Gathering weird statistics of Spidweb board members

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Gathering weird statistics of Spidweb board members
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #25
Beware of the Can.

Aside from that, I've always been an 8 finger + 2 thumb person, none of this 10 finger herecy.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #26
Getting canned once in a life time doesn't hurt that much.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
Getting canned twice in a life time is very rare, since it is almost equally rare that the canning is revoked.

However, I seem to remember that someone has been canned at least twice.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #28
Well, even that can't hurt very much.

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

Getting canned once in a life time doesn't hurt that much.
I happen to disagree. I rather be an apprentince (which is one of the worst titles ever) than canned. It's sooooooo (what's that word?) humiliating.

edit: Nice questions, Random but Ok

[ Thursday, September 01, 2005 07:25: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #30
Apprentice and Canned a both pretty bad titles, but Apprentice is far less permanent. I can also think of a person or two who have been canned a couple times.

[ Thursday, September 01, 2005 07:37: Message edited by: Zaiu ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
That's rather impressive. It's easier to go from Canned to Banned than to go from Canned to unCanned and back again.

—Alorael, who may have to weigh the merits of being Canned himself. It is a custom title, after all. It would be interesting to see if Drakey would be willing to grant it and remove the only Postliness and potential Postaroni. Could it be that there is a Spidwebber forever immune to Canning?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #32
Speaking of Canned, over at CSM we have implemented a new policy of in-between. So something marginally bad that does not quite deserve canning will recieve the title Semi-Canned, with, Canned or BANNED coming afterward as needed. That might be of use here, but I suppose a lot of people would get it right off the bat *cough*ben*cough*, so never mind.

The only person I seem to remember being uncanned even once is FBM. Who else?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #33
Alec.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
TM was uncanned. In a manner of speaking.

Unfortunately, this was when his title changed to "BANNED".

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Benny Boy:

Speaking of Canned, over at CSM we have implemented a new policy of in-between. So something marginally bad that does not quite deserve canning will recieve the title Semi-Canned, with, Canned or BANNED coming afterward as needed. That might be of use here, but I suppose a lot of people would get it right off the bat *cough*ben*cough*, so never mind.

That is rather odd, as I IP banned the person.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #36
Yes, but Spiderweb usually doesn't take suggestions, especially from noob boards. :P

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #37
Mind/Ghost was also uncanned, as were several other people.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #38
quote:

Um, didn't you used to be canned?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #39
I don't think Ben's ever been canned, mostly because I don't believe "posts tons and tons of pointless dreck" applies to him.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

I don't think Ben's ever been canned, mostly because I don't believe "posts tons and tons of pointless dreck" applies to him.
I love the word "dreck" you use. It sounds really like something nasty. Words really have to sound like their meaning, otherwise a language doesn't sound right. May I ask if you are a jew?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

quote:

That is rather odd, as I IP banned the person.

I doubt that the title changes to BANNED automatically once someone is banned. You have to rechange the title. If that's what you meant.

And no, I have never been canned. At least not while I was here. I've really had no intention of getting myself canned. But I know a couple of people who would seriously consider it if they were admin.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #42
Back to the statistics:

Alorael was shooting at 9 persons. May they rest in pieces.

Most people think that of Halo, MP, Ur-Quan Masters and OoT, OoT is the best. Metroid Prime hasn't achieved any votes at all. What a pity.

Of Spidweb games I mentioned, most think that Avernum 3 is the best.

13 people honestly think 'kissa' means an elephant. 19 people quessed it right. 21 people were cowards and used a dictionary or an online
translator.

Surprisingly, most people think the first fusion reactor will blow up. 10 people instead believe it'll tell us the meaning of life.

Most people believe in the 10 fingers herecy.

55% of the voters hate Bush for one reason or another. 36% of them have realized that he's only a puppet. 6 people have no idea what we're talking about. And 15 people think that my insanity can be cured by brain surgery. I'd better hide.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #43
What we have here is a serious case of OCD. Yes lets talk about how many fingers we have when it really doesnt matter and then talk about people who may or may not be canned for another few hours.

By the way I, like most people, have 10 fingers, but there is a disorder where you can have 6 fingers on each hand.
If we went by the reasoning that the thumb is not a finger, then neither would a "pinkie".

Boy am I a hypocrite.

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #44
"Pinkie" is just another name for "little finger". "Thumb" has no other name with the word "finger" in it.

*THUMB*

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
but there is a disorder where you can have 6 fingers on each hand.
It's actually not a disorder. Its a dominant genetic trait. The only reason you don't see many people with this trait, is because in the past, the 6 fingered people were killed at birth, making everyone have the recessive 5 finger (or 4 fingers, and 1 thumb) trait. This is according to my high school biology teacher.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #46
Then we should be able to genetically breed 6-fingered people by now. :/

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #47
We could, if we had enough 6-fingered people willing to mate with each other. It's notoriously hard to selectively breed humans. :P

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #48
Yeah it is a dominant genetic disorder... I forgot :( .
The sixth finger is not very useful, because it sort of looks like it grows off another finger and is usually removed at birth.

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #49
Plus, it makes it easy for young Spaniards to hunt you down for killing their fathers when they grow up. And preparing to die is such a bother.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.

Pages