I Miss X

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I Miss X
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #0
Does anyone know what's happened to him?

(Feel free to lock this if no one knows)

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #1
Um, his last post was probably less than two weeks ago. He may well just be on holiday, or something. No need to panic yet...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #2
Hmmm, you're right. His last post was on November 27, 13 days ago. It sure has felt longer than that.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #3
Time slows down when you are bored.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #4
Stughalf can't possibly be bored.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #5
A ferret ought to cheer him up...

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #6
Urgh, how I wish they weren't outlawed in the dorms....

And why would it be impossible for me to be bored? I'm bored the majority of my time at college. People tell me I ought to actually do work here, but it's so tiresome to do so. I'd rather just not do anything and witness the degradation of my mind, and my GPA.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #7
Outlawed? Would anyone really know if you kept a few in your dorm? Would anyone really care? (Unless they got loose)

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
The thing about good members is that they only post when there's something to say. The content on the boards hasn't been particularly response-worthy lately. And since X isn't the sort to start topics, we haven't heard much from him.

At least, that's what I'd like to think. The fact that he hasn't replied to this topic suggests that he's at least somewhat away.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #9
quote:Originally written by Angry Slith:
Outlawed? Would anyone really know if you kept a few in your dorm? Would anyone really care? (Unless they got loose)Someone would almost certainly find out, and the punishment would most probably be rather severe. The dorm that I live in is a substance-free dorm (one of just a few on campus) and as such is far more carefully policed than most of the other dorms. As such, the RA's in my dorm seem to have been especially singled out for manic lawgiving tendencies and predatory voraciousness. Although ferrets are naturally quiet animals, they are also highly curious and require regular exercise and nurturing care. I couldn't just lock them up in my closet and open it once a day to feed and water them . If I kept them in a cage in my room, it would most certainly draw the attention of prowling RA's. And if I just let them run around freely in the room, a multitude of problems would result.

1. I would be unable to ever safely open or close my door.
2. My roommate would lose his patience and murder me.
3. The RA's would find me, find the ferrets, and then kick my broken body out of the dorms, for good.

--------------------
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #10
Ferrets are not a substance, contrary to anything your parents may have tried to tell you.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
Just because it's not physically possible to snort or inject them doesn't mean they're not a substance.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #12
Well, in my previous post I wasn't really suggesting that a ferret could be a substance. Pets are against dormitory rules campus-wide, but the officials in my dorm are just more zealous about enforcing rules of any kind than those in other dorms.

However, Thuryl is right. An attack ferret can render you just as dead as an overdose of cocaine or heroin can. The difference is that death by ferret is significantly slower, more painful, and more bloody.

EDIT: Although I'm not sure it's possible to obtain any semblance of a high through interactions with ferrets. An emotional high, perhaps, but that's all. I don't consider feelings of extreme physical pain to be highs, but perhaps others do.

[ Thursday, December 11, 2003 01:23: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #13
Nasty nasty ferrets...

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #14
Hey! I just realized something! If you but an "," after the "I" in the name of this topic, it would read "I, Miss X"

And that would be very paradoxal and strange!
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #15
Ferrets are certainly substantial, being material, but they are not "a substance". Abuse of ferrets, on the other hand, would probably cause damage to both you and the said furry creatures.
Khoth, as a former rat user, may be able to shed light on the subject.

--------------------
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #16
So you turned the topic from "I miss X" to "how to use furries 101" - Good for you!

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #17
Bah! You have furries on the brain.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #18
I certainly do; but then again, I always do .

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #19
Arctic, this topic had very little to do with furries before you intervened.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #20
Perhaps, Arctic, we should move on to How To Use Furries 102: Furries of a Somewhat LARGER Variety .

[ Thursday, December 11, 2003 09:52: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 1351
Profile #21
awww how sweet. Love is blossoming!

--------------------
Spend your lazy, endless crazy days inside my head.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
I've always found that using woolly mammoths for fun and profit is, well, fun and profitable. Tusks and trunks open all manner of intriguing possibilities, although proper caution must be exercised when dealing with a multiple ton creature of uncertain temperament.

—Alorael, who can't think of any bigger furries, but if anyone else would like to volunteer one, he'd be happy to learn more.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #23
Stughalf, just buy a few radar collars for them and claim your dorm is infested with rabbits. Bound to work.

Whilst Ironweed might have been hopelessly offtopic, he did raise an important point. Punctuation matters. There's a major difference between the Sex Offenders List and the Sex Offender's List. Just ask Stughalf.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #24
quote: Stughalf, just buy a few radar collars for them and claim your dorm is infested with rabbits. Bound to work. Or perhaps you could leave a few attack ferrets in all the RAs' sock drawers.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."

Pages