Latest Pic!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Latest Pic!
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #0
Partly because I really like the way it's turned out so far and partly in response to the endless flood of barren topics, I give you...my latest finished pic!

http://whyteshadow.newgaea-nxs.com/gallery/tempo-michiko.jpg

Some of you have seen this already, so sorry about that. This was part of a trade between myself and Kharon (and yes, I got his permission before showing it to other people). The characters are Tempo and Michiko, left to right, two of his RP characters. This was a fun picture to work on. =^.^=

I drew it by hand, then cleaned it up and outlined it in Photoshop, which took quite a while with the new technique that Kharon taught me, but looks much better than the way I was doing it before. I might alter it slightly again, and I'm definitely going to try my hand at coloring it, but this is more or less the final lineart.

By the way, that signature is highly experimental. =^.^=

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 17:15: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Vote Richter! Belmont in 2004!
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #1
......Wow.

--------------------
I am the apidimy of seven sausages.
The Abyss DEAD.
TEH EVOL STRAWBERY When fruit fights back.
End of World We're definitely going to blow ourselves up.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #2
Good ole browsers back button and quick hand reaction of my computer and myself.
All I got to see was a choppy (because it was not rendered yet) thing, and then I knew it. Please. have a BIG warning before posting a picture like that.
ATTN People: It is not anything 'dirty' so thats not what I am saying. I am saying I am scared of rabbits. And that one is an unorthodox one in more ways then 5.
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #3
Ummm...I'm sorry if I frightened you, but what should I be warning against, exactly? Do you actually have some sort of lapine-phobia, or did you find the picture objectionable? =^.^=

--------------------
Digital Neko - more nekojin per capita than you can beat senseless! Now featuring all-new subdomain!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
GIFTS, you're a complete and total freak. Wearing bunny ears does not actually make a girl a rabbit.

Whyte Shadow, that's pretty cool. What is the context of that image (ie why does the guy look so freaked out when it appears that he is about to be kissed by a very attractive girl)?

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 18:10: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
The graphic could be considered objectionable, but not extremely so. Still, you should describe what members are in for when they click on the link. I was expecting something medieval, but bunnies are nice, too.

GIFTS*: How do you get the links to open in the same window?

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #6
quote:
(ie why does the guy look so freaked out when it appears that he is about to be kissed by a very attractive girl)?

Because she is a rabbit. Well, a hybrid people/rabbit, thing. :)

And I really am scared of rabbits. I am allergic to them.

GIFTS*: How do you get the links to open in the same window?
What link??? You mean the sliders timer link? It opens a new window in my browser. Try clicking it holding different keys down. If all else fails, click and hold the link or control click it or right click it and select the open link in new window. Or use the scrolling thing on your mouse as a button to click the link and it will open a new window.

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 18:15: Message edited by: GIFTSare2jddkes ]
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Whyte Shadow, that's pretty cool. What is the context of that image (ie why does the guy look so freaked out when it appears that he is about to be kissed by a very attractive girl)?
Well, I was actually just trying to get him to convey shock - Michiko isn't usually that forward and it was a very sudden situation. Thanks for your complements. =^.^=

quote:
Originally written by GIFTSare2jddkes:

Because she is a rabbit. Well, a hybrid people/rabbit, thing. :)
Eh? It's a suit...although I was considering making an alternate version.

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 18:14: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
GIFTS, that girl is no more a rabbit than a Playboy bunny is in fact an actual bunny.

Keep, in what way could you possibly consider that image objectionable? Either you're the single most uptight person I have ever communicated with, or you're seeing something that I'm not.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #9
You mean playboy bunnies are not bunnies? DOH! :eek:
On Topic: The picture is not objectable unless you are 0-10 years old. You, arent, 0-10 years old are you? ;)
And it is really a suit? Oops.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #10
Well you see... Wait, you think I'm uptight???? You think I'm seeing things???? That's it, I'm off to the Territories.

I see I forgot to post the rest of my message. I didn't really think that there was anything wrong with the image. I seriously thought it would be something more violent or medieval. Just didn't want to outright contradict the other guy.

Anyway, I wasn't too impressed with the image (it's not bad, though, and I have no experience with real graphics), but the lines were very clean. The mouth isn't my favorite kind of cartoon mouth, though. Color would be... wait, I'll color it myself!

By the way, how much work does it take to make an image like that?

Just reminded me of something... I once made this T-Shirt with a heat press and canvas 7. It was a picture of a generic cult member in a brown robe. Never got it to come out right, though.

[ Sunday, August 08, 2004 07:28: Message edited by: Keep ]

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Keep:

?tahT EKIL eGamI nA eKAM OT ekaT TI seOD krow HCuM WOh ,yaW eHt YB
About three days and a lot of meticulous revision. Then a virus corrupted it before I made backups and I had to spend three more days. But it was still well worth it.

quote:

egami EHT hTiW dEsSeRpmi ooT T'Nsaw I ,YaWYNA
Specifics, please? Sorry, but if people are criticizing my work, I want to know why. Not that I'm some focus group slave =^.^=

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 18:57: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #12
[This message was deleted at the request of the oringinal poster]

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 18:55: Message edited by: GIFTSare2jddkes ]
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #13
[This post was deleted too.]

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 19:09: Message edited by: And the marijuana leaf. ]

--------------------
I am the apidimy of seven sausages.
The Abyss DEAD.
TEH EVOL STRAWBERY When fruit fights back.
End of World We're definitely going to blow ourselves up.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #14
Geez, I never though it would be so difficult to express that I don't dislike it. I would've preferred to have seen it than to have not. I am just not IMPRESSED. It takes a lot to impress me, so it is not a bad thing. As I said in my previous post, the mouths were the biggest problem for me. As I said, clean and looks pretty professional.

Minor details: Sharp foot on girl, can't see left man's left leg, etc... I really liked the guy's hair, though.

EDIT: Try this out: *poisons the code for board sanity*

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 19:20: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Shock Trooper
Member # 3276
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by And the marijuana leaf.:

Ok nobody tell him the website you must go to to decode it!
Who what? What are you talking about? A deleted my post like 5 minutes ago and it only takes less then one minute to post a new message. You should have seen it had already ben deleted :D
[This message has something that refers to a deleted post and is making a joke and should not be dealt with seriously AND EDIT asks that Keep delete his code to free up space because GIFTS can read backward at the request of the oringinal poster]

[ Saturday, August 07, 2004 19:04: Message edited by: GIFTSare2jddkes ]
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

Geez, I never though it would be so difficult to express that I don't dislike it. I would've preferred to have seen it than to have not. I am just not IMPRESSED. It takes a lot to impress me, so it is not a bad thing. As I said in my previous post, the mouths were the biggest problem for me. As I said, clean and looks pretty professional.

Minor details: Sharp foot on girl, can't see left man's left leg, etc... I really liked the guy's hair, though.

Ah, okay. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess I just read too much into it. =^.^=

And as for Tempo's left leg, I'm keeping it like that intentionally until I can decide how to fix it non-awkwardly.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #17
As a note, it is near midnight from where I am, so I have had a few serious lapses of judgement in the past few posts.

And now I whisk myself to bed before I lose whatever credibility I have. Oh yes, and I just finished the counterpart to the previous bookmarklet, but too bad it will never see the light of day.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #18
@_@

that is all.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #19
For some reason, Whyte's post where he quotes Keep twice has the text back to front for me with strange capitalisation. That is to say, the letters are in back to front order, whilst still facing the right way.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #20
OK, OK, I reedited my post so everything is in the right order now. Happy?

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Your Unborn Child:

For some reason, Whyte's post where he quotes Keep twice has the text back to front for me with strange capitalisation. That is to say, the letters are in back to front order, whilst still facing the right way.
That's just because I quoted him while he was still doing that. I'm not sure whether I should re-edit it or not... =^.^=

Anyway, thanks for your feedback, everyone. I really appreciate it.

[ Sunday, August 08, 2004 07:30: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 4631
Profile #22
Picture reminds me a lot of Inuyasha... especially the interplay between the flirtacious Michiko (Kagome) and the stunned Tempo (Inuyasha).

--------------------
"'I saw the duckling hatch and disappear.
Sadly I ask who may have taken it.'"
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #23
Hmm... not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Then again some of my friends' work leaves me unimpressed by amateur attempts. Perhaps the left leg should be slightly back on the ball of the foot?

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Fingers:

Picture reminds me a lot of Inuyasha... especially the interplay between the flirtacious Michiko (Kagome) and the stunned Tempo (Inuyasha).
Wow. That's pretty perceptive - I'm a big fan of Inuyasha and its art style. If only I could play light and shadow like they do...

quote:
Originally written by FatBatMonkey:

Hmm... not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Then again some of my friends' work leaves me unimpressed by amateur attempts. Perhaps the left leg should be slightly back on the ball of the foot?

Amateur?! Who're you calling amateur?! I'll have you know blarg blarg blarg blarg! *Spews foam from mouth*
Just kidding. =^.^= Seriously though, I am hoping that this picture, which is a major improvement for me, will help open up the way for commissions and professional stuff.
As for the leg...you mean Tempo's, right? I agree with that - it just looked weird in paper form. I'll try adding it in Photoshop. Thanks again!

[ Sunday, August 08, 2004 14:21: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------

Pages