Late one...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Late one...
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #26
:D Balloons, Wham Bam? And you had always a pair of reserve rubbers in your handbag, in case of ... um, pneumatic loss?
BTW, I liked this pic best,

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #27
Honestly, I think sometimes it's better to dress more "conservatively" if you're endowed enough that everything is clearly visible in spite of your attire. Well, that's not to insult the less-endowed gal wearing a tanktop, but the super-endowed girl who wears the turtleneck speaks of something powerful as well.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #28
Ummm... I am not sure how to answer this... but I had the watch on to tell time. I had to keep my watch on.

TM, I am not sure I am understanding what you are trying to say...

Spy.there: yes, I did keep rubbers in my backpack... if you mean balloons. I didn't keep the other kind. :P

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #29
spy.there: Sie waren verwirrend, weil hier "rubbers" ein Schwangerschaftverhütende Mittel sind. Weil er hoffentlich nicht ein Frau war, er hätte keinen Kondome. :P (Aber wenn er ein Frau war, würde er keinen Kondome brauchen, weil seiner Schnurrbart so sehbar ist...)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #30
TM, die Doppeldeutigkeit war beabsichtigt ^_^
Because you can of course blow up rubbers too and use them as ... eh ... balloons. Don't tell me that you never tried it.
I made once a wonderful "feather-boa" from condoms. Was a big success at the party ...

quote:
Sie waren verwirrend, weil "rubbers" hier Schwangerschaft verhuetende Mittel sind. (??? This sentence makes no sense ...) (Aber wenn er ein Frau waere, wuerde er keine Kondome brauchen, weil sein Schnurrbart so sichtbar ist...
:) FYT
Sorry about the vowel-modifications. It's my browser.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3870
Profile Homepage #31
I always wonder why we Germans are constantly stereotyped as unable to pass up on correcting other people's mistakes. :P

--------------------
"Toleration is not the opposite of intoleration, but is the counterfeit of it. Both are despotisms. The one assumes to itself the right of withholding liberty of conscience, and the other of granting it."
---Thomas Paine

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #32
I am Swiss, it's even worse ^_^
My correcting comes from the concluding from me to others: I would be glad, if people correct my mistakes, thus I could learn something.

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #33
My tendency to correct others' mistakes comes from my natural judgement toward others. Please feel free to correct any mistakes I make because they will help me to learn better English.

I suppose that is what you were saying...

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #34
What is your response to my scandal, ben? I am curious as to what folks from your... backround think about outrageous stuff like this.

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #35
You don't need a comma before conjunctions in English.

Example:
Weisst du, wenn es käse gibt?
Would translate as...
Do you know if there is cheese?

Notice- no comma. (It's odd doing it from the other way as well.)

--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #36
Thuryl, I only said that you are cute. In no way am I attracted to you, or to any male; I am simply able to appreciate male beauty as well as female beauty. I think everyone is, but most straight males do not wish to admit it. Personally, I don't care - if anyone thinks I'm gay, it's because they haven't talked to me long enough.

And believe me, if you'd been backstage during the performances, you'd know exactly what I was talking about...

TM, what exactly do you mean by "homosexual experience"?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

Personally, I don't care - if anyone thinks I'm gay, it's because they haven't talked to me long enough.
Indeed; if they would talk to you longer, they would be sure of it.

EDIT (in which I apologize): Blah. My secret jokester ability isn't what it once was. Have patience with me.

EDIT2 (in which I come to think of something): This balloon-incident couldn't be classified as a homosexual experience, could it? I mean, a homosexual experience would be one in which you think a member of the same sex is hot. Basically, this is what has happened here, but does it count? If you thought he was a she?

If it doesn't count, I think very few men ever have homosexual experiences. Except for gays, of course. And excluding the chance you get raped by a big burly spaniard.

[ Thursday, November 18, 2004 21:03: Message edited by: Kreshweed ]

--------------------
ahhahaha i rule u droool
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #38
SD, I think you missed the fact that both of them were joking.

EDIT: Although your defensiveness about the subject suggests that maybe you have something to hide....

