The System is Down

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The System is Down
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #50
No backups? :eek:

This sucks. What about [censored]? And the... other stuff, you know, the [censored]?

Edit: ;)

[ Sunday, January 25, 2004 01:27: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #51
Dang, Polaris is dead. That's just great... :(

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #52
I've e-mailed our host, it's his faulty servers that caused this, although like I said, it could all be temporary, and we could wake up tomorrow and it's all there as we left it. If not, then yes. Everything is gone. Calithon, weather baloons, PNN, everything.

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #53
Ehh, TGM, I wouldn't say "stopped", really... but you're right, I was the one who brought it up here, not you, and I apologize. Anyway, Logo doesn't hate you; I don't know about Shaper, but he really doesn't matter.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #54
Update: I screwed us all. I did about the most idiotic thing I could have done. When I was making the sample forums, I used to the same database as the board, and that totally and utterly wiped that MySQL database. Although most of the info is stored in the /boards/ directory, the important things such as posts and members are in the MySQL directory. I ruined it. Our host may have backups, but then again, they may not. This is all my fault, I destroyed everything when it was going so well. I really am a dolt. I can't be an admin anymore if I'm that incompetant...

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #55
Well, on the positive side, that was post 737 for Logo.

...my optimism is really suffering.

...or maybe I'm just going crazy. I must admit, I laughed when Logo told me what he had done. But then again, I'm sick, and it's getting late, and I never had much sanity in the first place. Whatever. I'm sure Logo will never be careless like this again, and he'll do what he can to get everything up and running, so it can't be a total loss.

ef, if you have some kind of backup forums, that would really help. The sooner, the better, because memory tends to deteriorate over time.

EDIT: Not laughing anymore, though =\

[ Saturday, January 24, 2004 18:50: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #56
Stop that. Teh Project can be restored from memory, I still have a few notes, though not much, but others may have bits and pieces too. Motrax will probably have the map as do I, along with the graphs. I hope the same is true for Calithon. Everything else can be remade. If the thing is lost, get a new forum up tomorrow.

edit: ok. Go to Testforum

It's only a testforum right now. I'll see what I can do. Logo, I'll PM you the password for the adminboard.

[ Saturday, January 24, 2004 18:50: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #57
Let's just assume the Polaris forum has ceased to exist. It's not that huge a deal. We still have most of the meteorological data sitting around in various people's brains. As for some details we may miss, we'll just re-create them. I also have the map of the weather balloon route.

Arancaytar, Calithon doesn't exist. Never has, never will. ;)

TGM, Polaris was not a dead board when you were around. Conspiracies have always been stirring there.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #58
SMoE: Oh yes, I forgot. Sorry. Never existed, no Sir.

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #59
Yeah well sorry dear Motrax for not being aware of the activities that were going on in forums I could not see. The rest of the boards were dead, and I'd like you to deny that one. What, you can't? Oh yeah, just what I said. So mind keeping it inside?

And Logo doesn't dislike and hate me? Not even a bit? Sure, keep telling yourself that, whatever makes you happy.

Now, I've done enough complaining (unless someone still wishes to continue this chewing of bs) and will just damn stop posting in this topic.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #60
Can I hit Logalot (very, very hard) now?

Gah!!

I think I still have backup of a bit of (non-existent topic) somewhere, and my intro for the (non-existent and not yet existent rp). Otherwise...

<Starts choking Logalot>
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #61
Mmm......

*Nazgul walks to his room, gets his Colt 45. and shoots his pillow repeatedly.*

...better, much better.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #62
It'll be fine. Really. It's gone, but we're Polaris, and we can recover. There's no need to plan Logo assassinations. He's apologised, and that's enough for me. :)

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #63
quote:
Originally written by premonition:

It'll be fine. Really. It's gone, but we're Polaris, and we can recover. There's no need to plan Logo assassinations. He's apologised, and that's enough for me. :)
But it'll be fun! :cool:
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #64
Well, in that case...

...go ahead. :D

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #65
That depends on that side of the Colt 45 you're on :P

Yes, I know I caused this Holocaust, but, well, isn't this fun?

*Gets shot*

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
George Bernard Shaw
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #66
*Heals Logo*

It's alright, people. ef, thanks, that's really good. As I pointed out to Motrax last night, when's the last time we had 7 members on Polaris at the same time? We'll survive, and more.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #67
This might be slightly off-topic, but keeping with the recent cataclysms: Is anyone else experiencing problems with Yahoo/Geocities right now?

Edit: This is weird. Half of the sites I go to display a proxy error now. The others don't. web.de, yahoo.com, geocities.com, ezboard.com and the temporary Polaris board don't work. This board does. Chance forums are fine as well. :confused:

In fact, the only two things that work now are the Spidweb boards and the Chance boards. Everything else gets an 'address not found'. It's obviously to do with my machine, since it's unlikely that all these sites go down simultaneously. But why do the others work?

[ Sunday, January 25, 2004 09:17: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #68
Well I really don't care. Because I've never been on Polaris. Because if I did I would probably say many incohern't things that would make me hated like I once was on SW before I left for a long time, and everyone forgot they hated me. Well I'm sure I would have had to leave Polaris. And then I would have been really hated on SW because I was hated on Polaris. Plus ADOS told me not to go on Polaris. Because if I was hated on SW I would have really been hated on Polaris. Plus on Poloaris people are more strick about the grammer. But now that people forgot they hated me on SW due to my long abcents I think I will go to Polaris. Ohh but I just forgot. Polaris is no more. Well if it comes back I think I will join. But that's if it ever comes back, which judging by the contents of this discussion I doubt will ever happen.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #69
quote:
Well I really don't care.
Denial is the first stage of dealing with a traumatic experience. Or is that apathy?

-FZ, who is stealing Aloreal's sig and also driving a stake through Logalot's heart.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #70
Have mercy on the poor soul :D . He tries his best to set aright the wrong he did. :P

Oh, and I'll be gone from the Interim Polaris some time, if my internet problems don't cease. This forum is currently the only (and I mean the only) site I can access (apart from one online game site). :(

Edit: As if through a bitter irony, the third site I can access is the old webeacon.com/boards page. Complete with database error. Ah well. :rolleyes:

[ Sunday, January 25, 2004 12:39: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #71
damn you Loogaloot, it was my first successful try at Crumbled Empire! *smacks Loogaloot*

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #72
Ok, people, lighten up, everything will be ok, etc, [insert optimistic nonsense here]. But seriously, don't worry about it. The RPs will be fine.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #73
I downloaded round 500 posts from conections :D

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #74
Did you happen to save any of the RPs?

--------------------

Pages