Alright, NOW what

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Alright, NOW what
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #25
Eh, TM knew better than to come right out and insult fellow members while doing his best to get around the censored word filter.

Okay, TM, listen up, if you ever read this. If you can get yourself to follow the CoC, even a little bit and stop insulting and using various synonyms for certain sexual organs and functions, you will avoid being banned.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #26
It's not that he doesn't know that, Ben, it's that he's gotten away with it for so long that he probably didn't think he'd ever get called on it. Either that or he didn't care. TM's the kind of member whose presence I can enjoy only from afar. Spiderweb may be slightly different (has anyone noticed any momentous changes yet? I haven't) but it certainly won't lose its color. It would if enough people mourned TM's loss and made up their minds that Spiderweb could not possibly be spicy without TM, and began clinging to his return, but luckily, enough of Spiderweb will move on that that won't be much of a problem.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #27
Yeah, a suppose that's just TM for you.

But then again, we've lost TM, then Alec, and now Aran (well, you never know, he might just be moving into low-power state).

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #28
Drakefyre is a bit too harsh, methinks. Three months is a lot for such inconsiderable trespasses. I won't miss TM, but I wouldn't ban him for longer than a few days for his vulgar language use.

Drakefyre, you claimed to have warned him several times, but you also claimed that you often warned me before you humiliated and degraded me three years ago, which you did not.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #29
Well, he was banned, which meant Drakefyre really meant business about him changing around a bit. He obviously did not. It's kind of like someone convicted of a DUI, immediately upon being let out of jail, goes and drinks a bunch more before driving home.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #30
I've seen Aran here a couple times, and he posted yesterday. It seems he's only partially gone :)

TM was banned again without much warning due to having just returned from a banning (and he was still Canned), but TM's ban is excessive; going from ten days to three months is a big leap.

[ Wednesday, July 20, 2005 08:06: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #31
And next time it'll probably be forever.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #32
Reminder Notice:

Stareye banned TM for 3 months. No one else was involved.

*this message funded by the interest in accuracy foundation*
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #33
It was only a matter of time. Do you think he'll be any different if he comes back?

--------------------
Bending, but not in the way you might imagine.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #34
Maybe a bit more careful for the first week or two, but even that is doubtful. I don't think he'll change, at least not as a result of his ban.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #35
It really depends. If after 3 months, he really cares about his posting rights, yes. But in all reality and after being banned twice, I don't know if he even cares if he's banned or not. There's always Desp, if not anything else.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #36
It's happened to others, like TGM.

--------------------
Nena
Member # 66
Profile #37
TGM is still the same as ever. Much to the regret of those who live in southern Finland.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #38
TGM wasn't near as bad though.

Darn goatse.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Reminder Notice:

All the mods were involved methinks.
quote:
by *j in another topic: ... the action taken was acceptable and agreed upon by the other admins.
:( Three months is way too much, and it's a punishing of everybody who misses him too. Me feels punished unjustified.

--------------------
* add anything meaningful here
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by Mister Maoben:

Darn goatse.
You think posting goatse is less offensive than what TM said?

Sounds more like you have a personal preference of TGM over TM rather than what they did, IMHO.

--------------------
Nena
Member # 66
Profile #41
Hurling insults is more offensive than a man with an extended behind. Something about insults being more personal and so on.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

going from ten days to three months is a big leap.
That's true, but it's supposed to be. Do you really think that someone who has been warned, Canned, warned again, and Banned for a week, who has then come back and been exactly the same as before, do you really think that such a person would care if another short ban were instated?

Three months is supposed to be a jolt.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Abject:

Drakefyre is a bit too harsh, methinks. Three months is a lot for such inconsiderable trespasses. I won't miss TM, but I wouldn't ban him for longer than a few days for his vulgar language use.

Drakefyre, you claimed to have warned him several times, but you also claimed that you often warned me before you humiliated and degraded me three years ago, which you did not.

The point is that he didn't learn from his first ban. The warnings are plastered all over the boards, in General, RWG, and Blades of Exile definitely, and maybe in other forums. And when he came back and resorted straight away to his old tricks, it meant that he didn't take it seriously enough. So this is to make him take it seriously.

As for you, I gave you plenty of warnings on Avernum 3 about not reviving old topics, not posting answers to questions that had already been answered, and posting spam. And all I did was give you the 'Canned' title. Don't tell me that there weren't ample warnings.

quote:
TM has always been here.
TM has always been at spidweb, but he was not always in the Blades community.

quote:
Originally written by Meter Maid:

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

Reminder Notice:

All the mods were involved methinks.
quote:
by *i in another topic: ... the action taken was acceptable and agreed upon by the other admins.
:( Three months is way too much, and it's a punishing of everybody who misses him too. Me feels punished unjustified.

Stareye applied the ban and asked if we thought it was fair. As far as I know, only Schrodinger and myself replied, and both of us said that it was fair.

Well, he should take that into consideration when he comes back. Right now if you miss him, go to Desperance or the Lyceum.

Three months is a long time, but a long ban was necessary to knock some sense into him. If a newbie came around and started insulting everyone and hurling about obscenities, you'd be calling for him to be banned forever. Nobody here is above the Code of Conduct.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

quote:
Originally written by Mister Maoben:

Darn goatse.
You think posting goatse is less offensive than what TM said?

Sounds more like you have a personal preference of TGM over TM rather than what they did, IMHO.

I think one count of goatse was less offensive than the countless counts of profanity, perverseness, harassment, and insults issued out by TM over the years. And yet TGM was banned indefinately, while TM will be allowed to come back. Again.

However, I do agree that goatse is bad, strictly against the CoC, and is definate grounds for banning, so I actually shouldn't be saying anything.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #45
Yes, but TM also gives more back to the community than TGM, and most of the reason TGM is not back is because he doesn't want to be.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #46
Oh. I noticed that you aren't too strict on TGM when he finds his ways to post.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #47
quote:
Blue cheese is great.
Indeed it is. Though you know, it can be bitter, dry, sharp, and acidic, when it is still too young. Also, it should be kept cool to preserve the taste.

PS: Bathing Stilton in Sherry? Mmh. I'll try that.

[ Wednesday, July 20, 2005 13:13: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #48
I'm not sure it's meant to improve Stilton that's still good, or only to restore Stilton that's gone dry. Stilton and port are still the great taste combination.

Somewhere I read that Louis XVI's last request by way of food was for a bit of Roquefort with some red wine. I haven't been able to confirm this in any way, though. It's good stuff, too, though.

What are the other good ones? Gorgonzola, though the gorgonzola pizza that was not uncommon in Austria is a bit much, I find. A slice is fine, a whole pizza kind of overwhelming.

Danish Blue is sort of a generic substitute. Maytag Blue is an American version. I understand that it really is made by a branch of the washing machine family. I've only had it once, and I think it was pretty good but I can't really remember it.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #49
Gorgonzola pizza sounds horrible. But with green salad, olives and a slice of toast - delicious. The Blue Danube is flat, the Blue Bavaria even worse. I don't know the american varieties, they are not to be had over here. Roquefort on the other hand...Roquefort and Sauterne, Stilton and port, Gorgonzola and Madeira...heaven!
Did you ever try Stilton with celery?

--------------------
Polaris

Pages