[ Thursday, November 18, 2004 20:54: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Kreshweed:

And excluding the chance you get raped by a big burly spaniard.
Senhor.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #40
The Crying Game is a game in which everybody loses.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #41
I also first saw the pic and said to myself "who's this hot girl?" then I came to read and woo hoo! wow, perception is a weird thing!
Now 2 questions:
1) Did you have to modify your voice as well to sound like a lady? or you just went on speaking naturally to make it funnier?
2) Did any unaware male invited you or asked your phone number?
As you said, it's a nice joke for one or 2 times a year, but keep repeating it... ups, you might end up :rolleyes: being a little too... ;)
hahaha.
PS.you like Boy George? :D

--------------------
"Hot kabobs, cold beer, can't beat it."
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #42
Marcelo: Did not modify my voice in any way, this was intended to make the whole thing funnier. My school is relatively small, so everyone eventually knew the hot chick on campus was me. From far away, this one guy had to look twice and said "what?!?" and I said, "yeah, its only me" or something like that. He really thought I was a girl, but noone offered their number. And I don't know who Boy George is.

I don't think checking a guy (who you think is a girl) out counts as a homosexual experience. I think actually doing something with a memeber of the same sex counts as a homosexual experience.

[ Friday, November 19, 2004 09:52: Message edited by: YooDoo Man ]

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by YooDoo Man:

And I don't know who Boy George is.

Lucky you.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #44
Thank you ben and TM ^_^

TM: Weisst du, ob es Kaese gibt?
or: Weisst du, wann es Kaese gibt? (this would refer to the time.)
or: Weisst du, wenn es Kaese gibt komme ich nicht. (I don't come if there is cheese.)

And to come back to the topic: I would sign this:
quote:
I think everyone should have a homosexual experience at least once in their life to know if they like it or not.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Roger Fickmann:

You don't need a comma before conjunctions in English.

Example:
Weisst du, wenn es käse gibt?
Would translate as...
Do you know if there is cheese?

Notice- no comma. (It's odd doing it from the other way as well.)

In fact, that's the most common sign by which you can identify a German native speaker in English - they'll place commas in those odd places occasionally.

There are also cases where a comma is common in English, but not in German. Say, after a sentence fragment describing time or place at the start of a sentence.

"A little over 500 years ago, America was discovered."

"For ueber 500 Jahren wurde Amerika entdeckt."

Placing a comma in the German will immediately identify you as a native speaker of English (not sure if that goes for other languages as well). :)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by YooDoo Man:
What is your response to my scandal, ben? I am curious as to what folks from your... backround think about outrageous stuff like this.
If you want to cross dress, go right on ahead. I've never had any intention to do it myself.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #47
That is good Ben....
We don't need anymore of the... experiences. Maybe you need one, but not two, one is enough for me.

If you do just don't post them please.

And what does no comma's denote? Bad grammar any language?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #48
I'd imagine it would be the same in other languages, but leaving out commas in English is a bad idea. They are important in keeping information straight, and ignoring their use can result in many different understandings of what you may have possibly meant.

Eh... I'm too tired to think of some examples.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #49
Kel, contrary to popular belief, I am not stupid. I call it "going along with it." That was not defensiveness. The discussion simply triggered something that's been on my mind for a while now - the ability to appreciate all human beauty, and even "think a member of the same sex is hot", without being homosexual. Even knowing that he is not a she, it does not necessarily classify as a "homosexual experience".

Why is it that females can talk about other females and describe them as "pretty", "hot", etc. without raising the slightest question as to their sexual orientation, but when males say anything of the sort they are branded as homosexuals? As I've already said, I personally do not care - I have such discussions with both males and females shamelessly - but the general idea confuses me. What is it that allows this type of discussion to be held between girls, but not between guys?

Also, I am genuinely interested in what TM classifies as a "homosexual experience". :P

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #50
I know, I know. Seriously, I'm just messing with you. Personally, I think Elvis Presley was pretty hot, at least in the early stages of his career.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!

Pages