Hello

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hello
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #75
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

Maybe you could make an origami egg?
Here it is, an origami egg. Since an egg by itself seemed too simple, I decided to make a chicken hatching from it.
IMAGE(http://tinypic.com/azbamq.jpg)

Also, here is a dragon I designed about a year ago. With this model, I was trying to see if I could make a traditional origami crane into a dragon. As you can see, I was successfull.
IMAGE(http://tinypic.com/azbcxe.jpg)

Edit: Does anyone think these images are too big? If so, I'll resize them.

[ Tuesday, August 23, 2005 08:36: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #76
Very nice origami animals. :)

And I think the pictures are the right size.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #77
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

chicky, still remember that time we made that very stinking stuff and some of the acid dripped on my new pants?
Oh i remember :D , that was fun!!! And indeed we never saw anything explode, but we've seen some grouvy reactions, though :D

BtW, Error, that egg and that dragon are really wicked! you really got talent! keep up the good work ;)

[ Tuesday, August 23, 2005 09:00: Message edited by: no chicken for sale here ]

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.

When you are at school, you wish you where old enough to work.
When you are old enough to work, you wish you were at school.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #78
WOW!! That egg is very nice. I requested it only about a day ago or so... how can you make them so quickly? (*gasp*)

By the way, my mother managed to reapair the damage that the acid made on my pants. well, after many hours of cursing and sticking the needle into painfull places.

EDIT: I gave a better look at the chick hatching from the egg, and I must say, that that chick really looks good! I like the way youy made the head and the wings! i wonder if there's something you can't make...

[ Tuesday, August 23, 2005 09:10: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #79
Birds are fairly easy to design, and the egg was half as easy, since I didn't have to design the lower half. It took me a half an hour at the most to actually make.

Edit: I can't make anything with more than about four different limbs. There are many methods used by origami designers for making things, and I have yet to find out a good way to design unique models with large amounts of limbs.

[ Tuesday, August 23, 2005 09:20: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #80
How long have you been doing this, and where to you learn all this stuff? I'm amazed at these.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #81
I've been interested in origami since I was about five, but I wasn't able to make anything much more complex than a paper boat until I was about nine. Origami is pretty easy to learn, because there are so many origami books for beginners. I learned most of the basics of origami from Teach Yourself Origami by Robert Harbin, which is a very good book for learning origami. I also recommend Origami to Astonish and Amuse by Jeremy Shafer, which is a good book for both beginner and advanced origamists, and has some of the most interesting origami models I've ever seen.

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 17:06: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #82
You made the design for that dragon yourself? I'm duly impressed. Following instructions to create origami is one thing, but making them yourself is amazing.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #83
Would anyone be interested in having the diagrams for the origami vahnatai? I might be able to make some, but I've never diagrammed my origami before, and I don't want to do so if no one is interested.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #84
I hope you dodn't mind I go a bit off topic?

I still admire the people here for the ability to change an original subject into something almost completely different.

That's all.

i admire these origami things you've made. I tried it several times, but everytime I destroyed the figure I was making, because I didn't have the patience to sit there and fold the paper in the right size and patterns. the only thing I can make is a paper airplane.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #85
No, I wouldn't like the diagrams themselves per se, but may other people would. You could make that quite a business of coming up with interesting designs, making them, diagramming them out, publishing them, and selling them.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #86
I must say that I'm greatly impressed by such talent and skill. I'd love to learn how to be that good, one day. My hat off to you, sir.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #87
Designing origami isn't nearly as complex as it seems, I've found that designing origami is sometimes easier then making other people's models. If there is anyone here who is interested in origami but hasn't designed anything, I suggest they read this essay.

quote:
Originally written by no chicken for sale here:
was it complicated to make? i wanna give it a go as well ;)
The chicken wasn't too complicated(except for the tail, but I might find a way to make that easier.), so you might be able to make it. If you can make an origami crane you could probably make the chicken. Currently there are no diagrams for the chicken, but I am thinking about making some, and if I do, I'll be sure to tell you.

Also, while we're on the topic of origami, you have to look at
this. I didn't design it, and I was unable to make it( I tried once, and gave up after about three weeks), but it's just too awesome to avoid mentioning during an origami thread.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 07:18: Message edited by: Error ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #88
Your second link is broken.

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 22:39: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #89
Try this.

There are three pictures of it.

Very nice oragami btw. I used to be into oragami, more then I was ever into knitting. I still like to make 'my' piano once in a while...

IMAGE(http://www.geocities.com/jewelsoftheforest/piano.jpg)

Nothing original about it and very simple to make. That and boxes(which require scissors so I'm not sure if it's true oragami) are all I make now-a-days.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 05:34: Message edited by: The Ghost of Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley

Pages