A rumor about me has been brought to my attention...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A rumor about me has been brought to my attention...
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
...And I want it put to a stop.

There is a rumor going around on this site that I am a Furry. I tell you now that I am not now, nor have I ever been a Furry. If it weren't for a friend defining it for me after discovering this rumor, I wouldn't even know what it means.

I find it disturbing that a single comment on my part could bring about such a widespread rumor.

I WANT IT PUT TO A STOP NOW!!!! :mad: :mad:

That is a very disgusting thought. I don't understand how such a rumor could get out of hand. But I have discovered that even some of the Mods on this site believe it. If this keeps up, I will begin revealing some of the names of the people who happen to enforcing it and spreading it.

I may be GAY, but I AM NOT A FURRY. :mad: :mad:

If it keeps up, I feel that I will have to leave this site. I like it here and don't want to leave. However, I may not have a choice after my reputation is destroyed. :(

[ Tuesday, January 06, 2004 19:37: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #1
Perhaps this would've been better handled with an e-mail to spidweb. I doubt most members know what you are talking about. I myself just found out a few minutes ago. Although I would rather not have it repeated here.

[ Tuesday, January 06, 2004 19:34: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #2
I have already given notice about it to Alorael. He should be able to help.

--------------------

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #3
Bling Bling
The mods cannot and should not do anything about activity outside the boards.

VWM: I'm not harassing him. There's a difference between harassing someone and saying mean things behind his back. And anything I've said about good man MSW have been strictly factual.

[ Tuesday, January 06, 2004 19:58: Message edited by: Molotov Cocktail Party ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #4
stop harassing the foo'.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #5
What makes you think this is going on outside the boards? It was brought to my attention my a board member. On top of that, I was contacted today by someone who rarely visits the boards and asked point blank, "Are you that bisexual furry?"

When it gets to that, you know there is a rumor going around.

I have two of the names of believers and spreaders of the rumor, but my one friend advised me not to post them as it would be a very nasty thing to do.

I'll be damned if I am able to see what the management can do to help.

--------------------

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #6
Because you are the only person, so far, to have posted any topic on these boards mentioning bisexual furries or whatever.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #7
Actually no, he has never mentioned anything about furries.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #8
What's the problem with furries?

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #9
I'm talking about this topic. I hadn't seen anything on the boards about him being a furry until this thread.

EDIT: I'm sorry you're illiterate.

[ Tuesday, January 06, 2004 20:56: Message edited by: Molotov Cocktail Party ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #10
But you said it like he has said it before this topic and that is why select people are calling him a furry.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #11
Most of it is based on the dire tendency a few of us have to speculate about someone who we know little. For example, my random declaration that Stughalf is Aceron reborn. :P

In any case, you've stated that you're neither bisexual nor a furry, so now we know. You're only guilty of being the things that people speculate that you are until you deny them.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
As the one responsible for starting this rumour, I guess I owe you an apology. I made certain assumptions based on your posts, and it seems those assumptions have turned out to be unfounded. Sorry, MSW.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #13
That's alright. :) As long as the rumor stops, I am fine. I thank those of you who had the courage to admit your part in it and to say your sorry about it. That is a very resposible thing to do and I appreciate it. We all make assumptions and mistakes in life. It just a part of our human nature. :cool:

Even Sherlock Holmes makes mistakes. :D

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #14
Apparently, this post started the whole thing.

quote:
I wonder what it would be like to be one of the nephilim. I wouldn't mind having cat characteristics. Although eating mice would bother me. I would find it rather intriguing to be covered from head to toe in hair.

I'm not going to comment on what the sex would be like though. What I will say is that it would probably be wild. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

quote:
For personal reasons I will not comment any further. If I posted my true feelings on that topic, who knows what comments might ensue.

My reasons for not commenting can only be discovered through private messaging. I won't post it here because of a possible impending controversy.

Anyone messaging me will be sworn to secrecy as well. It might not be good for my image if I let any of my personal life get out onto the boards.
Now, as for the clothing thing, if I was a skinny, muscular Nephil, who is covered by a thick layer of hair, than why would I need clothes? I would be happy to show off my physique (I hope I am spelling that right). Wouldn't you?

Being a human gets boring after a while. You just get an urge to see what life is like for the other species.

I would probably never get used to the purring noises I would make while talking, though. But if some of the Nephils could correct that speech impediment, like a few were able to in the game, then so be it.
In the main quote parts, I was just thinking about what it would be like to be a Nephil for the topic I posted this under.

In the quote within a quote part, I was hinting to my being gay. At the time, I was too afraid to let it be known to everyone on the boards. I feared being persecuted because of it and so that's why I mentioned that if anyone wanted to know what I was hiding, they could PM me about it and I would tell them in secrecy.

With the way I had it worded, it doesn't surprise me that a rumor started. But when I told everyone that I was gay, some people saw that "my being gay" was what I was hinting to and understood why I was so secretive about it. With them, the rumor went no further.

However, some others thought I was hiding something else and concluded that I must be a furry. They saw how I was "apparently" obsessed with describing what being a Nephil might be like and hinting to something extremely private that would be very controversial if it became known.

But all I was doing was describing what being a Nephil might be like just for the topic.

That topic was, "Which race would you be?"

And Nephil, was my choice.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #15
This... actually strikes me of funny. Mainly because of how the rumor is. MSW, a bisexual furry? Heck, I'm the one that goes to a gay furry forum. I'm not lying either. However, I'm neither gay, nor a furry. I'm just an evil bastard over there. (No doubt. I critisize all the work there, and they hate me for it.) If anyone is actually interested in whatever I'm talking about, I could hand you the link. The forums are somewhat dead anyhow.

Anyhow... now that that is out. Not much to say here.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #16
Now that it is a matter of record that MSW is neither bisexual nor a furry, and that Thuryl is sorry for suggesting that he might be, and that we openly tolerate all forms of legal sexuality but prefer to leave the intimate details undiscussed, I feel free to wield my mighty blade of cuteness and put this topic out of its misery.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES