Happy Beltane!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Happy Beltane!
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #100
As always, your point is well-taken. My hopes for apt description rode on the plural: one gerbil would indeed pay a compliment; multiple, desperately crying and roiling gerbils driven into cannibalistic panic while fruitlessly scratching at the walls of the brainpan in question -- it was as close as I could come to an objective correlative.

What about asking not whether anarchism or other utopian formations are possible, but how? Much of the anarchist idiom for historical agency that has been used for the last generation or so is difficult to distinguish from the idiom by which the commodity form has advertised its radical pleasures.

--------------------
Winter comes: game over -- he's in the driveway removing snow with a flame-thrower.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #101
Now that I look it up, "misspelled" does indeed have a double S. But that's cheating, Boots. You did his work for him. I was wondering if FBM would go to the trouble, because my impression of his posts is that he puts no more thought or effort into them than the average three-toed sloth puts into its daily routiine.

"And its friends"? Is this just to suggest the other forms of the word -- of which I note one in my post -- or that I have misspelled other words? I ask because as I read over these posts, I wrote "mispell" AFTER the frenetic gerbil collection in question claimed that I could not spell. I am still waiting for his answer about what I wrote that was incorrect that caused him to write that, then.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #102
I wasn't trying to do FBM's work, I was trying to get that spelling business cleaned up afore things got truly tedious. Please edit your last post such that it contains the considered and nuanced reflection which you intended to offer upon the mode of revolutionary action pertinent to the present historical conjuncture, and I'll go back and remove all dictionary references.

[ Saturday, May 15, 2004 11:30: Message edited by: Boots ]

--------------------
Winter comes: game over -- he's in the driveway removing snow with a flame-thrower.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #103
Neh, such historical tampering does not suit me. I have a different idea, which I suspect would suit everyone just fine: I will never, ever again respond to an FBM post or refer to one. That will save SW its precious bandwidth and save everyone else the headache.

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #104
Fine by me. I AM leaving the topic well alone.

But I got tempted... you misspelled "routine". When did it have an extra "i"? I am pretty sure that despite "your great English skills" there's no such word as "routiine". Oh well.

If you can't be bothered to look, it was right after the bit about "no more thought than a three-toed sloth". Strange... that reminds me of someone...

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #105
I don't see how rare typos somehow mirror one's skills in English.. Please, feel free to enlighten me.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #106
It is simultaneously amusing and irritating that you claim with every successive post that you are leaving this topic, and this state of affairs has existed for at least half a dozen posts.

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #107
While I am a firm supporter of all who would improve their English usage, this topic has turned into a series of unhelpful personal attacks. Since the general consensus seems to be that nobody wants to remain involved, although nobody actually stops arguing, I have an easy solution.

One bullet and all the pain ends!

?Alorael, who will thank everyone to stop the madness now. Remember, long, pointless series of insults make middle-aged Alorael cry skribbane-scented tears. Nobody wants that, least of all Alorael.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages