The land of doom

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The land of doom
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
Is it a nice title? I think so...

Its the title of self-composed piece of music. Is there anybody here who would like to listen to it? Its a midi file, but the sound of the midi isn't the same sound as the one my notation program has, so the sound is about five times uglier.

If anybody is ineterested but wants better sound, here's the site where you can get my program. Just click on your operating system to get the demo (I'm using Printmusic 2004). Aftger downloading install and email me.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #1
I compose music using Finale Notepad. It gets very annoying especially with all the chords and transposing.

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Lord Nicodemus:

I compose music using Finale Notepad. It gets very annoying especially with all the chords and transposing.
I also have it, not the full prgram but a part. I don't use it, cause I have Printmusic which is better. I think, though, that you could listen to my piece, although I'm not sure. Want to try it?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #3
I used to have a neat little primitive composing software. I'll have to try out Notepad. Thanks for pointing it out.

Looking at the prices, though, I'm supposing Finale 2006 is quite the software. :eek:

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by WST ben:

Looking at the prices, though, I'm supposing Finale 2006 is quite the software. :eek:
Believe me, for anybody who doesn't want to be a professional, Finale Printmusic or Finale Allegro will certainly do. The main difference for me is the number of instruments and gadgets you have in the program.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
I compose music using my old battered acoustic guitar. I just strum tunes on it, and write them down if I like them.

Then I add my lyrics to them, which I write beforehand. And viola!

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

I compose music using my old battered acoustic guitar. I just strum tunes on it, and write them down if I like them.

Then I add my lyrics to them, which I write beforehand. And viola!

That's a way of composing my friend does. I'm composing hole musical pieces for a complete symphonic orchestra.

Anyway, still nobody for "the land of doom?" :(

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #7
From the sound of the music's title, it sounds like it might be good background music for a game. Maybe like the last level or something.

Edit: Cool! Post count is 333!

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 06:18: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Anyway, still nobody for "the land of doom?" :(
Go nuts. Send it to nottmforestweloveu (at) yahoo.co.uk

I'll try to be gentle!!

Actually, it's great to talk to fellow musicians. I'll have to try and record some of my stuff - it's alternative rock - ish, but played acoustically...

Unique is how I define it!

--------------------

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
Yey! Hail you people! :D Its classical, but its fairly modern. The title actually doesn't say much about the piece itself - Some parts are far to happy actually. Only the main theme is rather "Land of doom"-ish. I hope you guys will like it.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot, I now assume you have a demo of Printmusic? I recommend it, cause the midi version simply is far to ugly when comparing it to the original.

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 06:30: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #10
I could put it on my *very* simple site, and link to it here, if you'd like.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

I could put it on my *very* simple site, and link to it here, if you'd like.
That would be ver nice, thank you. What is your email adres? I'll send you the printmusic file, not the midi, for reasons I wrote in my last post.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #12
quote:

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot, I now assume you have a demo of Printmusic? I recommend it, cause the midi version simply is far to ugly when comparing it to the original.
My computer is being a bit of a... well, not very good, and so I daren't try anything until it sorts itself out. Which means that I can't even type up my essay assignment. Oh well...

--------------------

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #13
Maybe you have an other computer? the midi really isn´t something you want to listen too...

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #14
quote:

Maybe you have an other computer? the midi really isn´t something you want to listen too...
Sure send the good 'un! I know how important it is too sound great! I just want be able to give you a verdict today - i'll have to do it at school.

--------------------

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #15
Okay, I send you a copy of the better sounding version. Just one golden tip: From the MIDI menu, choose "human plaback" and put that on clasical. It will improve the overall sound.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #16
Thralni, I have sent you my e-mail address in a PM.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

Thralni, I have sent you my e-mail address in a PM.
I got it and sent you the music.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #18
It's online.
The link is here:
http://www.angelfire.com/ex2/e2ie/Thelandofdoom.MUS
If Angelfire won't let you download it directly from that link (Angelfire hates offsite linking), click the word 'get' in my sig to go to the the page with a link that will work.

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #19
I saw it on your site. Thanks very much that you're willing to host it for me! :D

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #20
No problem. I've still got 14 MB of space left, and it didn't cost me a dime. Besides, I need practice for my HTML (ugh!) class anyways.

[ Tuesday, September 20, 2005 07:17: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #21
Come on. HTML is awesome. :) But then again, I don't have classes.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #22
HTML is the most boring kind of coding you can do. Even QBasic is more fun to work with than HTML. 3/4 of the fun of programming is coming up with the algorithms, which is something HTML greatly lacks.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #23
Any .mus file can be opened with finale notepad. Also, finale notepad is free, unlike Finale. Now I'm having some retarded trouble with notepad, it is not showing the notes properly and instead is displaying random stuff. My dad just updated to tiger, so I think this may have something to do with the fonts...

EDIT:
I listened to the piece. It is nice, but it does not seem to have support, for the moving notes do not have an underlying base part. I may be wrong, they may actually have a base part, but if they do, I can't hear it and I can't read it (See first part of post). Also, this may be just the fault of the instruments, but around measure 65-70, there are some parts that are discordant.

[ Sunday, September 25, 2005 06:00: Message edited by: Lord Nicodemus ]

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #24
In the beginning I also had problems with Printmusic. After some time, the notes were normal again. Maybe you should try to reinstall it?

So if any .MUS file will work... Have you tried "The land of doom"?

--------------------

Pages