Ghostly Postlies (Mostly)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Ghostly Postlies (Mostly)
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #0
I think I'm about burned out on the heavy issues for a while (and there was much rejoicing). I'd like to do something fun and a bit weird..

In keeping with the season, let's talk ghosts! I'm very curious to hear real first hand ghost stories—not made up ones. It's my impression that they are surprisingly common experiences. Also, what do you think ghosts are and why are they here?

[ Wednesday, October 12, 2005 18:49: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #1
I can answer your second part. I think ghosts are the shadows of people who once lived on this planet (obviously). Why are they here? So we can post topics like this in the SpidWeb Fourms. :P

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #2
I love Ghost stories.
Now, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but there has always been this story going around this town where I grew up in DR. It was about this dead woman who wears high red heels; we called her "La mujer de los tacitos". People say that her and her son were killed on a December night, and that apparently her son's soul was resurrected in the body of some kid (who lives in the town, no one knows who). People say that she searches for it every December night of every year. Some people have seen her, and other say that she has spoken to them, but we've all heard the heels sound on December nights.

Now for this story I would like you all to keep your mind open, and please don't make fun of me cause I believe it really happened. It happened when I was 8 years old. My cousin and I were hanging out in the family's house when my grandma asked us to go get some Ice from our aunt's house (who lives a block away). When we got to our aunt's house she recommend it that it would be best if her two sons would go with us to take the ice back since it was late at night and very dark. Well, on our way back we saw this white glowing blanket (don't laugh, this is true) following us and we started screaming and running until we got to the house. Our parents blame it on our imagination, but please.... Neither of us were talking about anything remotely related it to ghost, and we couldn't all imagine the same thing. Right??

Edit: IT WAS NOT A GUY. It had no legs whatsoever, it was flying I tell you.

[ Wednesday, October 12, 2005 20:01: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #3
Right. But it could've just been a guy with a sheet over his head with a light on inside. Also I really like the title of this thread. Very Dr. Seussian.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #4
We aim to please, Ben Ben :D

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

I think I'm about burned out on the heavy issues for a while (and there was much rejoicing).
Tell me if I'm wrong: That's Monthy Python? The Holy grail? I love that film :D .

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #6
Yes, it was.

quote:
In the frozen land of Nador, they were forced to eat Robin's Minstrels... and there was much rejoicing. "Yay. Yay."

[ Saturday, October 15, 2005 14:33: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
quote:

We aim to please, Ben Ben :D
Oof, perfect dude! Next moniker, only lowercase b's of course.

I've never been aware of any ghosts, though they probably exist somewhere. You never know what's going on in the spiritual world.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #8
quote:

We aim to please, Ben Ben

Contrary to popular belief, I am not Ben.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #9
Yes, I see that. It's just my penchant to mangle names and words for my own amusement. No offense intended.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #10
My house has several ghosts in it. I've seen two(though I don't remember the first one, I was really young, my mom told me about me telling her about a red-haired woman in the house). The other ghost was a white cat. I was pretty young when I saw that one too, but I remember it clearly. I was sitting on my loft bed reading a book and I looked down at my floor for some reason. My room was pretty messy, with laundry on the floor and stuff. I glanced and I saw a white cat running towards one of the windows. I thought it was my imagination at first because I have a tendency to look at things and see something else(such as my sister sleeping on the couch instead of some stuffed animals and a blanket), but then I realized that there was nothing white on my floor. Me seeing this caused endless arguments with my one sister because she insisted that the cat was black. In the end we decided there were two cats. I don't see the ghosts often(maybe once every few years), but I hear the cats all the time(and no, the noises aren't from my cats-the voices are different).

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #11
Maybe your cat is a were-cat with multiple personalities and it transforms into them sometimes.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #12
Maybe your cat is one of the incarnations of the Lord RW. Richard Black was probably at your home trying to plot plots most foul.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #13
Maybe. I also forgot to tell about this time about a year ago when our computer kept turning itself on. My family and I were in the room, and it kept turning on. Also, our TV sometimes turns itself on(and no, it's not cats-they're not allowed in that room).

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".