iCome, iSpam, iWin

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: iCome, iSpam, iWin
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

It fails to occur to me why it gives prestige to people to be the most prolific producer of what is ultimately rubbish of the first degree. ...
Says the person who compiles the monthly top 10 list and is proud to be #1. :P

If you make a list, some people will naturally want to get to the top of it. (There are some pretty useless things in the Guiness book of records.)

However, I agree that this obsession with statistics is getting rediculous, which is why I decided to see how much I can post, while posting only on this thread.

[ Thursday, September 22, 2005 08:26: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #51
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Or I could take it completely off topic and start referring to other threads. For example, I could mention that if you know Russian, Ash's iguana song sounds even dumber in the original.
Please do. Could you translate for us?

I'll listen to it again when I get home in the evening. The only part of it I remember is constant repetition of the phrase "we can't be caught" ("nas ne dogonyat")

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #52
Well, thats a surprise. I didn't think I would make the 10.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #53
Heh. I remember the first month, when Thuryl had :eek: 480 posts :eek: . I noticed he slowed down immediately. :P

I will say, however, that the top 10 this month was not near the feat it has been in previous months.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #54
I haven't slowed down deliberately. I've just been busier.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #55
Most of the regulars have slowed down to some degree.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #56
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

quote:

It fails to occur to me why it gives prestige to people to be the most prolific producer of what is ultimately rubbish of the first degree. ...
Says the person who compiles the monthly top 10 list and is proud to be #1. :P

If you make a list, some people will naturally want to get to the top of it. (There are some pretty useless things in the Guiness book of records.)

However, I agree that this obsession with statistics is getting rediculous, which is why I decided to see how much I can post, while posting only on this thread.

It also fails to occur to me how claiming to "win the game of losing" is being proud of an accomplishment. :P

Point taken, though. I actually had planned to stop the ranking list this month, but then I came out first for the first time ever, so I decided to put it in one more time.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #57
Maybe post it, but only to those who ask. It WAS a good idea, but then so is Communism, and that doesn't really work. Or least it hasn't yet...

Yeah, so I decided to not post so much. Plus I have lots of work from college. And for the first time ever, a social life of sorts!

But some people see all publicity as good publicity. They don't see that being famous and infamous are seperate. And that the latter is usually a bad thing...

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #58
You spam, Marlenny? Naaaaahh... impossible. ;) ]

As for the rest of you third-grade spammers, you're just lucky that I've got sixth form to keep me busy. Maybe I'll make Guru one day...

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #59
Yeah only 499 more posts to Guru. Whether that proves anything or not.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #60
Dolphin, I've noticed that you have slowed down considerably. You are usually around 400 posts ahead of me, and after a two week vacation, you are not that much ahead. The real world taking over, or is the novelty wearing off?

--------------------

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #61
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

Dolphin, I've noticed that you have slowed down considerably. You are usually around 400 posts ahead of me, and after a two week vacation, you are not that much ahead. The real world taking over, or is the novelty wearing off?
Not at all, I still love you guys. My puppy is keeping me very busy, as is school. I should be studying right now. I thought I would be a Guru as of about two months ago, but it's coming along very slowly. I do need to post more though.

--------------------
Nena
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #62
quote:

Point taken, though. I actually had planned to stop the ranking list this month, but then I came out first for the first time ever, so I decided to put it in one more time.
No!! The stats much continue forever.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
My puppy is keeping me very busy, as is school.
What breed and how irresistably cute? :)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #64
She's a four-month-old Rat Terrier, and this cute :)

--------------------
Nena
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #65
Awwwwwwwwww... it's a sleeping cute-thing. Darn, I can't wait until I can move out - darn parental allergies.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6335
Profile #66
uhhh im an older member (300's) but i have returnerd (yay for misspelling) but forgetting my password (boo) and my user (boooo) and my old email got deleted (extra boo). but yeah so where do i fall: am i a new user or a current one o.O . also do you do this each month?
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #67
Yes, Aran (Arancaytar) has been doing this around the 20th of each month since...May, I think. Around that time. Its not that much of a title to be on top, though.

--------------------

Polaris
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #68
I s'pose it's all done with a PHP script and a MySQL database that pretty much runs itself. The ideal date for the statistics release each month is the 17th, but the actual date depends on Aran's degree of business.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #69
A member in the 300's who returned? Currently 6335? Why, subtract an even 6000 and... by God! It's me!

—Alorael, who would like to welcome himself back to Spiderweb with the most earnest of entreaties: if you should have happened to retrieve your sanity in exiting, please remember to leave it at the door again.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #70
349, unfortunately.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #71
That's why my passwords for everthing are exactly the same. Well for web-stuff any way.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #72
VCH: That doesn't help if you don't remember your login name either.

Drakey: I don't care how many accounts are between me and Deepfried. He's member 6335 and the forums recognize him as such.

—Alorael, who will point out that he actually remembers said member, which means his schizophrenia is worse than previously imagined. It comes from hitting the bottle in an exponentially increasing fashion, he supposes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #73
I vaguely remember Deepfried too. It must've been at least 2 or 3 years ago... :\

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Babelicious
Member # 39
Profile Homepage #74
Comparing the number of Spiderweb posts you've made is like comparing the number of kernels of corn in the toilet after you've pinched one off.

They're ultimately useless and doomed to decay until Jeff Vogel raids the sewer and gobbles them down like a Charleston Chew.

Pages