I am new here......

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I am new here......
Apprentice
Member # 3570
Profile Homepage #0
Hey guys I am new to this web board..and I just ordered BOE and I also have a scenario that needs tested and I am making a few more.

But well hello everyone.

--------------------
A Dragon's Home

Freedom comes when the mind is free. Free from work, free from reality, The mind soars to new heights and places. This is where we live. Reality can not comprehend us, We go beyond the laws of physics, The impossible is possible, And knowledge is meaningless. Few people know of us, Yet all are able to see us. We're in the books, in the art, In buildings and other things. Seek us, and you will find us, Not in reality, but in your heart.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #1
YOU'RE SO COOL AND I WANT YOU.

Also welcome. Do nothing, as doing something will probably just rot your brain.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Apprentice
Member # 3570
Profile Homepage #2
What was funny was that I didnt ask a question so hence there is nothing to post on here.....

--------------------
A Dragon's Home

Freedom comes when the mind is free. Free from work, free from reality, The mind soars to new heights and places. This is where we live. Reality can not comprehend us, We go beyond the laws of physics, The impossible is possible, And knowledge is meaningless. Few people know of us, Yet all are able to see us. We're in the books, in the art, In buildings and other things. Seek us, and you will find us, Not in reality, but in your heart.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Exactly. And don't mind if the majority of the people here are gibbering madmen. You'll get used to them eventually. If you remember to stay at a safe distance. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Apprentice
Member # 3570
Profile Homepage #4
Well thats okay because most of the time I am somewhat of a gibbering madman myself...

--------------------
A Dragon's Home

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Then you'll fit in here just fine. Just like me. *giggles insanely*. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Apprentice
Member # 3570
Profile Homepage #6
I hope I fit in here sonner or later maybe I could become involved in some of your RP's or something But anyway I have to go now I will be back later

ttyl

--------------------
A Dragon's Home

Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by BladeInTheNight:

I hope I fit in here sonner or later maybe I could become involved in some of your RP's or something But anyway I have to go now I will be back later

ttyl

1.1 Are gorillas the same as bears?

No. Gorillas are not the same as bears. Many people assume that there are no differences between them, or the differences are very subtle. While both make great pets and are often seen living together harmoniously, bears have different tax obligations than gorillas and gorillas tend to be generally different from bears. These differences lie in dissimilarity and the fact that they are not the same.

1.4 Are the noises I hear coming from my basement a bear?

Hard to tell from my perspective. Call a professional bear killer before attempting to shoo it out with a broom. Also, listen for bear noises or send your dog into the basement, wait a while for scuffles, then call your dog. If the dog returns it may or may not be a bear.

1.7 Are any states named after bears?

Actually, yes. Florida, Alaska, and America are all states named after bears. Did you know?: Europe was named after the European Bear.

2.4 Are any of my relatives bears?

If you yourself are a bear, then it is decidedly such that you do have bear relatives. In this case consult your local branch of the library to learn more about your family tree. If you are not a bear but still curious as to the answer to this question, talk to your relatives, as they may know. There is a chance you are related to a bear or many bears, though this varies among different families. A good hueristic for finding out on your own is observation. Try listening in on conversations: listen for loud grunts or "roars". Look for panic and fear of family members: look to sees if those in your family seem uneasy around certain other family members, or are constantly moving slowly while carrying fish and honey to appease the relative. Look for excessive hair or a black nose: this is a good hint to the nature of your relatives. Remember: Male and Female Pattern Baldness is not solely a human ailment, do not let this be a characteristic to lead you to believe falsities as to the nature of your uncle Ursus.

--the Bear FAQ

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
That was Alec, who does things like that. Stick around and you'll figure out why. You may even learn to emulate his style, although of course none can match his mastery of it.

These welcome topics always turn into Spiderweb in a nutshell. It would be scary if we weren't already acclimatized to it.

—Alorael, who would like to introduce himself as the resident sniper, skribbane drinker, and sole user of the ever-changing signature. If you decide to dislike any or all of these quirks, you'll be in good company, "good" being used very loosely.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #9
I WTF you, Alec: WTF.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
Quiet, you. At least I didn't quote the Dilbert Hole as I originally planned to IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #11
Sorry, I just thought WTF-ing as a concept is too good not to steal. You should take it as a compliment.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #12
That Bear FAQ gets copied to my hard disk.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #13
Hi, BotN, though your acronym does sound a bit like 'bottom'. Or even 'button', though that's less amusing.
Apprentice
Member # 3570
Profile Homepage #14
Call me Blade because even BladeOfTheNight gets annoying typing it all the time like I do but if you perfer BotN or bottom go ahead.....lol

--------------------
A Dragon's Home

Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Ruotsalainen Pippurimakkara:

Look it up on E2. (It has a bit which might be construed as... inappropriate, and that's the definitive source anyway.)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #16
Greetings.

-Motrax, who contests Alorael's statement that he is the only one using an ever-changing signature, at the moment.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

That was Alec.
That explains so much. Seriously. Thank you very much, Alorael, you probably just saved me from even more embarassment, Spiderweb style.

Anyway.

Welcome to Spiderweb, ..Blade, and watch out for the members. Like, in the way you would watch out for, say, bears, not for a younger brother or something. I am Sir David, obviously, a semi-longtime member who just returned after... I don't know, maybe 3 months of abscense due to overcrowding... which obviously did not help one bit. Grr. Anyway. Don't post too much, use correct grammar and spelling and punctuation and everything, no double posts, that sort of thing. Because it had to be said.

EDIT: Also, while Motrax may be a good role model at times, now is not one of those times. Stealing Alorael's signature is generally not a good thing to do.

[ Monday, October 20, 2003 18:13: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #18
Yeah, most who copy Alorael's sig get sniped. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/smile.gif)

Other than that, welcome to the Spidweb boards and have great time.
I also volunteer to test your scenario when it gets to the beta-testing stage.

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #19
It's actually quite strange that nobody really has copied anyone's signature yet. I mean, there really isn't anything you could do in such a situation. Well, except of course, sit down and cry.

Is there really some kind of Code of Honour here on the net? We must really be good and respectable persons! Hurrah for us!

Or perhaps we are all just desperately trying to be original and interesting...
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
1.) You can pass threatening comments or even flame the signature-thief. In most cases, flaming won't even be necessary. Being an oldbie on this kind of board gives you privileges and power. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/wink.gif)

Edit: Following the hint from Alo, of course I have to add that being a moderator gives you even *more* privileges and power. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/tongue.gif)

((Arancaytar, who has edited this out to avoid vengeance)) IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/biggrin.gif)

2.) Maybe. But there are still some outright ***s on the web. Not many of them are here, but still.

3.) That's what communication on the internet is all about, isn't it? Appearing intelligent, original, creative, etc. in front of people you'll never meet. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/tongue.gif)

[ Tuesday, October 21, 2003 11:43: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Saishuu Heiki Custer:

quote:
Originally written by Ruotsalainen Pippurimakkara:

Look it up on E2. (It has a bit which might be construed as... inappropriate, and that's the definitive source anyway.)

Unfortunately, I don't have the full version of E2.. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards I am new here_____1_files/frown.gif)

Also..

---------------------------

Signed by Ironweed - untouchable by the laws of karma

[ Tuesday, October 21, 2003 06:05: Message edited by: Ruotsalainen Pippurimakkara ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
If you make enough people angry, your life will become rather unpleasant here. And if you make the wrong people angry, you may find that your posts no longer say what you intended.

—Alorael, who is not threatening to edit the posts where his signature was stolen. That would be petty, against the CoC, and, most importantly, less effective than editing later posts for vengeance.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3570
Profile Homepage #23
Hmm this is not so cool.... I have gone from just stupid to a very stupid moron....not so fun lol

--------------------
A Dragon's Home

Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #24
Not so fun? Are you not enjoying yourself? See, you must understand that no one here really knows what's going on, and feeling like a very stupid moron is completely normal. Also you aren't a very stupid moron until Alec chants it seven and half times very loudly on the second full moon of March.

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw

Pages