New look for www.spidweb.com

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New look for www.spidweb.com
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
Originally written by Waffle Guy:

-Waffle guy, who believes that anly arogant people talk in third person and therefore alorael should be publicly executed
Did I not say that I was being unnecessarily pretentious? I can't very well be pretentious and avoid sounding arrogant, can I?

—Alorael, who also doesn't think anyone has been calling Waffle a newbie. Except maybe Aran, who is probably just poking fun. Then again, it's never good to put third-person words in a third (fourth?) person's mouth.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #51
For the record, I like the new look. Whether that's relevant three pages into the topic does not matter to me, since I only plan to read the first few posts.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #52
Aran re-read his post, and came to the realization that with the right premise, one could come to the conclusion he is inferring Waffle Guy is a newbie.

That is only a joke however, as Alo said.

Still, taking offense at being called a newbie, in joke or not, is also one of the marks of ne--- ah well, who cares?

[ Thursday, January 20, 2005 20:32: Message edited by: Where twilight lies upon the knees ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Well, for one thing, it'd be nice to see Jeff make something with a plot that didn't somehow centre around a rebellion.
Seconded. I'm a bit tired of it myself. It was cool and all when I first started the series, and make no mistake, they are great games, but the whole underground resistance vs. almighty authority got old around the time I started reading Philip Pullman's books. I mean, finished Avernum 2.

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #54
I would be happy to see a game with no slimes.

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #55
There are slimes in GF?
Apprentice
Member # 5421
Profile #56
Wow a new look, I wish we could've seen all the old looks of SpidWeb.com.

EDIT: Wait, there is a way! Look at this, http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.spidweb.com

[ Saturday, January 22, 2005 09:52: Message edited by: Kamakaski2 ]

--------------------
The number 5421 is the OTHER meaning of the universe.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #57
Kamakaski? Is this the same Kamakaski as the older one?

Edit: And the oldest design I still know is the 99-2001 one. That makes sense.

[ Saturday, January 22, 2005 12:51: Message edited by: Beheld afar across the seas ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #58
Well, this confirms it for me: I first found Spiderweb in early 2000, when A1 was new.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages