*

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #84
Take it to PMs. Better still, don't.

IMAGE(http://thuryl.desperance.net/sailormoon_sml.jpg)

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!

Pages