A very important date, and some statistics.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A very important date, and some statistics.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
Today is a very important date. Day 666.

That's right, this is my six-hundred and sixty sixth day of Spiderweb madness, and I have enjoyed every single second of it (maybe apart from a few once or twice during some messed-up roleplays and some flame wars, but that's part of life). I'll celebrate this round number by throwing around a few numbers and averages, 'cause that's what I enjoy doing*. :)

Since my registration on May 14, 2003, I have posted 2443 times, which means a nice healthy average of 3.67 posts a day (you'd wonder how I get around to doing anything else, don't you?).

I also believe I have changed my name quite exactly a hundred times, these including about 87 lines from a poem. I have held two custom titles.

But that's boring. No, the statistics I was referring to in the title are concerning the activity of the entire General forum! A minor tool helped me note the number of posts at hourly intervals for the past few days.

Right now, the daily post average is at 62.7, and rising with every day. Don't believe it? Here:

IMAGE(http://images.polarisboard.org/arancaytar/graph.jpg)

(The last column is the projection for today)

In fact, the posting is speeding up so steadily that the total is almost a square function.

IMAGE(http://images.polarisboard.org/arancaytar/total.gif)

Where do you think it will go from there on - will we reach a more stable point again, will it develop into another slump, or will the boom literally increase until General is closed down for disk space reasons? :eek:

(*I figured that in the slew of useless topics going on right now, another one that featured shiny graphs and numbers wouldn't be that bad.)

[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 03:59: Message edited by: Automatic Road ANalyzer ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #1
thats some crazy stats, anyway congrats on all those posts

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #2
Perhaps the older posts should be removed if the required webspace can no longer be afforded?

[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 07:00: Message edited by: Mind ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
They do that periodically.

And in other disturbing news, I have more posts than Aran.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #4
The increased activity baffles me. :confused: You would think with spring in the states some of us hibernators would actually get goin' outdoors more. It's still too cold in WI for me to go out (freezing till the end of the week again) but it's gotta be nicer elsewhere. Maybe we are all getting anxious for spring break?

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #5
Although my Dual Enrollment at college puts me in a sort of spring break my highschool is still in school until the mid 20’s or this month. Which is good considering the bloody cold weather we have down here. I would expect it to have warmed up even slightly but apparently not. My relatives out on the west coast, which, thank god I’m going to go visit, say it’s rather nice out there. So perhaps all of us east coast bums simply huddle at home and pray that the heater never gives out. AS for my projections I predict a tapering off, then a slight drop as some of the less active members find better things to do ( I ask you…what could be better:D) But I suspect that with it’s endearing affinity to Misc. This forum should live well…and if it ever does fall we’ll have to move somewhere else…sigh…but where I ask you? :D anywho, that’s what I think…enjoy…First post of the day wakening me up, sorry it’s not too prolific:D

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
There are also the new comers such as myself. I think I've been posting at least six times a day (I know it's more at times). That and the surprise set off almost 100 posts.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #7
I commend you on your shinyness ARA:D

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #8
GJ Aran!

Just contributing to pushing the total posts of the day.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #9
There does seem to be a real surge in new members maybe thats the reason.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
Aran. :P

Can I put that in my signature? "Commended on his shinyness by Mung"? :D

And I really did start this to gain some insight into Spiderweb "seasons" which were mostly guesswork up to now.

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

They do that periodically.
Indeed, and the last two times have been marked by an archiving spree. But you'll hear more of that some time soon I suppose.

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

And in other disturbing news, I have more posts than Aran.
Yes. But guess who's the one Djur calls Elfy McSpamface? :P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #11
It is because you are often an elf and spam lots, as opposed to Kelandon, who is merely well-dispersed and has more of a slith fetish.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #12
quote:
Djur is irritated by others very easily.

His constant criticism is possibly justified; Every individual has a considerable amount of flaws and defections.

However, criticizing others is pointless. It only brings forth sense of inferiority.

Also, as repeated infinitely, the quality of your posts is more important than the quantity of your posts.

[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:09: Message edited by: Mind ]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Mind:

quote:
HAGGLE GAGGLE I'M A WOMAN

FYT

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Bad-Ass Mother Custer:

IT IS BECUZ HES TEH L33T DESPAR AND YOUR ARE TEH SUXXORZ AND FROM POLARIS.
FYT.

Cautionary note: I meant this to come across no more serious or coherent than the above post.

[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:03: Message edited by: Automatic Road ANalyzer ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
And here you know the real reason why there's a posting spree. Near the end of the cold season, tempers are frayed and flames become more frequent. As do typographical errors, apparently.

—Alorael, who would like to congratulate Aran on surviving to reach this momentous occasion. He'll also congratulate Slithy McPostleg on surpassing Aran's spammery.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
In two weeks almost to the hour will be the fourth anniversary of the forums.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #17
i'll remember to celebrate

and i have started postin lots so that must count too

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #18
[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 17:39: Message edited by: Betamax sales collapsed. ]

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #19
congrats, mortal.

and i still think i have more posts than you. stop spamming! :P

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #20

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #21
Please, friends! Must this innocent topic die the death? Et tu, BSC? :(

:P

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Bad-Ass Mother Custer:

quote:
Originally written by Mind:

quote:
HAGGLE GAGGLE I'M A WOMAN

FYT

Thank you for confirming my words.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #23
Apologies. Got carried away what with silence being worth a thousand words and all that.

On the other hand, I have a question that does have to do with the number. 666 --> Nero? I was told once that both in the Greek and Latin bibles if you add the number for each letter in Nero's name in either language you get 666.

Still, it was interesting to see the increment in posts. I also would've thought that this time of year was not going to be any more post friendly that January.

I guess General right now is full of spam friendly topics whose threads are wandering aimlessly (but that's more or less constant, right?). Still, it has been a while since we had a long thread, the last one being the Root of all Evil. The last number of threads have made it to a few pages at most. Dying well deserved deaths in most cases.
I wonder, with the way the posts are increasing, what number would we have if we had one or two long threads going on.

Cool stuff, though. This tool, does it have a link where people can check it?

--------------------
quote:

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #24
Yes. Speaking of the number of topics, I'm going to have to change the number of days that topics stya there for...5 days, thats a long time.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.

Pages