Just a random question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Just a random question
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #0
Specifically: Why is Drakey an admin?

As in, did he do anything? Is he just a well-respected member of the community? Did he send Jeff Vogel money?

Not trying to suggest that he shouldn't be an admin, just wondering about the events that caused him to be one.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #1
He has been around for a very long time, and Jeff takes his advice and such much more seriously than most other people's. But that does not mean Drakey has that much power over Jeff.

I am not sure, but I think Drakefyre communicated with Jeff before the boards were up, and he was an admin from day one.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
Which would sort of void the enduring disinformation point that Drakey is actually seven years old.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #3
All good seven-year-olds should have a time machine.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #4
But that's not Drakey, that's James. Which just proves that you can very easily be A and not A at the same time. ;)

--------------------
Polaris
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Because we all need a good moniker.:

Specifically: Why is Drakey an admin?

As in, did he do anything? Is he just a well-respected member of the community? Did he send Jeff Vogel money?

Not trying to suggest that he shouldn't be an admin, just wondering about the events that caused him to be one.

I was a moderator on the old ikonboard, and when we switched to UBB I became an admin to help Mariann set up the boards. Since I was responsible, she entrusted the boards to me when she was too busy for the job.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Don't listen to him! It's a conspiracy, I tell you! Spiderweb and Drakey are in cahoots and have terrible, evil plans!

This isn't news to any of you, I hope.

—Alorael, who would actually be quite surprised if anyone did not realize Spiderweb's malicious intentions yet. And unless you live under a rock, you should know how vindictive seven-year-olds are.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
Since I was responsible, she entrusted the boards to me when she was too busy for the job.
So within reason, the boards are yours to do what you want with?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
Part of administratorial responsibility lies in making a point of not using one's power for idiotic purposes.

Drakey could, I expect, wreak havoc on the forums (like rename all forums to "IMBAN"), but I suspect we'd have a new admin pretty soon afterward. He's not bound so much by limits on his power as by the unwritten rules of what makes sense. That, and his own Code of Conduct of course. ;)

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
Raise your hand if you think we should rename the RWG forum to "IMBAN."

*observes sea of hands*

I thought so.

EDIT: If for no other reason than that Alorael would have to utter the phrase, "Please stop spamming up IMBAN."

[ Wednesday, February 09, 2005 20:03: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
If RWG is renamed Imban, I'll be forced to shut down General in retaliation. The defacement of that poor, abused forum can only go so far.

—Alorael, who will do it, so help him abuse of mod status. Don't push a desperate man!
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #12
i knew that spiderwebsoftware was taking over the world.

-waffle guy, who just happens to live under a rock

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Touch not my signature, sir!

—Alorael, who claims a patent, a copyright, a trademark, and while he's at it, divine right. The signature is his and not yours!
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #14
Tisk-tisk. Didn't your mother ever teach you to share?

- Gizmo, who though marginally afraid of the wrath of Alorael, would like to point out that free speech trumps his divine right in a world of free will.

[ Saturday, February 12, 2005 10:24: Message edited by: Gizmo ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #15
*takes Alorael's sniper rifle for security reasons*

watch out :P

[ Saturday, February 12, 2005 13:29: Message edited by: HT Version 3.0 ]

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #16
Alo has already threatened me and others rather direly for repeatedly stealing his sig. I would stop if I were you.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
Free speech doesn't quite apply to forums as some people seem to think, but that is neither here nor there. I won't let legal niceties get in the way of ominous threats and fist shaking!

—Alorael, who would never allow his rifle to be confiscated. Fortunately, he's not Aloreal, so there's no problem.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by ben2:

Alo has already threatened me and others rather direly for repeatedly stealing his sig. I would stop if I were you.
Are you talking to me? :confused: :confused:

Also, sorry for the mispell. :o

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #19
This is such a nice topic...just confirms my job prospects as an assasin- with style.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Following the rights movements
You clamped on with your iron fists
drugs being conviently available for all the kids

Minor drug offenders fill your prisons
You don't even flinch
All our takes paying
For your wars against the new non rich
Warrior
Member # 3978
Profile #20
Funny, I was using a sig like Alorael's before I came here. But seeing as he/she/it (which exactly are you?!) is using it here, thus far I haven't. Now I shall. Why? I'm not really sure. Oh, and I hereby register my vote that all forums be changed to IMBAN. By the way, what the hell does IMBAN stand for?

-Not Alorael, but Solodric, who happens to live in a house built of bricks, therefore rocks, therefore he lives under a rock.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #21
It was a quote made by a person that is no longer here.

They were about to get banned and all they had time to say was "Im ban-" and then they got banned.

Presumably they would have said "I'm banned" or something. But no one is really sure, and Imban liked that quote a lot for some reason, so he chose it to be his User Name.

(sigh) I wish this was true...

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #22
In case it's not clear, Imban is one of the moderators of General and a fixture in the community, although he has not been very active recently.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #23
I vote we change the name of General to IMBAN and leave the rest alone. Whaddaya say, Drakey?

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #24
Rename ben to Imban. Impersonation is much more fun if you're forced to do it by the administration. :P

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
He also stands for marching band practice, because it is hard to march in a seated position.
Thank you. I needed that laugh today. :D

--------------------

Pages