Heaviest Cabbage

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Heaviest Cabbage
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #0
A cabbage grown by Bernard Lavery of Llanharry, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales, in 1989, weighed 56.24 kg. (124 lb.).

Cabbage

IMAGE(http://www.recordholders.org/images/vegetables/red_cabbage.jpg)

[ Sunday, July 03, 2005 21:25: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Wow, thats heavier than me. The world's largest pumpkin weighed 606.7 kg (1,337 lb 9 oz) on October 5, 2002 during the pumpkin weigh-off at Topsfield Fair, Massachusetts, USA. The pumpkin was grown by Charles Houghton (USA) of New Boston, New Hampshire, USA. That is, of course, according to the Guiness World Records site.

[ Sunday, July 03, 2005 21:37: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #2
Tallest Tomato Plant:
A tomato plant grown by Nutriculture Ltd, Mawdesley, Lancashire, England, reached a record-breaking height of 19.8 m (65 ft) on May 11, 2000. The plant was grown hydroponically - which means it was grown passing nutrient solutions through it rather than planting it in the soil.

Link

edit: What's with the UK and tall, large fruit and such?

[ Sunday, July 03, 2005 21:53: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

A cabbage grown by Bernard Lavery of Llanharry, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales, in 1989, weighed 56.24 kg. (124 lb.).

Cabbage

IMAGE(http://www.recordholders.org/images/vegetables/red_cabbage.jpg)

Straight from the dark laboratories of Terror's Martyr... Black Mark Cabbages!! :eek: :eek:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
Um... OK, well, that's.. um... nice! I think. I dont like cabbage, i'd rather eat tomatoes. the only thing I know about, is the words fattest men: I forgot his name, but he weighed abot 404 kg.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #5
Ok, since this has become pretty much a records topic, I'll post some food ones.

Beer:
The Czech Republic is the leading beer consumer per capita, with 160 liters (281.56 pints, 35 gallons) per person as of 1999 – nearly double that of the United States. Unsurprisingly, the Czechs only import a small amount of American beers – mostly Rolling Rock, Michelob, and Miller. In 1998, the Czech Republic as a whole consumed 1,653 million liters (436.7 million gallons) of beer.

Celery:
Joan Priednieks of Weston Zoyland, Somerset, UK, grew a celery plant that measured 2.74-m (9-ft) tall in 1998. She bought the plant at a school fete in 1997. Joan says the celery is too tough to eat.

Custard Fight:
On April 11, 2000, 3,312 custard pies were thrown in three minutes by 20 people, at the Millennium Dome, London, UK. The event was organized by internet company, Funplanet.co.uk.

Fruit:
The fruit with the lowest calorific value is the cucumber (Cucumis sativus), with 16 kilocal per 100 g (73 kilocal per lb.)

^I thought that Cucumber was a vegtable, not a fruit.

--------------------

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

^I thought that Cucumber was a vegtable, not a fruit.
Technically, as long as something has seeds in it, it's a fruit. "Vegetable" is a culinary term, not a botanical one. There's no reason why something can't be a fruit and a vegetable at the same time.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #7
World's Fastest Ferret

Warhol, owned by Jacqui Adams of Blythe in the U.K., set a world record for speed at the 1999 North of England Ferret Racing Championships on July 11, 1999. Warhol ran a distance of 10 m (32 ft) in 12.59 seconds. When asked for comment, Adams recommended ferrets for anyone suffering from loneliness. "They are the most wonderful, loving, mischievous anti-depressant you can have," she said.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door.:

Straight from the dark laboratories of Terror's Martyr... Black Mark Cabbages!! :eek: :eek:
It's official - I am less innocent for knowing Aran. It's a frickin' cabbage, man! That your mind could conjur You Know What from that image...

Also, Spring, if you're under nine stone, you should put some weight on! Try eating more bacon, the most delicious food extant.

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 05:22: Message edited by: Drew ]
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #9
Not exactly mon petite chou-chou, is it?

[ Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10:55: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Why, Mr. Miller! You are the first to bring up anything but cabbage. Black Mark Cabbages are, for the record, merely cabbages. "Merely" is synonymous with "mutant, militant, and merciless" in this case, but the matter stands. You naughty man!

