Sleep

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Sleep
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #0
It's late (for me) and I was curious.

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 49 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=vsOAjSuQAvJS"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=vsOAjSuQAvJS"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #1
It wasn't a poll, of course, but wasn't there a discussion about this some months ago?

EDIT: Okay, seems it was a poll:

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002658

Again, just for the record, I usually go to bed around midnight and sleep for nine to ten hours.

And when I get up, 700 virgins serve me freshly squeezed orange juice in a golden goblet.

I get a fresh supply of them every day.

EDIT #2: Based on what I just wrote, I guess the answer to "How much sleep do I get every night?" should be "Still not enough."

EDIT #3: I thought about deleting the contents of Edit #2 but figured "Why not?"

EDIT #4: Deleted some of the contents of EDIT #3. Maybe it's time for me to go to bed before I really type something that I'll regret in the morning?

EDIT #5: Deleted the contents of EDITs #3 and #4.

EDIT #6: And then put them back in. Then went to bed.

EDIT #7: Okay. Didn't go to bed. Came back and changed a few things everywhere but in EDIT #7.

[ Saturday, October 08, 2005 21:18: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #2
Yes, there was some kind of sleep related thread. There have been a lot of threads lately, but recently there has been an increase in polling. I think that polls are evil, and should be stopped. Or maybe the creators of polls should be taken out and shot. That way I could be unaware of other peoples opinions, and remain superior within my own.

*this message is spamsored by fake porcine product*
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Okay, who said that they usually go to sleep at 10 o'clock in the morning?

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
Probably someone who doesn't know A.M. from P.M. And whose Latin is a little rusty.

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #5
I wasn't the one to post it. However, during vacation (like the past summer) I did go to bed around 10:00 AM.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
College wreaks havoc on your sleep schedule... used to fall asleep around midnight, now it's 2 am on a good night, 1am if I'm really trying.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #7
Milking cows shot my body clock completely. If it wasn't for work, I wouldn't even have sleeping patterns.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #8
Another good reason to go to bed at 10 in the morning would be if you worked the graveyard shift at, for instance, a graveyard. You know, just like someone out of a Lovecraft story. Dragging yourself home after a late night of bodysnatching and unspeakable ceremonies.

[ Saturday, October 08, 2005 22:04: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
I protest! There's no 19:00 PM on there!

Oh, who am I fooling? Midnight to 2:00 AM, depending on whether I have to get up at 5:00 AM next morning to catch a train, or at 6:45 to get in a quick shower before work. Sleep is for the weak-- I mean weekends. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

It wasn't a poll, of course, but wasn't there a discussion about this some months ago?

EDIT: Okay, seems it was a poll:

http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002658

EDIT #2: Based on what I just wrote, I guess the answer to "How much sleep do I get every night?" should be "Still not enough."

EDIT #3: I thought about deleting the contents of Edit #2 but figured "Why not?"

EDIT #4: Deleted some of the contents of EDIT #3. Maybe it's time for me to go to bed before I really type something that I'll regret in the morning?

EDIT #5: Deleted the contents of EDITs #3 and #4.

EDIT #6: And then put them back in. Then went to bed.

EDIT #7: Okay. Didn't go to bed. Came back and changed a few things everywhere but in EDIT #7.

And I thought I was bored.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #11
Bunch o' freakin' vampires around here...

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
Lets see...Around 10pm every night, and getting up at 7am every morning. Thats 9 hours. I like my sleep, although I can't sleep in to save my life.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #13
This is from the last thread. I've changed a little of it around to fit my current habits...

-----

I voted for three hours sleep. I don't tend to sleep at regular times, and that's just an average of all the sleep I had this week divided by seven. I can go one or two days without sleep, but then have 8 or 9 hours in one go. I haven't done this for a while though - I'm trying to normalise myself, so that I'm not so anti-social.

None of that is caffeine related. It's probably a mental condition, but since it doesn't interfere with my grades, or my health in any (noticeable) way, I haven't seen a doctor. It does have one great side effect though - really vivid, lucid dreams.

An interesting sidenote - Margaret Thatcher used to get just 4 hours a night!

-----

Lately, I've been sleeping for 4 or 5 hours a day, but usually in one-or-two hour spurts, in what I like to call "Power Naps". There is far too much beauty in the world to sleep through. And looking at the stars is one of my favourite pastimes.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #14
Copy and Paste:

I mostly get 5 or 6 hours of sleep during week days, and 10 during weekends. Though on vacation I get as little as 3 or 4 hours of sleep.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #15
I sleep 1-2 hours a night. None of this has to do with too much caffeine. I just don't get tired easily and am usually very awake.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

And I thought I was bored.
Well, I wasn't so much bored as I was tired and obsessive. A bad combination.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #17
Wait, wait, wait.... A question about #1: Who gets 24 hours of sleep? That is unheard of. Nobody I know sleeps that much. Well, execpt for me...

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #18
I answered sleeping 12 hours, going to bed at 4am.

That's what I've been doing lately.

But I don't really have a schedule, so I can't give a proper answer.

For a good chunk of the last few years, I averaged 13-14 hours or so, and would go to sleep between 8am and 11am.

These days, when I'm not working, I seem to have settled into the "schedule" I voted.

When I'm working, I get 3 to 6 hours of sleep a night. As for -when- I sleep, it depends, because I work 12 hour shifts and I'm on call, so it varies a lot.

quote:
Originally written by Mournin' Salmon:

I think that polls are evil, and should be stopped.
Maybe we should make a poll, asking people if they think we should stop making polls? :D

quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Okay, who said that they usually go to sleep at 10 o'clock in the morning?
Around 10am is one of my favorite times to go to sleep.

quote:
Originally written by Diarog Lethuta:

Wait, wait, wait.... A question about #1: Who gets 24 hours of sleep? That is unheard of. Nobody I know sleeps that much. Well, execpt for me...

-- Diarog Lethuta

Sleeping 24 hours is one of my life's goals.

I've managed 22-23 hours because I was sick, once.

The most I've managed without being sick was 20-21 hours.

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #19
To bed @ 11pm up @ 7am.

Unless I'm sick, then I go to bed earlier.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley