*shudder*

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: *shudder*
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Repulsive:

Methinks" is a correct English word.[/QB]
Please! i beg you don't start on this forum also with English spelling and grammar. on the forum cracker jacks and the missing peanuts there is a hole discussion about it. also, what does a mango have to do with that new member? (Star wars is really cool, but they miss chickens).

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

In general no members over 1000 should be trusted.
I think you mean that no members with a special title should be trusted. ^^

--------------------
Bending, but not in the way you might imagine.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

Please! i beg you don't start on this forum also with English spelling and grammar. on the forum cracker jacks and the missing peanuts there is a hole discussion about it. also, what does a mango have to do with that new member? (Star wars is really cool, but they miss chickens).
'i' should be capitalised.

'beg you' should be 'beg that you'.

'forum' should be 'topic'.

'also' is unnecessary and awkward and should be omitted.

'English spelling and grammar' should 'the incessant pedantry'.

'on' should be capitalised.

'forum' should be 'topic'.

'hole' should be 'whole'.

'also' should be capitalised.

'(Star wars is really cool, but they miss chickens)' should be... nuts, I just can't bring myself to do it.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Orginal message:

Fixed, following Ash Lael's post and my own experience:

"Please! I beg that you don't start on this topic with the incessant pedantry. On the topic about cracker jacks and the missing peanuts there is a whole discussion about it. Also, what does a mango have to do with that new member?"

Thralni, when Drakefyre locks a topic, he usually posts a mango or one of those faces. I bet that you are new around since you did not know that.

EDIT: Fixed a few minor errors I did.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 22:50: Message edited by: Eagle, the author soul ]

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #29
I knew somebody would go and correct what I had written. Well, we have to learn from our mistakes, don't we. :)

that mango, well I'm pretty new here. I indeed didn't know that. In that case, that mango has a good reason to be here (Ash Lael, what's wrong with chickens?)

EDIT:
So eagle, we meet again. this time I'm not going to correct your post, as I don't have enough patience.

EDIT 2:
I have something to celebrate! I now have a karma of two stars. anyone who wants to make it one star, do so if you wish.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 22:59: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #30
There's a time and place for chickens, is all.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 22:56: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #31
That place is my plate, and the time is at dinner.
(But why are there no chickens in Star wars? They have to eat to, don't they?)

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #32
*grin* Thralni, don't turn cannibal. A chick is a girl.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

So eagle, we meet again. this time I'm not going to correct your post, as I don't have enough patience.
You do not have to correct my posts, you will only improve me, not insult me (I suppose it would be ment as a counter-punch or similiar if you would.).

As for the record:
I never insult anyone on purphose nor do I post with sarcasm without notify with a "NOTE: Contains sarcasm". I never lie either, it is not in my nature to do so. I blabber though in a way that may raise suspicion and I start blabber off topic with historic lectures or similiar quite often. ^^;

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #34
That i have too. Blabbering is something that can be really nice. I didn't mean to insult you in any way, just a silly and not really a joke. ;) (If I did insult you).

quote:
originally written by ef:
"don't turn cannibal"
Well, if you look at it from that point of view, sorry. Although I meant those cute mostly white-feathered birds that taste delicious when they are grilled.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 00:20: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #35
Hopefully without feathers...

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #36
Only if its on my plate....

EDIT:
did anyone notice how quick a topic can change? suddenly we are talking abouy chickens in this topic (Doesn't matter to me, I adore them). the same with the "Cracker jack and the missing peanuts" topic. Suddenly we talked about english grammar.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 01:36: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #37
Well, the topics are conversations and conversations hardly revolves to a fixed subject since people elaborate their reply and then someone reply with something about the last reply and so the subject quickly changes. Sometimes the subject goes back to the former topic if people want to keep talking about/discuss it. Simple forum/conversation nature.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #38
Open question: If you were elected moderator, what would you do with this topic?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #39
Nothing, it contains a somewhat glitched but nice conversation and it developes in an interesting way. Though, if it would develope to a topic with no longer live material (Such if we started just posting crap such as "Mmm... chicken feathers..."), I would lock it to prevent spamming.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #40
It's gone far off-topic and isn't exactly a high-content thread, but people seem to be enjoying it and nobody's getting hurt. A gentle reminder to members that it's good form to think about whether a one-line post really contributes anything to a topic before posting it, and that we don't need every topic turning into the National Grammar Rodeo, might be in order.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 01:51: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

and that we don't need every topic turning into the National Grammar Rodeo, might be in order.
That's what I'm saying almost all the time. Still, I like chickens, and I'm going to eat a grilled one tonight! The grammar part can be really annoying, but it can also be fun. I wouldn't lock this topic. Almost constantly people reply and sometimes with the most stupidest things you can imagine (chickens, although I like them). Blabbering can be really fun.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #42
Hmm... interesting development... It would seem we have started blabbering about blabbering. :D Well, I will go connect my Macintosh to internet, now when no one is home, so I can download SW games! And if I am lucky get some updates on my older games. :D :) :D

EDIT: The internet connection did not respond. No game downloads today... :|

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 02:21: Message edited by: Eagle, the author soul ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #43
Ah, yes, the grammar rodeo. Well, this proves to me yet again that 98% of Spiderwebbers are super-nerd people, are proud of this fact, and get kicks out of making witty comments based on peoples' spelling and grammar errors. Anyone "normal" who finds his or her way here is going to be slowly mutated into an opinionated silly fool.

