baldurs gate.......

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: baldurs gate.......
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
does anyone know if there will be a baldur's gate 3 for pc or some other new rpg by Interplay and Wizards of the Coast?

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #1
Interplay is pretty defunct at this point. The folks who made those games are currently working either at Bioware or Obsidian Entertainment (which is most of the old BlackIsle Studios crowd), who currently publish through Atari.

From what I've gathered, BG3 is pretty much off the table. Look for NWN2 in 2006 though, as well as probably some other WotC-property-based games to be developed by Obsidian Entertainment not too far in the future.

[ Thursday, July 21, 2005 08:43: Message edited by: Drew ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #2
i heard that when and if bg3 is made itll be made by atari so itll b nothing like bg 1 and 2

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #3
It won't be like the first two anyway, as that story pretty much played itself to the end in ToB.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
I think I had enough of that series after having to switch the discs so many times for the first one...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #5
It was a lot better with the large install, although going back and forth with the "Tales of the Sword Coast" disc and the 5th disc was a bit of a pain.

[ Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:27: Message edited by: Drew ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #6
wont the third be you as a god traveling the planes ,being the lord of murder and all that,and the other choice of remaining mortal

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #7
Yes, there is a BG3 in development supposedly. Very few details have been released, however.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #8
I never got to play the Baulders Gate series, not that I didn't try. I bought Baulders Gate 2 second hand and it didn't work, and when I tryed to take it back they wouldnt take it claiming that I could have just pirated it and returned it. That was a pain in the ass and made me 15 bucks out of pocket. Anyway, are they actually any good?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
Critics like them.

I personally find them to be high quality games.

Others will complain.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #10
BG3 is in development.
Supposedly, Atari will force it to have some 3D engine or something, and generally mutilate it beyond the worth of the quality associated with the name.

It is thought that it will use a differing engine than BG1/BG2, or something like that, IIRC.

I can only assume the plot won't be a strong point, considering BG2:ToB. Generally, I expect it to be an attempt to drain more money out of the BG community following the finalization of the real episodes. I haven't seen Jurassic Park III, but based on Djur's comment (something like 'Making Avernum 4 is like making Jurassic Park III'), I can only assume it is somewhat bad, and therefore lies in a similar vein of comparison with BG3.

--------------------
Inconsistently backward.
SWOH. IM, PATF, ND.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #11
Then what would he say of the supposed Jurassic Park IV?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
The question is not so much what he'd say as where he'd hide all the bodies.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!