Hitman

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Hitman
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #0
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else likes the hitman series. I got hitman 1 and hitman 2, althought i thought hitman 1 was a bit crappy. (i played hitman 2 before hitman 1, thought hitman 1 was like hitman 2 but it sucked :( )

I also am wondering why hitman contracts isnt still in the stores. It only lasted a couple of months, some games have lasted in a store for over a year.

Oh yeah, I'd also like this to be a general discussion place, not a LOCKED thread like my other topic. So, dont add any useless comments and if you dont know what im talking about, go to the kotor topic.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #1
i played a bit of Hitman 2... i like how it plays sorta like MGS, like you can either be extremely stealthy or shoot anything that moves.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #2
Yeah, but you get bonus weapons for being the "silent assassin". Its also funner killing everyone stealthy. Theres really no point in killing everyone straight on. Then that'd be like a fps, and those are boring. No strategy involved.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
::gawks at last statement::
But I won't go there...

I'm not the biggest fan of the Hitman series. Sure, it had its highs, but it had some serious design flaws that just seemed too obvious to overlook.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #4
Of course, I'm not saying its the best game ever. Actually, it sucks compared to alot of games that i like, but its still a pretty good game, and was worth the money to buy. (knights of the old republic is waaaaay better!!! Go kotor!)

The reason i dont really like thehitman games as much as others is cause you can utilize the gameplay like an fps, which sux. ;)

But, its still a great game.

[ Sunday, November 21, 2004 18:04: Message edited by: -08 ]

--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by -08:

Then that'd be like a fps, and those are boring.
Aaaaamen, brutha.

Sorry, never played Hitman, but if Wisey's comparison is correct I can't say I'm anxious to do so.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #6
But...it is a good game, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying i didnt like it or anything, its just the way you play it. You can choose to be the madman that kills everything in sight and get no stealth, or you can be the highly stealthy cool guy! Plus, they got the best weapon: fiber wire! Well, if that doesnt appeal to you, i guess you could be happier without the game.

But the great thing about the stealthy way is, its more strategy. Oh well, I guess this topic isn't really a success. Theres no real hitman fans out there. :(

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #7
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=3

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Warrior
Member # 488
Profile #8
I couldn't beat Jesus. Any ideas?

[ Monday, November 22, 2004 20:58: Message edited by: Sedape ]
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #9
Lol. That was a good one selfish. Just how did you happen to stumble upon that link anyway.(just curious) Ach. It does bring up a good point though. The limited save files sux. Thats the most degrading aspect of the game in my view.

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #10
I'm known as Riibu. Don't forget that. And I read VGCats. Don't you know any webcomics?

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #11
I still say BTC is the best.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #12
I can't say I like Hitman. I played the original and Hitman 2, and was appalled. A guard can unload an Uzi clip and the guys in the next room won't hear him, but if you pull out your fibrecord and begin sneaking up on someone, he screams bloody murder--and his screams penetrate the door his bullets' reports didn't.

AI problems result in a "Bad Game Designer, No Twinkie!".

On another note, if you haven't played MGS3, DO SO NOW. It involves you going nuts with a fork. A fork. Classic Gaming Moment: I snuck up on a guard without any camo, doing the Rambo thing. I put him in a headlock, using my fork as a close-quarters combat weapon. I stabbed his sorry lame guard arse with the fork, then proceeded to use his body as bait to blast his friends with a shotgun.

Booya.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #13
I gotta admit, Hitman has gotten old, but was once fun! :)

Btw, whats that one game you speak of? It sounds fun. Putting up a link where i could get it or telling the full name of the game would help. :)

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #14
Google is your friend.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #15
Uh, Metal Gear: Solid 3?

Surely you've heard of the Metal Gear series...

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00