What pet(s) do you own?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What pet(s) do you own?
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #0
Yes indeedy!! Continuing on in stupid inane bandwagon style, we now have pets!

Bottom line, there's a poll, if your's isn't on it name it. And if I see more than one "mighty ferret army", I will be disappointed because someone has lied. And that's just plain not nice.
This poll has been moved to another forum.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
I have a fat black cat named Kitty.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #2
You forgot fern. There's a large percentage of the general male populace who consider ferns pets. Or friends for that matter.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #3
I have floating cats.
And hungry spiders.

edit: add spider

[ Friday, July 30, 2004 17:26: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #4
I have a white, male cat(With black fur) named Furball who means a lot to me(He's my only pet. What do you expect?).

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
Two female cats - Sprite, a tabby, and Sparkle (not muy name choice), a calico. Seems to be the most popular pet here... good choice, all.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #6
none, i don't have the money for pets.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #7
I have three cats. I would die for them.
Seriously.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
I eat blueberries in pie square.
Xerch'de/Rate.
I miss you, but I haven't met you yet.
So special, but it hasn't happened yet.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
I answered what's at my parents' house, because apartments are not conducive to pets, and one cat is still mine. We have two cats (named "Orange Cat" and "Black Cat" -- I'm serious) and a dog, whose name is "Patches" but mostly gets called "Dog."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #9
I have a Miniature Schnauzer named Tucker. My friends deem him as the most vicious and terrorizing animal to have ever walked the earth. He barks alot...

If anyone here owns a small dog, I'm sure they know what I'm talking about.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #10
I had a rabbit once, but he left. And some hamsters and baby chickens, but that was long ago.
Now I have a giraffe. The apartment is small, but the hallway is long enough. There's a treadmil where he rests his hooves and can walk, also the treadmil makes the AC and the light work, more or less. The head is outside the balcony, so it can breathe fresh air. Pidgeons annoyed it sometimes.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #11
I used to have a hermit crab but then it escaped and was found in my mum's room dead months later.
We also used to have a dog,cat and budgie. But not anymore.
Currently we have two cats which are refered to as big cat and little cat. Well they answer to that anyway but they also answer to fridge and can, so go figure.

--------------------
"He's mine, go get your own human plaything!" Bernard Black (Black Books)

Also look at my sitehere
This is also a good site
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #12
quote:
If anyone here owns a small dog, I'm sure they know what I'm talking about.
I don't own a small dog, but my friend does, and he is wild . Among my immediate family, my sister has two cats, Mica(short-haire brown tabby) and Muffins(long-haired marmalade), and no, she did not name Muffins, my dad has a cat named Kira Maku(short-haired brown tabby), my mum has a cat named Sonya(short-haired gray tabby), and my other sister has fish. I used to have a hamster, but she got old and died(no, the cats didn't eat her, we found her dead in her cage, without any bites). :(

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #13
Licorice Speaks By COLIN McENROE
Published: July 31, 2004

My name is Licorice, and I am a hamster.

I have never shared my story before because, frankly, sometimes all a hamster has is his privacy. Thursday night, however, Alexandra Kerry described the circumstances of my rescue by her father after I had fallen off a pier in Massachusetts.

I have come forward now to set the record straight.

I was the hamster of Alexandra's sister, Vanessa, and she, on balance, was a good person, although a bit of a tickler. On this occasion, as the family gathered on the pier to depart for a vacation, somebody - I'm not saying it was Alexandra; I'm not saying it was on purpose - "bumped" my cage, and the next thing I knew, I was in the water and sinking fast.

I saw my whole life pass before my eyes. My life has not been all that interesting, so it wasn't exactly like watching "The Godfather I and II." I mean, I'm a hamster. I could see a bright light, but I seemed to be on a wheel that rotated as I ran, so I never got any closer. But I was aware of a shining, all-loving divine rodent presence telling me: "It's not time yet. You have more to do on earth."

"Like what?" I asked, but I could already feel myself back in my body, could feel strong hands yanking open my cage and pulling me upward to safety.

Yes, it was John Kerry. Help was on the way. Yes, he did perform CPR. Yes, he did perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. There is no doubt that I owe him my life. On the other hand, the water went up to his chest, O.K.? I mean, this wasn't exactly PT-109.

It's also true that I wound up suing the family. I have continuing health problems, including a partial paralysis on my right side that makes it difficult for me to drink out of a regular water bottle. And let's just say there aren't going to be any Licorice Jr.'s. One of the small pleasures of hamster life denied.

There was a settlement. I can't talk about it. I got enough to pay for a daily home health aide.

How do I feel about John Kerry? Mainly, I'm grateful he wasn't married to that Heinz woman when this happened. You think she would have allowed him to jump in the water in his J. Press poplin slacks? Food pellets wouldn't melt in her mouth. I'd have drowned and been eaten by lobsters.

And I'm glad I wasn't a Bush family pet. Their hamsters probably have to rescue them, from the looks of things.

I might wind up speaking at the Republican convention, though. I'm opposed to stem cell research. With any kind of research, hamsters always wind up taking it right on the chin. And we barely even have chins.

Colin McEnroe is a radio talk show host and writer.
Quoted from the NYTimes (I hope noby minds)
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #14
I've the the Dog of the Misterhood, and two lovely budgies.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 4389
Profile Homepage #15
I have two gerbils, Comet and Shadow, and three cats; Agent 4, a regal Maine Coon, Jump-Jump High Cat, an incredibly fat silver tabby, and Tybalt, a two-year old orange Abysinnian.

My sister's names, except for Jump-Jump, who I named when I was four.

--------------------
fame fame fatal fame
it can play hideous tricks on the brain
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #16
I have two cats, both ladies — one who's almost 20 years old named Calico (who is a calico cat, naturally), and one black-and-beige named Alice who's almost 15. Both are in excellent health, I'm happy to say, and are the most darling creatures on God's Green Earth.

We used to have a Pekingese named Leo who died a year and a half ago due to kidney stones. He was really just a furry little marshmallow — sweet, well-tempered, and did little but sleep. An affectionate, semi-mobile rug.

[ Saturday, July 31, 2004 10:43: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
I am another cat person. I have a rather elderly and crotchety ex-stray named Sebastian, who probably talks more than I do, and two youngsters named Dex and Caspian who are the bane of his existence. The two young'uns are adopted mixbreeds. Dex is a rather scrawny tabby who is clumsy and far too enthusiastic about everything. Caspian is a very large (well, long), very dignified cat who is almost certain to end up weighing upwards of twenty points, given how much he eats and how little he moves.

—Alorael, who fell down the stairs last night because Dex thought it would be appropriate to rub against his legs at an inopportune moment. The stairs are not the place for cuddling!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #18
I've never owned a pet. My parents were always staunchly against the idea, and my dormitory at college only allows residents to keep fish. Once I have my own place, though, I plan to own at least five or six ferrets.

Mind you, I voted dishonestly.

[ Saturday, July 31, 2004 11:44: Message edited by: Wholly Halfhearted ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 4478
Profile Homepage #19
Bill

[ Saturday, July 31, 2004 15:58: Message edited by: Detta ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
It's astonishing how popular cats are with the Spiderweb population. I'm trying to come up with theories for why that is (maybe introverted people prefer cats, and maybe people who post on message boards of RPG games are introverted? Not sure though.)

I had a budgie until two months ago when it passed on into the Land Where Budgerigars Are Eternally Blessed. :( I'm getting a cat as soon as I can.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #21
My pets

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #22
*Gasps in shock horror*

Okay for a start, this topic was taken seriously? Yasuiah! How? :confused:
Secondly, it hasn't been locked yet? Jaysus mother of Mary! :eek:

Is everyone feeling unwell or something? Are all the mods (other than Saunders, because she is) on holiday?? :eek:

Also I'm disappointed. Disappointed by lieing, cheating non-weasel-army owners. Shame on you for lieing! :D

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #23
From budgie to cat - what an evolution, Arancaytar!
v_v I had budgies as a child, until the neigbour's cat ate them.

It seems logical for me that cat-owners are attracted to SW - thinking of all the talking cats in Avernum. I'd bet that Jeff Vogel has or had cats. ^_^

Ah, this beautful tiger, Detta! He looks similar to my Martin.

<edits> FBM, what did you expect? Pets is a decent topic of majority interest. :P

[ Sunday, August 01, 2004 15:28: Message edited by: spy.there ]

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #24
A pomeranian and some fish.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.

Pages