Spiderweb Boards Demographics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spiderweb Boards Demographics
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #0
I was just wondering what these demographics of the message boards are. I also think it will be interesting to see who visits these boards. One last thing, please answer truthfully.

EDIT: Australasia in question two means Australia,NZ and the many other islands in the area.

[ Monday, October 13, 2003 23:14: Message edited by: Milla ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 38 user(s) have voted.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=pBbjEqggeTXL"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=pBbjEqggeTXL"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_windowIMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spiderweb Boards Demographics_files/votenow.gif)[/url]     IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spiderweb Boards Demographics_files/voteresults.gif)[/url]

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #1
For someone who is from Australia, you sure can't seem to spell it in your poll.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #2
Australia and Australasia are two different things.

Australia is the country I was born in.
Australasia is the area of the world that includes Australia, New Zealand and various islands. I put it like that to make it more precise.
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spiderweb Boards Demographics_files/smile.gif)

[ Monday, October 13, 2003 23:26: Message edited by: Milla ]

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #3
Sorry, I didn't know

[ Monday, October 13, 2003 23:14: Message edited by: Xan Kreigor ]

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Isn't it Oceania?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #5
Interesting topic.
The average SW board user seems to be a 14-27 year old Australasian male. At least so far. Not too many people have voted yet, though.

So, now we have had enquetes concerning names, homosexuality, age, gender, credit card numbers, musical tastes, home country and looks. Not the mention the "what did you eat last Tuesday" -topics. What'll it be next?

PS. Come to Finland, the best country in the world (I'm being serious here, so please stop laughing already)! No earthquakes, no poisonous animals, drug- and AIDS-problems still very small! The living standard among the highest in the world and the economy aiming at the stars!

Ahh Finland...I have to go out and enjoy of my country.
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #6
It is oceania but is also commonly known as australasia

sorry forgot to say i'm from Queensland, Australia (queensland, which has great climate, great beaches, it a great place to live and has the best education system in the country!)

edited for grammar

[ Tuesday, October 14, 2003 03:30: Message edited by: LordLoony ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #7
...lumping all of the ages from 14-26 is a decidedly bad idea. Sorry.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
We should wait a while before declaring that the board is dominated by Australians. Right now, most Americans are asleep and Europeans... I dunno. At school/work?

And no, it's Australasia these days. Oceania's kinda old-fashioned, and since 1984 nobody's really wanted to live in a geographic region by that name anyway. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spiderweb Boards Demographics_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #9
sorry there is an error in my last post i left out a few words,(this is because i been awake for too long and i don't profit from the education in queensland maybe it is because i don't pay enough attentoin in class, nah it is because i'm too lazy, nah it is definately a combination of both D IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spiderweb Boards Demographics_files/wink.gif) ), which when added changes it and makes it more correct
"It is oceania but is also more commonly known as australasia in this day and age"

---me, myself & I prefer to still call it oceania
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
Americans still call it Oceania, though. I can count the number of times I've heard "Australasia" on one hand, and it has the added benefit of working on the south seas islands too (which are not by any means Asian, or even all austral)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #11
Male, 16, Europe, Finland, but you knew that already.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #12
By the time I got to this poll, the Europeans were dominating. I guess the N. Americans aren't up yet, as I'm sure there are more of them.

I'd like to add here that polls seem the way to go in terms of saving bandwidth on personal details, rather than pages and pages of basically repetitive "I am 14" type posts.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #13
This post was made at 12:30 board time, which is something like 3:30 in the morning my time. Needless to say, most Americans weren't awake to post then. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spiderweb Boards Demographics_files/tongue.gif)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
As of 1:52 PST, Europe still leads by two people. Apparently the Americans are either more bashful about voting or still hiding away doing whatever it is we Americans do.

—Alorael, who would guess most people start posting as they get home from school, from work, or from the sealed mental ward where they spend their days.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
Here comes North America. Being the early riser that I am, I was the first North American to vote.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00