Petition for constant monikers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Petition for constant monikers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #0
With everybody changing their account names on a regular basis, I get confused. Confused ornks tend to explode. Please, think of the ornks.

(This means you especially, Alorael)

--------------------
Ignorwhat?
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #1
At least Alorael includes his name in every post. Learn peoples signatures or member #'s. It's easier to keep track that way.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
And you can always learn people's custom titles. That can make things a lot easier.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

And you can always learn people's custom titles. That can make things a lot easier.
I harrumph meaningfully at you, sir.

How many people are Blademasters or Postlinesses, mention that skribbane is a peerless beverage, end their posts with...

[Edit: Some letiters do noti beliong in the middile of wordis.]

—Alorael, who believes he is the only such person.

[ Sunday, September 25, 2005 17:14: Message edited by: Grouchinati ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Grouchinati:

How many people are Blademasteris or Postlinesses, mention that skribbane is a peerless beverage, end their posts with...

—Alorael, who believes he is the only such person.

Excepting, of course, those who try and imitate Alorael because they want to look cool, only to be mocked and scorned before they flee into the arms of the only one who has ever loved them. Or something.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #5
What Jewels said. Learn member numbers and/or custom titles. Alo has his sig, but thats all that you can distinguish him by. :P

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #6
If you can get Drakey to give Alorael a custom title, I'm sure that he will be happy to stop constantly changing his moniker.

Me, I only change it every 150 posts, so I'm not that hard to keep track of.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #7
I hardly ever change my moniker. I just wanted a change this time, so I decided to.

And ben is easy to 'keep track of' as his moniker usually has something to do with his name in it.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #8
I've considered changing my moniker from time to time, but I like the name Icshi too much, and I don't wish to cause any ornks to explode with confusion. I hate it when anyone other than Ben or Alorael change their names—I can't keep up with any more than that!—so out of courtesy to those like myself, I just keep things as they are.

Besides, I'm not big enough a person here to warrant such verbal shenanigans—you only change your moniker a lot if you're confident people will still recognize you without much trouble.

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #9
I agree that there is entirely too much name changing going on. I like to recognise people.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #10
Yes, I agree as well. I mean, it's normal to see Alo, Thuryl, or TM (when he was here, that is) change names, but it seems like everyone chose to change at the same time.

Personally, I've never changed my name, and I don't plan on it.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #11
Silly me for expecting an actual petition.

I'd change my name frequently except for laziness. It keeps me one step in front of the internet police. Laziness keeps me from getting two steps in front.

*this message sponsored by laziness - my nemesis*
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
I agree. From this point, ---- 2:38am on Monday, the 26th of September no Spiderweb software forum user shall change their monkier in any way.----

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #13
Forget it.

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #14
Sorry, that was me.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #15
I change my moniker every now and then because UBB will not give my original name back, and I haven't found a name that I want to stay with. I'm fairly certain that most people know who I am; I know Ash and Aran do. I guess the best way to know who I am is that I have a relatively large post count for my member number. I usually keep the same name for a least a month or so, and my profile never changes.

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 07:28: Message edited by: Sunset ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Aran-something.:

Sorry, that was me.
So instead of editing the first post and putting your moniker on it, you decided to bump up your other accounts post number. I think Aran is gunning for number 1 AND 2 in this months stats. :) Only kidding!

Err, I've never changed my name, but that's only because I can't think of anything witty. I change my MSN name all the time, but that's usually to song titles, and I always leave my log-in name the same. I say if people are smart enough to think of something good to change their name to, go for it. If not, do it anyway, since...err...

It isn't hard to realise who the people are. I mean, Thuryl and Alorael stick out like giant deformed, mangy thumbs on an otherwise flawless hand. And if you don't recognise the person's new name, then they probably ain't worth noticing anyway.

There.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
Taking out your signature is mean, Dolphin.

—Alorael, who feels a need to give a quick lesson on the difference between a petition and an edict. An edict is what you posted. A petition is a request for a law (or, if you prefer, an edict) to be put in place by appeal to popular opinion.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #18
Add Alo to the list of people who already knew who I am :) I put my signature back; though the pictures change fairly often, too.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6336
Profile #19
I know I'm new, but like my cousin (who is also on the forums) will keep my main name, just add or subtract another word. Like when I got on here my cousins name was Solberg the All-Powerfull, now it's Arch-Mage Solberg. :cool:

--------------------
Of all the people to be magically binded to, I have to be stuck with baldy. Why, oh why?
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #20
I suppose the ornks will be reassured to know that some members have kept their names for almost 4 years.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #21
Yeah, Kel doesn't change much. Nor does Imban.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #22
And I just abbreviated mine to my less formal nickname.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

quote:
Originally written by Aran-something.:

Sorry, that was me.
So instead of editing the first post and putting your moniker on it, you decided to bump up your other accounts post number. I think Aran is gunning for number 1 AND 2 in this months stats. :) Only kidding!

Err, I've never changed my name, but that's only because I can't think of anything witty. I change my MSN name all the time, but that's usually to song titles, and I always leave my log-in name the same. I say if people are smart enough to think of something good to change their name to, go for it. If not, do it anyway, since...err...

It isn't hard to realise who the people are. I mean, Thuryl and Alorael stick out like giant deformed, mangy thumbs on an otherwise flawless hand. And if you don't recognise the person's new name, then they probably ain't worth noticing anyway.

There.

Ironically, I intended to change my name, but forgot it. I also didn't notice I was logged in under another account already, which made the name-changing unnecessary.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #24
Do you explode with a loud bang or a whump? When you explode do you give off poison gas, shrapnel, or acid. What is color is the explosion red, yellow, or blue? Is it a little explosion or a very big one? We need answers now.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.

Pages