Settings you would like to see future Spiderweb games take place in

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Settings you would like to see future Spiderweb games take place in
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #75
But what if WE are the goblins trying to survive from the constant attacks of some stupid adventurers who don't understand a damn thing...

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #76
Cool! About time we play the role of someone so misunderstood like goblins and give those pesky adventurers a taste of their own chocolate. While we do a lot of running away and hiding and smart strategic combat (which may be an oxymoron as far as goblins go) (apologies to any goblin lovers out there!)

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #77
Goblins are not stupid.

IMAGE(tongue02.gif)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #78
Wise Man.
I Stand corrected. Completely. And besides your link went to WC3, so I am even more correctly stood.
Sorry!

--------------------
"I like traffic lights, but not when they are red." [Abridged] Monty Python Song.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #79
What about zombies, then? I don't know anyone's ever claimed that they're intelligent.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #80
Since everybody hated my earlier post (and apparently didn't get the literary reference), I'll suggest a setting idea that is (slightly) better.

Imagine a space ship (Don't give up now, kindly) that's REALLY bloody big. You could have it be a space-station, if you prefer, but anyway, it's really big and it holds... let's say... millions of people, and comfortably, too, not cramped. Now, let's say, for some reason or other (technical malfuntion, maybe the AI's reaction to aliens, or a disease, who knows) the people dwelling in the big spiffy spaceship were locked out of all the outer rooms (no access to those spiffy windows, then, that's important for later). Hm. The people who actually know how the ship works (captain, crew, etc.) would probably be locked into the outer rooms, probably resulting in their eventual deaths.

So, essentially, you've got a bunch of average Joes and Janes who barely know how anything works are stuck inside with nobody to help them(remember, due to something or other (technical malfuntion, sinister AI, aliens even, maybe) the easy-to-use controls have gone wonky, so you can't order the computers around with voice commands or simple button-pushing.

That sets the stage, it's a tad like a post-apocalyptic setting, only in a giant city-ship.

We could go farther and say that over the generations the people could eventually forget how more things work, their society degenerating into bunches of little clans, etc.

Owner's manuals that tell you how to manually override the equipment in the ship could eventually become regarded as "Sacred tomes", and people who know how to use technology (complicated weapons, and/or automated defensive mechanisms) could become revered like "Wizards".

I think this idea has potential. Some polishing and refining, and it could be spiffy.

--------------------
Check out the DIARY, why doncha? It won't bite. Probably.

"We were heart companions,
We were companions in the woods,
We were fellows of the same bed,
Where we used to sleep the balmy sleep.
After mortal battles abroad,
In countries many and far distant,
Together we used to practice, and go
Through each forest, learning with Scathach".
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #81
Um, you do realise that that idea is among the most overused in the history of, say, the universe? Also that only one or two of the books that used such an idea were ever good? No, I thought not.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Warrior
Member # 126
Profile Homepage #82
What? You mean it's been done before!? DRAT!

Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

However, as someone already mentioned zombies, I think it would be refreshing to see zombies portrayed in a different light than the usual mindless, bloodthirsty, brainhungry way. It could also possibly provide some positive role models for today's troubled undead youth.

[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 07:33: Message edited by: Captain Uglyhead ]

--------------------
Check out the DIARY, why doncha? It won't bite. Probably.

"We were heart companions,
We were companions in the woods,
We were fellows of the same bed,
Where we used to sleep the balmy sleep.
After mortal battles abroad,
In countries many and far distant,
Together we used to practice, and go
Through each forest, learning with Scathach".
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #83
I think zombies are misunderstood due to their poor table manners and peculiar culinary habits.

Perhaps a sims game with zombies where we get to see how their domestic life is really like and how like us they really are, after all we all come from the same, er, carapace? School, sports, etc.

Or another kind of sim resembling that TV show "queer eye for the straight guy" only that this one instead of being "the straight guy" is "the undead."

[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 08:20: Message edited by: Blind Samurai Clown ]

--------------------

Pages