Official Election Primary Voting

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Official Election Primary Voting
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
Note to all voters: You have 24 votes. *looks at ben and BtI*

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #26
I still don't understand why we get 24 votes.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #27
Because there are 24 candidates, and that way you can distribute your votes amoung several candidates instead of immediately having to choose who you like best.

Yeah, sorry about that Drakey. I'll PM you again and fix the problem.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Candidates can shift votes that come their way to other candidates - that's part of what makes the election interesting and won't happen until after these results are collected.
Strikes me as undemocratic in the first degree, and I might have said as much here at some point. But hey, the house makes the rules...

Also: How many candidates enter the final round? The top three? Top four?

[ Sunday, July 03, 2005 22:31: Message edited by: Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door. ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #29
Top three.

This vote-shifting thing sounds like a bad idea to me, but I guess it's a bit late for that.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #30
I wonder... how does this happen? Drakefyre collects all the votes, then publishes them on the forum. Then what? Do the candidates have a week to shift votes, and then he announces the final results? Or do the results get updated in real-time every time someone shifts? Can you shift several times to adjust for the reactions of others? Is it possible to boot, say, the third candidate from his place by a group of unpopular candidates uniting behind one of their number? Is it possible to do the same through a very popular candidate shifting a number of their votes to another person.

Say, Thuryl, me and Dolphin are in the third round, and Kelandon is fourth. Can Thuryl shift a number of his votes to Kelandon (still maintaining his first place, or possibly going to second place after me), so that Kelandon moves up to third place and Dolphin is out?

It's all very fishy...

[ Sunday, July 03, 2005 23:48: Message edited by: Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door. ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #31
To Drakey: as I saw your changed e-mail address only after I'd sent my voting mail, does drakey@voicenet.com still reach you or is this invalid?

--------------------
Polaris
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #32
That very fishiness is what makes it highly unlikely that one person could throw the election. Once Drakey has finished "tallying" the votes, he could email the candidates with their vote totals, and their rank. I would suspect that conversations might occur, and then Drakey would receive emails telling him how to redistribute votes. What would be ideal is if every candidate got an equal number of votes.

And then there is that whole blood tensioning process afterwards. That sounds more like the kind of electioneering I would have been comfortable engaging in. Oh well, maybe next time.

*this message has not yet been rated by the mpaa*
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #33
ef- yeah, he gets both.

*this message sponsored by a fellow that voted incorrectly, and heard about it*
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

That very fishiness is what makes it highly unlikely that one person could throw the election. Once Drakey has finished "tallying" the votes, he could email the candidates with their vote totals, and their rank. I would suspect that conversations might occur, and then Drakey would receive emails telling him how to redistribute votes. What would be ideal is if every candidate got an equal number of votes.

And then there is that whole blood tensioning process afterwards. That sounds more like the kind of electioneering I would have been comfortable engaging in. Oh well, maybe next time.

*this message has not yet been rated by the mpaa*

In other words, smoky backrooms, shady deals and mysterious assassinations, here we come! Yay for the CONPIRACEY! :D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #35
Drakey, can we have an update of how many (and possibly who) have voted and who hasn't? No need to publish the votes yet, it'd just be interesting to see the turnout.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #36
*Raises an eyebrow at the reasonably unecessary double-posting*

*Shrugs*

If the pre-primary is any indication, then I think I might be able to say one thing - despite that the majority of candidates are equally able to moderate well, including myself, who wants the votes that I might receive, as the phrase "Unlikely" comes to mind?

Just razzing, of course.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #37
So far we have 29 voters.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by FBM:

*Raises an eyebrow at the reasonably unecessary double-posting*

*Shrugs*

If the pre-primary is any indication, then I think I might be able to say one thing - despite that the majority of candidates are equally able to moderate well, including myself, who wants the votes that I might receive, as the phrase "Unlikely" comes to mind?

Wouldn't say no to that, Mr. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by FBM:
who wants the votes that I might receive...?
Any candidate would say yes to extra votes, FBM. Maybe some need it more than others. You decide.

[ Monday, July 04, 2005 18:44: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #40
NOTE TO VOTERS:

Please send all voting emails to ryan-thompson@comcast.net now, the other email will stop working in a few days.

--------------------
====
====
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #41
You mean the ones that haven't voted yet right?

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #42
Yes.

--------------------
====
====
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #43
Just for the thrill of it, all the candidates should shift their votes to me, making me the only candidate in the final election. Then we can compare my blood-tension to itself and see if I am a moderator.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
Is there a deadline for votes to be sent in, and when will it be?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Voting will end on Saturday, July 9th at 2:34 PST (board time).
That would be the deadline for the primaries.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #46
There are slightly fewer than 24 hours remaining. So far we've had 42/61 voters for 69% turnout.

--------------------
====
====
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #47
Voting will be over in ballpark of four and a half hours. Get yours in!

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #48
Voting is now closed. The reassignment stage begins!

--------------------
====
====

Pages