Recommended Reading

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Recommended Reading
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #75
Night, tides and empire of blood, the lightning theif, airborn, skybreaker, harry potter, Lotr, dragonlance, forgotton realms and eragon.

--------------------
I AM A MINOTAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM INVADING THE SHAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL SHALL FALL TO MY WRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #76
Hm... been a while since I was in this topic, but I've got more recommendations.

Obvious: Harry Potter series (6th book is fairly good in my opinion, speaking of series which just keep going)

Not-so-obvious: Kim Stanley Robinson's Red Mars, Green Mars, and Blue Mars. Very good (but very long) sci-fi series with enough half-solid science to keep it entertaining.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #77
You should try "The Tome of Diarog Lethuta". I wrote it myself. Very cool reading. It details my life over a span of 10,000 years (from my chaotic assault on Atlantis, to the destruction of Ancient Egypt).

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #78
Just finished reading Umberto Eco The Mysterious Flame Queen of Loanna. Really excellent-- kind of experimental, lots of illustrations.

Sometimes I like to ponder my crystal skull and read the Emerald Pop Tart Tablets written by the brotherhood of the Great White Twinkie. :P

[ Sunday, August 14, 2005 12:20: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #79
Another recommendation. This time it is a mystery novel. Walter Mosley, Cinnamon Kiss. Should be coming out this month. A good solid read.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 6268
Profile #80
Le Comte de Monte Christo or anything at all by Alexander Dumas, Lord of the Rings, Isaac Asimov short stories, Harry Potter, oh and "A Long Day's Journey into the Night" is an awsome play as is "The Lion in Winter." Oh and "Macbeth" is cool too.

--------------------
Un ronron ronchonne, un ronfleur ronfle.
Un rongeur ronge, un roi règne, une orange roule.
Ça c'est la réalité.
Mais si le ronchon ronge, le ronfleur ronchonne,
Le roi roule, le rongeur règne
Et l'orange ronfle,
Ça c'est une autre histoire.

Pages