ever felt anyone envys you just because you are intelligent?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: ever felt anyone envys you just because you are intelligent?
Warrior
Member # 5822
Profile #25
at school i am classed as a very smart person (and i am)(exept in math) but i dont like to help people and i have been wrongly envyed

--------------------
who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of men? the shadow knows
ninjas are so better than pirates
homerun
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #26
Never underestimate the power of mathematics.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #27
I have leant a lot in maths this year, all because of my teacher. He teaches you well while still being able to take a joke.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by PoD person:

I simply remind people, when they seem jealous, that I have had to leave second period to turn off my car, which I left running, and that I've put food in the oven to warm it up, only to find half an hour later that I never turned it on. I'm good at abstract concepts and numbers; others are good at life. I haven't decided just where the advantage lies yet.
Try cutting a sandwich in half and forgetting to remove the knife before eating it.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #29
Try not removing your thumb when you put a Cheezel into your mouth.

--------------------

Polaris
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by shadow, the:

at school i am classed as a very smart person (and i am)(exept in math) but i dont like to help people and i have been wrongly envyed
I simply cannot bring myself to believe you.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by shadow, the:

You must be pretty bad at everything else, too.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #32
Evunbudy envy me cuze I iz so smurt. Oh I iz so sad. <Parody>

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #33
Thats is something that Jar Jar Binks would say.

I am generally good at most subjects that I do at school: Maths, English, Science, History, P.E, Robotics, 3D Art and Drama. But my least favorite would have to be French. I can't stand it for some reason. I can speak it pretty good, but I just don't like doing it.

--------------------

Polaris
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #34
I don't believe that the connection between smartness and academic achievement is quite strong. Granted, my viewpoint may be biased, since my school has a fairly consistent record of being in the top 5 for state schools at GCSE and A-level, but offhand I can name several people who will get straights 'A's at A-level and will go on to Oxbridge, yet do not have much in the way of brainpower compared to my friend who dropped out after GCSEs and is currently training as an Army mechanic.

Intelligence doesn't translate to academic achievement automatically. It takes a degree of commitment and hard work. If your intelligent enough, that degree isn't too much, but it's still there.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #35
Spring: In NZ, we have electronics instead of robotics. I guess it's similar? What year are you in?

Bob: Oxbridge?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #36
Oxbridge is a British abbreviation for "Oxford and/or Cambridge" (one of these is the best university in the country ^_^ )

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

Oxbridge is a British abbreviation for "Oxford and/or Cambridge" (one of these is the best university in the country ^_^ )
And one of them is known to some Spidwebbers.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #38
Back in high school, I was good at maths and Comp Sci, mediocre in English, engineering and the regular sciences, and horrible at everything else. And they said I was smart. Although it was probably because I'm one of the few Chinese people who managed an 80 in English once.

I wonder if they'll still consider me smart after seeing my abyssmal GPA...

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

I remember a Chemistry teacher who was asked by one student if he went to Oxford (presumably solely because of his British accent), and who was totally aghast. He exclaimed, almost offendedly, "I'm from Cambridge!". :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #40
Everyone seems to have a favourite, which is it?

And I knew it meant both - my question was why use both like that, when one would have worked fine?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by An Upright stranger:

Spring: In NZ, we have electronics instead of robotics. I guess it's similar? What year are you in?

Year 8 (I'm 13).

At our school, electronics and robotics are completely different. Robotics is also known as RMS, which stands for robotical mechanics study. Or something like that. Electronics is better, as you make things that aren't lego, which is pretty much what RMS is.

--------------------

Polaris
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #42
I know quite a few 13 year olds, and I remember Form 2. RMS sure doesn't sound like a class to me.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #43
Its not. Basically you play with lego for 2 periods. But now we can't do that and must do theory because a kid tried to steal some lego men.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #44
Ha, little sneak! I forgot about how little work you guys do. I guess my school was serious. We spent a lot of time preparing for the Australian English, Maths and Science stuff, you've done that?

[ Saturday, June 04, 2005 21:08: Message edited by: An Upright stranger ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #45
Lego Rules!

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #46
I'm not saying that lego is bad. I am merely saying that it should not be classified as a school subject. ortunately, I will never be doing it again, as we only have it for one semester.

--------------------

Polaris
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #47
Has anyone else said you don't seem like a Form 2? You're the least annoying Form 2 ever, unless my school has the worst little ...

--------------------

La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by An Upright stranger:

Everyone seems to have a favourite, which is it?

And I knew it meant both - my question was why use both like that, when one would have worked fine?

From the outside, they look the same. From the inside, they are very different and inspire fierce tribal loyalty. Brits are weird.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #49
The actual reason I said Oxbridge was because I couldn't remember whether it was Oxford or Cambridge.

As to the rivalry, it's largely because they're by far the two oldest universities in the country. They'd also like to think they're the two best universities in the country, although that varies from subject to subject and the Oxbridge graduates will stoop to almost any level to fix the university league tables that the newspapers run every so often. It's just basic human psychology. When the future elite (I won't say leaders, because politicians have almost always been Oxford alumni if they've been either) have gone to one of two places for hundreds of years, it'd be amazing if there wasn't a rivalry.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality

Pages