Latest Pic!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Latest Pic!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #25
What I have to say: It works.

I'm no graphics artist, but I think you need to work on the face shape in general. It just looks too...unhumanly. Also, are you going to use shading when you color it?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #26
I called it amateur simply because some of my friends who are into that style can draw better than some professional work I've seen. ie. they're pretty damn good.

Compared to the average person's attempt, say mine, your's is pretty good.

If it looks odd, then perhaps it might have been wiser to have drawn it with a slight angle on it, instead of just being a side on view. Done right, that sort of thing can give a fairly reasonable 3D effect.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #27
Cool drawing.

(somewhat related question: Why are Playboy bunnies "bunnies" why not another animal?

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #28
quote:
(somewhat related question: Why are Playboy bunnies "bunnies" why not another animal?
B/C BUNEIS R TEH SEXY!11!1!

I dont like drawing anime art, all of it is very cheap, except for those one time animes like Cowboy Bebop. It's a decent drawing, even without the shading, and she does look a lot like Kagome.
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #29
http://whyteshadow.newgaea-nxs.com/gallery/tempo-michiko-color8.jpg

Semi-final version. Prepare to be thrilled by color, shading, and mouths that aren't flesh-colored!

Actually, I'm looking for a bit of feedback on Michiko's face since my usual feedback sources seem to be missing at the moment. Other stuff is good too, though. =^.^=

[ Saturday, August 14, 2004 20:35: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #30
I think it looks great, Whyte. Really good work.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #31
Most of it clicks fairly well, but holy HELL- Tempo's eye stands out way too much. Plus, I'd color the "inside" of the rabbit ears pinkish.
Everything else clicks, I think. Although I still think the legs look weird.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #32
The eyes... they're stylistic, what can I say.

Also, that's pretty amazing. Great work.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #33
Very nice indeed, WS. The first thing that drew my attention was the eye. I love her hair.
My first impression of his leg was funky. Almost as if he were standing on one leg only. But that was the first impression, then I got used to it pretty fast.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #34
Great work whyte, but tempos eye need another colour, or no colour and the rabbit ears need some pink inside. Otherwise, its really great work.

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #35
I'm glad people are being polite to Whyte. Keep it up. *fondles the Yaoi Gun*

I think Tempo's leg gives a sort of comic effect -- that he's leaning way back out of surprise. I can't really explain it, but I like it.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #36
I like. The eye does look a little odd, the ears do need colour, and his stance does look a little odd, but other than that it's good. Be proud.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #37
Thanks for being so polite, everyone. =^.^= Color is new territory for me, and I appreciate all the support and feedback you've given.

As for the issues you brought up...

About the eye, I'm not quite sure what you mean by it standing out too much or needing another color - I like it the way it is - but I'll experiment a bit anyway.

The ears really do look good with some color inside, too. I wonder why I didn't think of that myself... =^.^=;

And as for his leg...Djur pretty much said it. By the way, do those guns come in other flavors? =^.^=

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #38
I think there's a shoujo-ai gun, somewhere, in theory.

However, if it still exists, Feran has been hogging it for years, so the yaoi gun will have to do.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #39
Yup, I think you should make the eye a little smaller, give the boy the appearance of having two legs even though he is nearly sideways, and polish up the face shape (again, I still would prefer a more conventional face shape, but then again, if you consider that the "signature" feature of this work, I shouldn't be complaining.) Oh yeah, and give the bunny ears some color. It looks imcomplete and that you gave no attention to coloring the ears. Brown and pink, maybe?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages