Gethein Deludere RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Gethein Deludere RP
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #50
OOC: Time to get out of that bar.

IC:

Roy had followed the commotion unravelling before him with some interest. As the general was summoned to the king, the others continued to interview the new recruits. They were so ordinary that they hardly fitted in the odd group that had just been put together; just a few swordfighters and one marksman.

Within about half an hour where Roy impatiently awaited the return of the general, suddenly noise erupted from outside the bar. Stepping outside, Roy heard the woman now introducing herself as Lena Xao proclaim the deal she had forged with King Trayen. I told you she'd rule the city before sundown, didn't I?. He had hardly finished his thought when the general also arrived back at the scene, shouting and waving around the king's head. Roy recognized all the signs of civil war erupting around him. And just when they were getting attacked. I guess we're in a ****load of trouble now, was all he could think, before Prccati went ahead and suggested a truce. Perceptive of him. The talk was bound to turn to military strategy now, and Roy wasn't much of a strategist. Best to leave this to the military types.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #51
As Kuhr and Delgar arrived outside the inn, where they had been redirected from the temporary HQ, it was almost impossible to determine what was going on. A number of recruits were still cheering something that appeared to have stopped, and a makeshift conference table appeared to have been set up from a bar table. General Azzahr and a woman Delgar didn't recognise were glaring at each other across it, while two other officers tried to keep a productive discussion going.

'That's Abdulhadi', muttered Kuhr, pointing to one of the officers. 'I don't know if I should report to him just yet, though-he looks busy.'

'Well, I'm going to try and work out what they're talking about, anyway.'

Before Delgar can put his plan into action or be reproached for it by Ahurav, he is stopped in his tracks by the other officer, dressed in a colonel's uniform, who now stands up and adresses the crowd.

'We find ourselves in the unfortunate position of being unable to put together a proper strategy, since we don't really know what you can do. Please report to the officers who recruited you, and they will report to us what you are capable of. And if anyone has some suggestions for strategy, then let's hear them now!'

Turning to Kuhr, Delgar shrugs.

'It looks like you're the officer that recruited me. Do you want to go and talk to Abdulhadi now?'

'Well, we might as well. No, wait. I may as well have a complete report. You were hinting at some other ability beyond knowing how to point a gun. Care to tell me what it is?'

'I suppose so. You'd find out soon enough anyway. I create illusions, magical ones. Some of them quite good, although they take time to work on, but I can produce a reasonable likeness of most small things fairly quickly, if necessary.'

Kuhr frowned. 'Well, that might turn out handy. Certainly the lieutenant will think of some way to use it. Come on, now.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #52
OOC: Is it too late for me to join this one?

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #53
OOC: Not afaik, no. To make the entrance easier, you could just start in the bar and run out to see what's going on outside and maybe get yourself recruited. :)

But you shall still have to post your character description first and get it approved by TM. ;)

IC:

Roy guessed that, though he had already explained to the recruiter what he could do, he should better add more specific information about his range of abilities. Enough people had already overestimated the power of Psi wielders, and he did not want to be faced with instructions running approximately "Advance in front of the main army and, using telekinesis, blow the enemy's soldiers out of the way", or "At the appropriate signal, manipulate the entire opposing army's minds and persuade them to fall back."

He went back towards the general who had recruited him.

"It looks like you should get a better picture of the limits of my ability now. My main strength lies in far-range scrying of other minds; I can recognize enemy soldiers within a radius of around 2 miles, and accurately read their intentions and thoughts at a distance of five hundred meters.

"I have a minor skill at telekinesis, but it is too weak to be of much use, since I can hardly move anything mentally that I could not lift with my hands ((ooc: since he's not exactly burly, that should not exceed 15 kilograms)). I can, however, deflect projectiles, though it is straining.

"Finally, crowd manipulation is entirely beyond my power. I can 'persuade' individual minds to an extent, but it is nearly impossible for me to influence more than five people at once."

That said, Roy turned around and started back to the bar entrance where he had stood before, satisfied he had just in time prevented the recruitment officer from exaggerating his abilities to near-omnipotence.

The recruitment officer's face took on a sourly disappointed expression, as he seemed to think along the same lines.

[ Thursday, December 11, 2003 12:48: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #54
My new post has been made out of my last post like I said it was. Don't skip it, as it provides a potential way out of inevitable death for any lucky survivors in the event that the city wall is breeched and the enemy makes it into the city. But that all depends on the direction that the RP takes. It might not be use at all. That isn’t up to me.

Just so people know ahead of time. I help create battle situations, enemies, provide decent scene descriptions, and if need be, battle descriptions and escapes. I provide possible solutions, but for the sake of being fair and not breaking any rules so as not to anger people, I don't act on any of the solutions. I let other people decide. I don't like being the one to decide, as I am afraid of making the wrong decision. Therefore, the escape tunnel is just an idea.

It doesn't have to be used and I really don't care either way. I just want to enjoy my time in the RP and try to make it enjoyable for other people.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #55
Khalhudra heard shots and shouting ahead and quietly drew his sword. The recruiter slowed, also nervous. They reached the crowd just as Azzahr lfted the Dvesti banner up; the other recruit saw the severed head and cried out, terrified and astonished. The recruiter backed off slowly, his face twisted in horror; of all the things he had expected, regicide was not one of them. Khalhudra shook his head and followed the recruiter, walking backwards. The words "A madman, we're ruled by a madman" kept running through his head.

He took another step back and felt something soft beneath his foot. He quickly stepped forward again and turned around; the recruit was lying on the ground, the recruiter muttering angrily to him. Khlahudra shook his head again, but at the weakness of the other man this time. He walked behind the recruiter, put his hand on his shoulder, and whispered, "Let's go." The recruiter looked at him strangely, then looked towards the crowd. He saw the three talking intensely together and caught Prcchati's words about a discussion.

"Let's go," Khalhudra repeated. The recruiter looked at him, looked at the recruit, looked back up at him, grunted, and began walking shakily in the direction of the three. From what he had heard from the whisperings of the crowd, Khalhudra had gathered the general idea of the situation; he now explained this to the recruiter.
"Whatever happens, we will not follow this madman. If this woman is, indeed, what she says she is, we're following her from now on; if not, we'll make do with Prcchati," said the recruiter through his teeth. While the other man trailed off into incoherent angry muttering, Khalhudra hung back, considering the situation.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #56
Name: Kevin Galderis
Height: 5'7"
Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Black

Kevin is from the small town of Willisburg, south of this city. He learned at an early age how to use a bow and became an adventurer. He became an excellent archer and he just returned from slaying a wyvern terrorizing the town of Azdul in the western Mountains. He is somewhat muscular and can use both hands with ease. Um, now someone recruit me.

Kevin sat in the inn, re-stringing his bow and trying to ignore the unease settling in the town...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #57
OOC: The recruit who falls over when the general shows the head - who's that? Surely not me?

--------------------
---
---
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #58
OOC: No, it's the farmer guy in my first post. OK, I didn't intend to make him that much of a weakling at first, but hey.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #59
OOC: Oh, to hell. I'll do another in character.

IC:

Roy was getting tired from standing around and waiting for the generals to finish their discussion. Besides, there was still a light drizzle in the air ((ooc: wasn't it raining some posts ago?)), and he was getting cold. He decided to reenter the bar for a while and maybe have another drink.

Inside the bar, Roy was almost immediately addressed by a man about his age, dressed in an archer's garb. ((ooc: TM, you didn't yet approve the character, so if you decide you don't want him, just say so and I'll take this bit out))

"Greetings. Are you one of them military types?"

Roy fumbled for a moment, then realized that the other one was asking about recruiters. As he had been routinely trying to enter the guy's mind to figure out what he meant, and had totally failed, he also noticed something else: His psi abilities were blunted to the point almost paralyzed. Foolishness, to drink that much at such a critical time!

"A recruitment officer? No, they're outside. If you're looking to hire yourself out as a mercenary, you should probably go there; they finished in this place a while ago. Then again, you might want to stay in here for a while; they're in a bit of a tactical fix out there and unless you know something about strategy, you'll only be bored to death till they're finished."

With those words, he sat down at his table, and decided not to have another drink, in order not to further numb his sixth sense. He'd need it later on, and the sooner it was restored, the better.

OOC:

This RP is threatening to come to a grinding halt if no one else posts. I'm tired of having any RP I join fail through inactivity (like the Greywraith clan one). Someone advance the plot. ;)

--------------------
---
---
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #60
I will not attempt to create a plot for this story unless I have the full permission of the creator. I have been yelled at several times for adding unnecessary amounts of plot. You can see what I did to save the Zombie Attack 2 RP, but that was only with the creator's permission and rights to the RP when it began to fail.

There is no way on earth that I would want rights to this RP. I can add some better plot parts to it, but only if the creator permits me to. I would hate to be yelled at again.

--------------------

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #61
Just let it die.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #62
Very well. I hereby put Brutus Sneed in a save slot for future reference and use. (Save) :cool:

--------------------

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #63
Alec is King Midas.

(I'm completely swamped right now, nearing the end of the semester.)

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #64
I completely understand; I'm just in the middle of high school finals. I guess this could be resurrected in a week or two. It might not sink too far down until then, so just let it lie (but not die) for now. :)

--------------------
---
---
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #65
As announced, the *Bump* commences, since I guess most people are on vacation by now, or at least will be in 1-2 days. If this RP isn't going to be revived in any case, then just ignore this. It might be though, so here goes my post. :)

--------------------
---
---
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #66
And, it has been a week or two, so here is the RP.

--------------------
I get energy from your jealousy. Ever wonder why I'm so hyper?

The Abyss Scenarios, Forums, Graphics...
E-Master's Graemlins Come take a look.
Miscellaneous Get to the closed misc. forums!
Where's Waldo? Can you find Waldo in less than a minute? *Evil Grin*
End of World Da end is coming!

Pages