there is other spidweb related forums?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: there is other spidweb related forums?
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #0
i just have the crazy idea that we should look searching in the internet for other spidweb comunities and bring the to this forums, so we really could grow up!
i think it would be nice that all the spidweb fans to be together :D

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #1
The Lyceum

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
There are quite a few notable Spiderweb offshoots, such as the Lyceum, Polaris, Desp, and CSM. All have a different atmosphere, set of rules, and regular community. Pick what suits your fancy.

Really anyone who wants to talk about Spiderweb comes here, though. It has been mentioned in other forums, but not like anybody who wouldn't come here then will now.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #3
CSM is notable? :P
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #4
To some people
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
Of course, I still have to advertise it some, though it's not near as notable as those others and has a tendency to draw people who like a lot of spam along with spammers.

Coincidentally, we usually only have 3 or 4 active members. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #6
5, to be precise.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
Well, at the moment anyway if you count DD and tSB.

EDIT: Oh wait, and JW too. That makes six. But DD doesn't post that much.

[ Wednesday, September 28, 2005 17:35: Message edited by: WST ben ]

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #8
Are those people notable? :P
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #9
Mentioning them probably doesn't further the discussion topic, to which I would add that there were earlier incarnations of the aforementioned discussion forums. Further information could be sought at those forums via the search feature, except at the Lyceum, where search is fruitless.

*this message sponsored by the word extenders club of scrabble enthusiasts*
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #10
Wow, Imby, thats two posts in a topic. That must be a record. :P

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #11
CSM is for noobs. All the other boards are for pros.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by WST ben:

There are quite a few notable Spiderweb offshoots, such as the Lyceum, Polaris, Desp, and CSM. All have a different atmosphere, set of rules, and regular community. Pick what suits your fancy.

Really anyone who wants to talk about Spiderweb comes here, though. It has been mentioned in other forums, but not like anybody who wouldn't come here then will now.

You forgot Chance and The Place Where You Do Stuff, as well as the Dark Fire/Abyss. All of these were once as active as CSM is now, and to be perfectly honest, I don't doubt that they are as active now as CSM will be sooner or later. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- ben
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
Well, you are probably right. We don't have enough members.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #14
Correction:
We do not have enough active members.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #15
Memebers don't really count unless they're doing something. Like on this board most people post 1-2 times and never again. Only those willing to hurl their sanity into the abyss can survive. I'd say we've only had 1000 members that have posted over 50 times.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
-Benjamin Disraeli
My point with this quote is that there are no real way to measure the numbers of persons using these forums since the very same persons may use different computers (Thereby messing up the IP statistics), different accounts, or be logged in without actually reading/write anything.

Ah, but who cares?

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #17
Wasn't there that cool RP board (I use the word "cool", although I may be mistaken) that Kel found? I forget the URL...

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Wise Man:

Yeh well, you joined didn't you? you n00b (you said it yourself).

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #19
Why do you have both General and Misc?

...reading the forum made my brain hurt.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

quote:
Originally written by Wise Man:

Yeh well, you joined didn't you? you n00b (you said it yourself).

You don't know how noob a place is until you try it out, foo.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 120
Profile Homepage #21
A lot of SW related communities has been weeded out over the years. There use to be tons of them, but they never last, so today you maybe see two or three around. Like Chicho said, we should come here instead of separating. If your going to make a community, make an unique one. What I mean is instead of making it based on SW, make it based on your own thing. Like Wiseman said about "Pro Communities" is that they have their own style even though they may be populated by Spiderwebers. "Noob Communities" are not based on their own thing, which makes them SW related. CSM is a SW related community in ways, but then again, not. It tries to have it's own style, but like the owner, he's new to the ins and outs of communities, it lacks the potential of being it's own style. Is it his fault? No, but there's always room for improvement, which doesn't always happen over night, it takes time...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

Memebers don't really count unless they're doing something. Like on this board most people post 1-2 times and never again. Only those willing to hurl their sanity into the abyss can survive. I'd say we've only had 1000 members that have posted over 50 times.
We usually have between 250-360 members who have posted in the last 30 days, which is as reasonable a definition of an active member as anything.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- ben
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #23
Hmm... Polaris has managed quite well over the years, considering the number of crashes it has endured... and as someone else said, most of the solid SW satelite(sp?) boards have remained because they usually have something else to offer, other than SW related topics. Like, we in polaris, for example, have "Connections"... :) .... :rolleyes:

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #24
Connections is more like a last resort. When nothing else is happening, there is always Connections to keep it together - in this way, Polaris has hibernated through weeks of inactivity.

All in all, the problem of Polaris is less that it has little to offer than that its population is so small that whenever a majority of the members are away (new semester/work starts again) the board gets very quiet very quickly. It's cyclical.

--------------------