Worst Spiderweb Game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Worst Spiderweb Game
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

An unfortunate fact about democracy: ignorant people's votes count just the same as well-informed people's votes.
Or, in five short words: "Every idiot gets a vote."

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Vote Arancaytar:

quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

An unfortunate fact about democracy: ignorant people's votes count just the same as well-informed people's votes.
Or, in five short words: "Every idiot gets a vote."

I'm just being a pedant, but logically those five words do not say quite the same thing as my seventeen.

--------------------
Everything I know about the Avernum Trilogy: [ A1 | A2 | A3 ]
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #27
Besides, that's not entirely true. Certainly in Britain those struggling in terms of mental aptitude (the certifiably insane, the monarch etc.) do not get a vote.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #28
On the other hand, maybe a lot of the most informed people figure that with the amount of time it takes to vote and the chance of it changing the outcome voting isn't worth it.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #29
Wow, I´m surprised to see that Galactic Core is not hated as much as people make believe.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Ms Marlenny:

Wow, I´m surprised to see that Galactic Core is not hated as much as people make believe.
Or, more accurately, that more Spiderwebbers use PCs than Macs, the first of which can run Homeland, the latter of which can run Galactic Core. So naturally, Homeland is more unpopular than GC.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #31
Those who are unfortunate enough to have played both, including myself, usually agree that Homeland is truly abysmal, whereas GC is merely mind-numbingly boring and unoriginal.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
Ocean Bound is mind-numbingly boring and unoriginal. Galactic Core is just mind-numbing and happens to be boring and unoriginal.

—Alorael, who encourages Richard White to patent it for use as an anaesthetic, which should be spelled anasthetic if you're not in the UK but isn't.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
I am sure there are less painful ways to anaesthesize someone. With a large hammer, for instance.

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #34
I love being under anesthesia. I also love Galactic Core, yet for me GC is anything but an aid to unconsciousness.

I'm also immune to caffeine, so maybe I'm just plain weird. :confused:

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #35
Be glad you are only immune to caffeine. My metabolism is so slow I only get a sugar high from the substance it's in and then crash. So it ends up having a reverse effect on me, thanks to sugary vessels.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way

Pages