Who likes XT's

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who likes XT's
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #0
XT's are the coolest computers, up to december last year I still used one! And I also think its cool that if you droppped mine on your foot it would crush your foot like a pancake (im not kidding it wieghs about 30 kg, its solid steel man!)its also a lot older then me

--------------------
"'We wish the return of Linda.' they said. 'Oh, swell. She only summoned a demon lord into the tower once, she's only mildly insane, what a beautiful idea! Let's proceed at once!' I said'
"'We appreciate your acquiesence,' they said. And that was that. Sarcasm is lost on that lot." He kicks a wall in irritation.
-----------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #1
Who cares?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #2
Dude, I own two XTs.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #3
Wow. Amazing.

800!

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #4
Well I would actually be interested in a decent XT emulator (no, actually
make that a 286/386 emulator. But anyway). One that can play old games at
a decent speed (i.e. 99% slowdown) without screwing up the sound or
crashing by using non-documented CGA features.
Any ideas?

--------------------
Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heilighthum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder, was die Mode streng getheilt,
Alle Menschen werden Brüder, wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Pieter Simoons aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #5
who is xt?

)this post brought to you by Amiga, the best gaming pc ever, EVER.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #6
The xt was the seond pc , then came the At then the 286, 386, 486 pentium, pentium 2, pentium 3 and the pentium 4

--------------------
"'We wish the return of Linda.' they said. 'Oh, swell. She only summoned a demon lord into the tower once, she's only mildly insane, what a beautiful idea! Let's proceed at once!' I said'
"'We appreciate your acquiesence,' they said. And that was that. Sarcasm is lost on that lot." He kicks a wall in irritation.
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #7
Actually, the AT had a 80286 chip.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #8
Yes I remember now I always think the AT and the 286 are different

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #9
Don't forget the PCjr!

http://www.oldskool.org/shrines/pcjr_tandy/
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #10
Nerds Alert

--------------------

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #11
fag alert

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #12
To hell with PC's!! MACS RULE!!

--------------------
Please, Mr. Squirrel, don't hurt me. What did I ever do to you???

I like bread and butter,
I like jam on toast
I like eating squirrels
Cause they taste like chicken

When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

There's nothing like irony, except for maybe double posting.
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #13
I had an XT... but then I got rid of it to make room for more powerful computers. But I do keep an older 486 around to play old games without using MoSlo.

One thing about Macs... you'll be playing BoA sooner.

[ Tuesday, September 30, 2003 19:44: Message edited by: Frobozz ]
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #14
Timber-Wolf: Sir, I salute you.
Warrior
Member # 1983
Profile #15
Actualy mac's are PC's, for PC corsponds to Personal Computer, and i beleave Apple markets to the public. but thats if you want to get technical and stuff.

--------------------
"Et tu, Brutè?-Then fall, Caesar"
Julius Caesar [3.1.85]

"I don't regret it at all, I only wish I haden't done it"

http://www.sodaplay.com/
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #16
I like macs to (I learned how to use a computer on a Mac LC2) but for some reason I like my XT alot. I dont know why maybe I like dos (no way) or the fact that even after it cought fire it still goes. Or maybe its its fan, it sounds just like my dads sigma taking off!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #17
Have you ever used an old Acorn? We had one at primary school, 's how I got interested in computers.

--------------------

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #18
Timber-Wolf - While you may be saluted by Djur, you are warned by me. -_-

The Absolut Sagacious stranger - ...eh, don't try so hard to get flamed?
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by The Absolut Sagacious stranger:

Have you ever used an old Acorn? We had one at primary school, 's how I got interested in computers.
I started with Commodore.
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #20
When I was four we got a computer called Victor...
It had pacman, pango, space invaders, pc-golf (ascii graphics), paratrooper among others. Then we got a 286-laptop with a whooping 20MB Harddrive. Good enough for civilization! It's all downhill from there, innit?

Edit: Our neighbour had a commodore and all I remember of it is the horrible loading times.

[ Wednesday, October 01, 2003 14:27: Message edited by: Emsam ]

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #21
Scroll down to utilities. It's called cpulower.zip. Only works for PCs I think.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Imban:
The Absolut Sagacious stranger
AND JUST WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?
I just try to stir up discussion, by gifting an alternative point of view and a long stick with nine inch nails on it. Through each one of your eyelids.

But enough of that.
My good old primary school Acorn, ran on DOS in standard 3, and win3.1 in standard 4. We had the baddest game in which you were a tank, a triangle, all of the edges were lines, but it was in marvellous early 90s 3d, I'll never forget how much work was not done, the competition for the most points. I wish I could find that game and play it again.

[ Thursday, October 02, 2003 02:52: Message edited by: The Absolut Sagacious stranger ]

--------------------

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Emsam:

Edit: Our neighbour had a commodore and all I remember of it is the horrible loading times.
Heh... it is horrible if you're stuck with one of the 1541 drives. They are common but extremely slow.

Me... I use the much faster 1571. Plus when you consider most of my games have weird turbo loaders (still not sure how they work), I could load Pitfall 2 in under 5 seconds.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by The Absolut Sagacious stranger:

[QUOTE]We had the baddest game in which you were a tank, a triangle, all of the edges were lines, but it was in marvellous early 90s 3d, I'll never forget how much work was not done, the competition for the most points.
Sounds a lot like Specter, although I only saw that run on early Macs, like my old and beloved LC II. That was the last computer I had that functioned correctly from the time I first turned it on until the day I gave up on it for a newer Mac.

—Alorael, who for a while used an old IBM. He can't remember more specifically than that what it was, but just being able to use a word processor was an amazing thing. And then, of course, he discovered games, and here he is now.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages