Hurricane Isabel

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hurricane Isabel
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #0
Well, it seems as though the hurricane comes closer to the US, the more paranoid everyone is getting. I live in Onslow, and lately everything is going pretty crazy here. Everyone is stocking up, school is closing for the rest of the week (maybe a blessing...), everyone is worried about power going out, its just getting somewhat crazy here. And Isabel just keeps coming closer. Well, I don't have much to say, execpt what everything thinks of this hurricane. That, and wish me luck in getting past this.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #1
You know, it's downgraded from an F4 to an F3, if it hits, it'll most likely be an F1! A LOT of paranoia is happening. But still, I wish you luck. There's a chance it will die out before it hits, though.

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 16:24: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #2
Life is becoming hectic up here. People are doing the same thing here. I have an aunt and uncle who live in a trailer home and are so afraid of the storm that they packed up their things and are moving up to our house for a few days. This is stupidity itself because their house is in a valley and ours is on top of a hill out in the open. When don't have extra room for two more people to sleep plus their dogs. Our house was made for three people only.

I'm not worried about the hurricane much. I am more worried about my aunt and uncle staying over at my house.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #3
I'm still predicting that it shifts to the East towards Bermuda and makes landfall in New Jersey. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #4
!There are three things that bother me about hurricanes.
1. There is a hell of alot of traffic near me (I live in Raleigh, NC) when a hurricane is heading for us.
2. We have a lake house near the shore and it could suffer some damage.
3. The power could go out for hours or days. Without computer I would shrivel up and turn into a creature like Gollum.
(I remember the ice storm well... Sure Virginia got snow, we got ice IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/mad.gif) !!! Power out for days... so cold... no computer...ack!)

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

I'm still predicting that it shifts to the East towards Bermuda and makes landfall in New Jersey. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/tongue.gif)
How wonderful. Actually, there's much better Isabel coverage on Univision and they have better tracks, and they do think it's going to go up to New Jersey. Part of me wants it, and part of me wants it to stay far away.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #6
Grumble! Australia never gets good airborne whirly things that kick arse...

Md.
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #7
I live in texas so i don't have to worry but i hope everyone in its path will be alright...

--------------------
Hello.Nice To Meet You.Call Me OM.Bye.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #8
I'm changing my mind, It's going to swing south across Florida into the Gulf. It'll pick up some strength there and crash into Texas IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

I'm changing my mind, It's going to swing south across Florida into the Gulf. It'll pick up some strength there and crash into Texas IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/tongue.gif)
Hm...I know it's cruel but yay! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/tongue.gif)

I live in Brooklyn, but I'm indifferent about Isabel. I don't think I'll give a shadow of concern about the hurricane unless it really affects me, like the power's out and I can't go online, or school is out and I missed a whole day of lessons (I like them to a degree; otherwise it would be another boring day in which the only topic is Isabel).

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #10
They cancelled school in Maryland. I'm slightly worried because weather can do erratic things. My birthday party is on Friday, and it'll get all ruined if the power goes out, or if my house collapses.

There are also lots of old trees around here that tend to break in the slightest breeze, so strong winds could throw heavy branches about and break things.

If I don't post by the end of this weekend, assume I've been crushed by sixty tons of debris. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #11
Well, I'm lucky. I got two days off, so my weekend really starts today, Wednsday (sp!)! Heh, four day weekends rock, even if Isabel is coming this way. =) Out of time here, so good luck to anyone that gets hit by the hurricane.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #12
Fortunately, I live in the Midwest, where there are no natural disasters. YAY!!!

Oh... right... tornadoes. I don't worry about those as much as I worry about lightning. Lightning burned down my house once. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/frown.gif)

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #13
I'm not moving from the general area I'm in. All natural disasters miss my neighborhood(But sometimes the bad effects slip through.). Hurricane Isabelle is due to hit tonight, but it's only an F2, at the least. At the most, it's an F3 that will soon become an F2. But it's winds are going at 105 MPH, and can give up to a foot of rain!

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #14
Is there anyone on this site that lives in Pennsylvania? I am beginning to feel lonely up here. I see people who live in New Mexico, Texas, North Carolina, Maryland, and some other places. But as of yet, no Pennsylvanians.

[ Wednesday, September 17, 2003 19:03: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
Brett Bixler (Void Master) lives in PA.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #16
I thought he moved to another state quite a while ago. But, I live in Pennsylvania also.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 05:40: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #17
A friend of mine lives in NW Penn, in a trailer no less, right under the track of where the hurricane is likely to go according to the news six hours ago. Still, they burn out quickly over land.

I guess there's so much fuss aboyut Isabel because it's so much further N than usual. Might reach NY State, etc, though I remember being caught on the highway in W Virginia when an ex-hurricane (reduced to a tropical storm) came through. You should have seen the trucks scatter.

We're getting them in UK now too, BTW, all the way across the Atlantic from the Caribbean from thanks to the Gulf Stream. Only affecting the S coast now and none too dramatuically unless you live in Pevensey (where William the Conquerer landed), now often below sea level.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #18
All the schools around my college have closed, just not the college. Oh well, I suppose I'll just get a little wet. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hurricane Isabel_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #19
I hope you'll be ok out there...Also chech your PMs.

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #20
well, we in Toronto (and surrounding areas) seem to be at the fringe of the AoE. we're getting pretty heavy rain today (since i woke up anyway), and it's not going to stop.

and lucky me, i don't have school today because it's a P.A. day. whatever that is.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #21
Isabel... was... crap. I'm sorry, but I was expecting a lot more out of Isabel, but it was like a weak tropical storm. *Sigh* So much for the big hurricane. =/

--------------------
-Random Quote
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #22
Thats fine.Don't be angry about that be thankful...

--------------------
expect the unexpected
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #23
Indeed! I was crushed by merely 30 tons of twisted metal and debris and such, so I easily escaped and brushed myself off. But, I was out of power for a day and out of internet for 3 days. I got 34 emails, 24 of which where viruses pretending to have been sent by microsoft.

But really, it's good that the hurricane didn't do more damage. The whole event did get blown a *bit* out of proportion though.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #24
Im glad you're ok and i hope everyone else was alright also.

--------------------
expect the unexpected

Pages