Star Wars!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Star Wars!
Warrior
Member # 5550
Profile Homepage #0
Star Wars is coming out! Salivating...drooling... Let me get my Jedi Robes and lightsaber, I need to get into my mojo.

--------------------
Most Important Questions:
Why does one sock go missing?
What is the purpose of meaning?
What is the purpose of girls?
What happened to the other one?
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #1
NON!

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #2
People are actually capable of looking forward to this after the abominations that were The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones?

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #3
Although I agree with you Ash, I will still see the movie. I like Star Wars, I think its a great series.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
It's supposed to be better than the first two. The book is okay; however, I'm not so sure how well it will be when taken onto the big screen.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #5
It will be worth it to see Hayden Christensen dropped into lava.
Apprentice
Member # 4404
Profile Homepage #6
It looks to be better then the first two by far, not better then the original trilogy, but it reminds me alot of some weird hybrid of A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back in terms of feel, plot and ideas.

--------------------
People says Microsoft paid 14 million dollars for using the Rolling Stones song "Start me up" in their commercials. This is wrong. Microsoft paid 14 million dollars only for a part of the song. For instance, they didn't use the line "You'll make a grown man cry".
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #7
Episodes 1 and 2 were abominations? While I agree that they did not out-do the original three, I wouldn't call them horrible. Well, maybe ep.2 comes close but ep.1 stood it's ground, imho.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
You just have to forget that this is real Star Wars by the guy who made the originals, and then it's okay. Think of it as semi-competent fanfic.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
I seriously doubt Ep.3 can be as bad as 1 and 2. I mean, just given the plot, it HAS to be better.

And (finally), it's returning to the series' more mature aspects, with much darker themes. Think ESB and the final duel in RoTJ.

But hey, I admit I used to be a massive Star Wars geek. And as of late, I've been returning. And it feels good.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

It's supposed to be better than the first two. The book is okay; however, I'm not so sure how well it will be when taken onto the big screen.
Books are always better than the movie.

Episode two is going to be on TV in 4 days time, so I'm going to watch it

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #11

My cat just walked across the keyboard. Random Art ahhh. :)

Any way, books are not always better. I thought Battle Field Earth the movie was better.

EDIT: A few fives removed for sanity.

[ Wednesday, May 11, 2005 09:04: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #12
Ugh, Battlefield Earth was poisonously bad.

I've played the Star Wars Episode III video game. It tries to be spoiler-free while still spoiling pretty much everything of note.

I can say I'll go see the movie for the fighting and the effects. There's lots of cleaving to be had, at least.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

My cat just walked across the keyboard. Random Art ahhh. :)

Any way, books are not always better. I thought Battle Field Earth the movie was better.

I like the HP books better than the movies, and they are some of the only books I have seen at the movies, so my judgement is severely limited.

Your cat must be pretty small, if it can produce that many 5's without any other number...or it just has big claws.

EDIT: The game was released before the moive was? Thats interesting...I don't really think that is a very good marketing stratergy.
I played a Star Wars game on Super Nintendo when I was about 5...I think it was Return of The Jedi. It was good.

Imban EDITs this for sanity.

[ Wednesday, May 11, 2005 09:04: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

I like the HP books better than the movies, and they are some of the only books I have seen at the movies, so my judgement is severely limited.
And yet you felt comfortable saying that books were better than their corresponding films in every case. Reminds me of Ayn Rand talking about psychology.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

And yet you felt comfortable saying that books were better than their corresponding films in every case. Reminds me of Ayn Rand talking about psychology.

I generalise a lot Thuryl, I do not mean that every book is better. My apologies. I'll try to be more specific in the future.

--------------------
Polaris-- New location.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
And cease to be such an easy source of amusement? Perish the thought, boy.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #17
PERISH IT!

So yea, I'd be playing the Ep.3 game if it was even on PC. Or at least I don't think it is...

But yea, I'm excited.

--------------------
The critics agree!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #18
Episode 3 will be the only good movie of George Lucas's late career, and in his entire oeuvre they'll wonder to put it above or below 'Howard the Duck' in the billing.

[ Wednesday, May 11, 2005 14:36: Message edited by: Custer XVI ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #19
I think the Episode III game is only on X-Box. While I wouldn't have gone out and bought it, I appreciate that one of my friends let me play his copy for free. :P

Again, for all the cleaving that goes on in the game, there HAS to be some good action in the movie.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #20
With the exception of Natalie Portman, Episode 1 and 2 were horrible. I hope we see a lot more action (and Natalie) and less bad/annoying acting. Jar Jar Binks and Anakin, alone, ruined episode 1.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #21
Oh my yes! I want more Jar Jar Binks. I've heard the whole of Ep3 revolves around him.

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #22
We can only pray that Lucas secretly switched Anakin and Jar Jar in the duel with Obi Wan on Mustafar, and Jar Jar DOESN'T get saved by Palpatine.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #23
What? You're joking right? Is Jar Jar in this movie?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #24
I've got semi-reliable information saying that Jar-Jar Binks shows up for a whopping 3 minutes in this movie.

Pages