—Alorael, who believes you may be confusing cabbages with melons and guavas. Those poor fruits have unsavory but very sweet Spiderweb histories.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
Drew — around 50kg, and around 170cm. Don't worry - I was 35kg until a couple of months ago.

--------------------

Polaris
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #12
Thuryl - I've always (ya know, since infancy) used that definition for fruit, but vegetable is a word I've used to describe edible plant materials that are commonly found in gardens. Like spinach, lettuce, celery, swiss chard, rhubarb, and artichoke (I know it's the flower.) Then there are tubers, like potatoes, and root vegetables like radish, beet, and carrot.

I've got all that stuff in my garden, hopefully growing into healthy and delicious meals. No mutant plants though, just normal sized stuff.

*this message sponsored by better homes and gardens, mines better than yours*
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
I'm not sure I see your point. There's a passionfruit vine growing against the back wall of my garden, but I wouldn't call passionfruit a vegetable.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #14
Spring, are you made out of balsa wood or something? I hope you aren't planning on going out for footy... ;)
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #15
Wow, Spring has density of a piece of styrofoam... O_o

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Spring, are you made out of balsa wood or something? I hope you aren't planning on going out for footy... ;)
Well...I have played 13 under 14 and a half matches this year, but due to illness which I have now, I will most likely be missing out this weekend. And, after measuring myself, I realise that I have made a mistake. My height would be closer to 165cm. And I actually think I am not really skinny, but not fat. I'm fit, though.

--------------------

Polaris
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #17
What the hell is footy and y r u talking about it in a cabbage topi :confused: c?

--------------------
I was born in Redwall, Raised by bandits, went back to Redwall, became thier champion, and was eventually killed by a raison that was caught in my esophogus......Joy
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #18
Spring: 0.30303030 kg/cm
Lt. Sullust: 0.3545712 kg/cm

You win this round... :rolleyes:

Edit: BTW, you are probably much closer to really skinny than you think. You're BMI has to be around 17, and the underweight marker is 18.5.

[ Wednesday, July 06, 2005 14:57: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #19
BMI measurements are slightly different for younger children (especially if they haven't hit puberty (not insinuating anything in Spring's case)), but he is skinny and a giant stickbone nonetheless.

What position do you play?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #20
Hmm... 165 cm would put you at about 5'5". If you're 50 kg, that's still pretty skinny.

By contrast, I'm a hair under 6', and 180 lbs. or so (at the top of the BMI for my height), and envious of everyone with a fast metabolism. :)
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #21
Taggerung — Football, or 'footy' as Aussies like to call it, is a game played with an oval shaped leather ball where we try and get down the other end of the field and kick it through two big white sticks. Pic:

IMAGE(http://www.showbriz.com.au/uploadedimages/pages/AFL_football.jpg)

That is a picture of Kangaroo player Wayne Carey (I think) tackling what looks to be Martin Pike, a player for the Brisbane Lions. We are talking about footy because I made a comment that the cabbage is heavier than me (it was 56.24kg and I am 51.7kg) and then Andrew Miller (Drew) said that I should try putting on some weight (which I am trying to do). He then said 'Spring, are you made out of balsa wood or something? I hope you aren't planning on going out for footy... ;) ', which I play. Now we are discussing my weight and football.

Drakey — Normally half-back flank, but I will be playing center-half back on Saturday. Its a shame because I might not be playing due to illness. I will ring my coach tonight.

Andrew — the official weight is 51.7kg. I have put on a kilo in a week.

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 15:06: Message edited by: Spring. Sanity Collector. ]

--------------------

Polaris
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #22
I'm 6'1" and about 165lbs. last I checked. And I'm considered too tall. :/

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #23
Well, the footy today turned out to be a good idea for me. We lost, but I was best-on-ground. I'm actually about the 6th tallest in the team, Drew, so I'm not as small as you may think.

--------------------

Polaris
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

The world's largest pumpkin weighed 606.7 kg (1,337 lb 9 oz)
Wow, that was a 1337 pumpkin...

ROFL GET IT!?!?!??!

--------------------
I am the apidimy of seven sausages.
The Abyss DEAD.
TEH EVOL STRAWBERY When fruit fights back.
End of World We're definitely going to blow ourselves up.

Pages