ever felt anyone envys you just because you are intelligent?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: ever felt anyone envys you just because you are intelligent?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #50
More like a Harvard-Yale rivalry than a Michigan/Ohio State rivalry.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #51
Yale wishes.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5908
Profile #52
here, i forgot to throw in some details

first, believe it or not, if you saw me with my friends, you would think i am the most stupid individual among them. This is a result of my efforts to hide my capacities.

second, i am a disaster. I am mostly known for my insensitiveness. When people find out that i am capable of laughing, they always look surprised.

third, you don't even imagine the amount of things i am not good at. Many times i feel like exchanging my intellingence by some other abilities. And I would have done so, if i was able.

i have dozens of friends, though not close ones.

the people who usually have issues with me are those of my class, for they seem unable to understand the way my personality works

understand why i sometimes feel awful?

and by the way, i have said it before, but no one seems to listen. I AM NOT AN ENGLISH NATIVE SPEAKER, SO DO NOT JUDGE HOW SMART I AM BY MY WRITING.

sorry about the caps.
i just used them because aparently some of you guys think i am arrogant

alas, there is this spread idea about smart people being arrogant, which makes things even worse

[ Monday, June 06, 2005 15:31: Message edited by: imho2 ]

--------------------
i am imho
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #53
It will be better when you get to university.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #54
Expecting sympathy on these fora is a signifier of your lack of intelligence, even beyond your abhorrence of the shift key.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by imho2:

When people find out that i am capable of laughing, they always look surprised.
Hear, hear. I've heard such things as "man, you can smile!" and "wow, are you actually laughing?"
I have no idea why. I'm not that much of a serious person. Look at the places I hang out at.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #56
Insensitivity works best when done with a smile on your face, I think. Whether you're serious or just joking.

On a more relevant note, have you considered not giving a damn what your contemporaries think of you? That is arrogance, but it's very effective arrogance. If you think they don't understand your inner depths, then presumably you're in the best position to know. On the other hand, the boards' general view of you could be correct. But if that's the case, a deserved rather than undeserved reputation for arrogance is the least of your problems.

Just remember: breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Do not stop, or you will die.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #57
Age also helps. Ugly ducklings eventually grow up and find the other swans.

I don't mean to imply any specific judgements on the intelligence or character of people I don't know at all, anyway. Trite or not, though, the phenomenon is real, and good except in how long it can take, as I expect most of the older people here can attest.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by ATTN:
:
quote:
Originally written by imho2:

When people find out that i am capable of laughing, they always look surprised.
Hear, hear. I've heard such things as "man, you can smile!" and "wow, are you actually laughing?"
I have no idea why. I'm not that much of a serious person. Look at the places I hang out at.

I agree with that - I get those lines a lot too, though it's probably because I somehow got a natural brooding look over the years, and I find myself unable to smile at a camera. Only my relatives say that though.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Pages