Note that I am merely speculating; I in no way claim to be "normal." I was already a nerd when I came here. Come to think of it, almost all of us were probably nerds when we came here.

A well cooked chicken can make a lunch exciting, or as a part of supper punctuate the day on a good note. I personally enjoy the Spicy Chicken sandwiches from Wendy's® restaurants. They are worth at least five coronary bypasses and angioplasties if I do say so myself. If there's no franchise in your area, then go find one. It's darned good chicken.

Also, Chick-Fil-A® (sp) is a very good chicken place. Unfortunately, there is only one in all of Miami, and it's within a mall. I hate malls. :P I only eat there when I travel. Their lemonade is the bomb. Waffle fries! Try the basic chicken sandwich there. MMmmm...

You know what else is good too? Roast beef. It's better with barbecue sauce.

And I hope there are Outback Steakhouses in Australia, otherwise I'll have to shake my fist at those blokes like I have now done with the Foster's people. Their ribs are completely excellent. And that apple cup they give you is nice too. Oh! and try the Gold Coast Coconut Shrimp! It's a tastebud party, I tell you.

Oh, and absolutely nothing beats a Vietnamese-style spring roll. Chicken, shrimp, and whatever else wrapped in rice paper is the major shizzle in my nizzle. Har har har.

I wonder why I'm not a ball of fat! (My metabolism is rather slow, too...I guess I don't eat this stuff as often as I'd like) Apparently I remember food very well. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm hungry right now.

Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Krispy. Kreme. Doughnuts. Hot Glazed.

I call it Krispy Krack. They are made with ambrosia stolen from Zeus's pantry.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by slp006:
"A well cooked chicken can make a lunch exciting, or as a part of supper punctuate the day on a good note. I personally enjoy the Spicy Chicken sandwiches from Wendy's® restaurants. They are worth at least five coronary bypasses and angioplasties if I do say so myself. If there's no franchise in your area, then go find one. It's darned good chicken.

Also, Chick-Fil-A® (sp) is a very good chicken place. Unfortunately, there is only one in all of Miami, and it's within a mall. I hate malls. [Razz] I only eat there when I travel. Their lemonade is the bomb. Waffle fries! Try the basic chicken sandwich there. MMmmm..."
That's what I wnated to hear! Welcome to the club of chicken lovers. I like chickens grilled or barbecuede. My mother can also make them really good. She calls her chicken dish "chicken coutry captain." So the name is dumb, but the food is really good. Put some pasta with it, and you have it! Really good chicken dish! send me $15 and I'll maybe give you the recepy.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #45
Mmm... sounds wonderful... If anyone of you here ever would get the idea of travelling to Sweden, choose to travel to the westcoast. The islands west of Gotemburg are really cozy and the shrimps are the best! Shrimp sandwiches with salad and spinach tastes wonderful! Shrimp salads taste wonderful and shrimp in mushroom sauce with potatoes and cabbage is the blast! Mmm... shrimps... *Homer voice*

EDIT: Chicken in good marinade... Mmm...
IMAGE(http://www.smartandfinal.com/summer02/images/fried_chicken.jpg)

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 03:22: Message edited by: Eagle, the author soul ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #46
I and my family once went to Sweden, but we turned back after seeing Legoland in Denmark, because we all got inpatient about the long drive. We should have planed the trip better. Well, after that we went to Germany to the Sauerland, stayed for a week in a small hotel, just relaxing and eating chocolate icecream (hmmmmm...). The last day however, we had to rush home, because our cat (may he rest in peace) got ill. He had a stroke.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #47
May your cat rest in peace. I will go throw a big chicken party, now. Any spiderwebber are welcome.

ENJOY THE PARTY:

IMAGE(http://www.blythewoodnet.net/southern_pig/fried-chicken.jpg)
IMAGE(http://bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/People/Grad_Students/huifangq/food/HuifangCookings/edited/fried_chicken.jpg)
IMAGE(http://www.e-rcps.com/pasta/main/fowl/i/chck_kfried.jpg)
IMAGE(http://www.bento.com/rcp/trt-torikara1.jpg)
IMAGE(http://www.china.org.cn/images/9285.jpg)
And the final blast!
IMAGE(http://www.zenreich.com/ZenWeb/images/grilledchicken2.jpg)

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #48
YAAAHOOOOOO!!!

That looks delicous! Can you get me some of the grilled one please?! And the one from first picture!?

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #49
The last one is grilled, the second last is boiled and the rest are fried.

quote:
"Google is your friend." - http://www.googleisyourfriend.com
EDIT: Fixed an error.

EDIT II:
IMAGE(http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/images/bart.gif)

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 03:44: Message edited by: Eagle, the author soul ]

--------------------

Pages