What about a surface RP?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What about a surface RP?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #0
It would be interesting to do an RP scenario on the surface world. Or has that been done already. Apparently, the other two RPs are drawing to a close. Zephyr really wants to use his or her Slith knight.

Though I am not very eager to join in at the moment, I was wondering if a surface RP scenario is plausible. If it is, I might not join in. I think for now on I will just stand by and watch. I tend to get out of control when it comes to creating stories. I might try to create this scenario myself, but with my previous ravings, I don't think that is wise right now.

Bye.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #1
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/rolleyes.gif) Yes it is possible.This is a pointless topic.Please listen to me and my exprience and PLEASE don't spam anymore.

--------------------
Don't expect the expected
expect the unexpected
if you expect the expected
I expect you will remain unexpected.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #2
Are you calling my topic pointless!!!!! I was just trying to get an idea out. What do you want me to do? Paint graffiti on the site to get my idea through? Some people have a lot of nerve. I have not in this post, nor have I in any other post I have made, posted spam intentionally just to pass the time. I resent your claim completely. I posted this topic to get an idea out to do an RP that takes place on the surface, or to find out if one has been done before.

The other two RP scenarios are almost completed by their authors and a new one might start up soon. I simply wanted to give a possible idea for the next one. I don't ever post spam and I would appreciate it if you wouldn't go about trying to tarnish my reputation. What looks like spam to you, is a possible suggestion to someone else.

You probably didn't mean any offense, but study up on a person and your surroundings on a forum before deciding that one topic that looks slightly out of place, is spam. This is not spam. I am making a serious point here.

Thank you for your time.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Don't take it too personally. Your suggestion is a good one, it's just that these boards are a little RPed out at the moment. Anyway, there's a perfectly good RP going on at the Arena, and another just about to start up.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #4
1) I think the best thing you could do is to start off an RP. You seem incapable of making RP posts shorter than 2 A4 pages, and posts that long are only good for introductions.

2) Spam is not just posting things devoid of meaning. Having every other post in an RP topic is spam, too, especially when your posts are dictating the plot. Remember, other people want to take part too.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #5
If you go back and look at my recent posts, Omlette, you will see that I changed my posts so that they would no longer interfere with the plots. I have started shortening them as well. I am trying to undo the harm that I did by trying to follow the rules now.

I understand that my posts were far, far too long. I should have never made them that long. I am at fault when it comes to that. I tend to prefer to make mistakes and learn from them. I don't like it when people try to prevent me from making them. I am not referring to you at all when I am saying this.

I am truly sorry for any disturbances I have caused in the RP scenarios. It happened because when I suddenly discovered that I could actually write plots without thinking too much, I went crazy. I started posting more and more plots, amazed at my new found ability. But I neglected to let other people do their own story-telling. I was selfish for what I did and I know that now. I have now regained control of my actions and will seriously try not to let it happen again.

Thank you for your time.

[ Friday, September 12, 2003 04:09: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #6
quote:
Don't take it too personally. Your suggestion is a good one, it's just that these boards are a little RPed out at the moment. Anyway, there's a perfectly good RP going on at the Arena, and another just about to start up.
Sounds nice, but I am afraid that it would be a bad idea for me to join. I am afraid that I might cause irreparable damge to the RP scenarios. I basicly destroyed the last two that I was in. I fear that my posting on that site might cause its destruction. I can't risk doing again what I have already done. I am already at shame. I don't need anymore of it.

Bye. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/frown.gif)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
Y'know, long RP posts aren't that bad. It depends on the writing quality. A good written page-long post is far better than "TEH SLITHH TEHN WALEKD UUP TOO T3H MOSNTER ANND CUTTED IT'S HED OF!!!111". Of course, a short, concise post is better than a page of drivel, but imho a good rp post ought to be at least 5 sentences long.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #8
There is no need for shame, and shaming you was never my intention. I am aware that you got 'carried away' and confronted you as I did to stop further escalation.

There's nothing wrong in feeling one with your creation. That is what all artists strive to achieve. Letting go, being in the flow and yet in control of what is happening is a difficult and sublime balancing of opposites and needs some practice. So don't stop writing. Just take your consciousness along with you.

--------------------
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #9
Also, you didn't destroy Around the Universe. It's still going. RPs don't usually have one plot, finish it, and then stop. At the moment, Motrax and Rosy are trying to figure out what to do with that phoenix, and it seems like it may go somewhere interesting.
In fact, Sullust didn't even know what the device was. He left it open on purpose. You're welcome to come back to the RP if you want, You'll just have to use a new character. Most people just play as themselves, or a version of themselves.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #10
I could always finish the battle between Sherlock and Moriarty, and then have a Vahnatai teleport t the ship and thank them for their time. The Vhanatai might also say that Lt. Sullust didn't quite find all the devices. One yet remains to be found. If I do come back, I will give a short explanation of the purpose of the device, and why the people of the planet put it on board the ship.

It all depends on my mood.

I still say their must be a crystal soul on board, why would the Vanhnatai interfere otherwise?

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #11
That thread is closed. If you want to continue with it start a new RP, or write an essay and post it on the board as an aside to one of the existing RPs.
The Spidersprise is far, far away from that planet by now.

[ Friday, September 12, 2003 13:41: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #12
I'm male, FYI MSW.
And after all these underground RPs, a surface one would be great. But lo, I cannot start another rp. The last rp I started, Drakey closed it because he or she said that I could only start one. The first one I created was closed because a big arguement broke out.

I also have my own forums. But...I'll probably have to close them again. No one visits it but me. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/frown.gif)

[ Friday, September 12, 2003 15:11: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #13
I would visit them, but I don't for two reasons.

1. I didn't know they existed, so never had a reason to visit them.

2. I am afraid that I might cause irreparable damge to them if I do post there. I fear my own talent. The talent I have was not made to go on RP scenarios. My ideas are too much and tend to interfere with everything I post on. I am therefore saving you from the possibility of accidental damage at my hands.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #14
You wouldn't cause permanent damage. I'd make sure everyone will calm down. You can access my forums by clicking here.

[ Friday, September 12, 2003 15:31: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #15
404: Board Does Not Exist

at least it will not cause permanent brain damage when the ninjas start invading.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #16
FYI, I just fixed the link, Wise Man.

If the ninjas are spotted, they will be deleted on the spot.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #17
Boy, you weren't kidding when you said no one visit your forum anymore. It seems like a very nicely put together forum, it's just empty. I'm sure that you havealready posted links to it. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/eek.gif)

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #18
MSW, you're doing fine. You just got carried away, is all. I do too from time to time. If a surface rp popped up on General, I'd join it.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #19
And premonition, I'd suggest the Arena. There are two separate RP's going on - one is giant and several years old and the other just formed yesterday.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
*points upward*

Way ahead of you, Drakey. Let's not spam 'em to death IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #21
EDIT: How ironic...

[ Saturday, September 13, 2003 04:20: Message edited by: Iabrochium ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #22
And who would like a geneforge rp ?
People won't all be shapers, there are merchants, other magic sects, rogue creature and much more.
You can set it far away from the land controlled by the shaper council.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
If you're not shapers, the setting is far away from shapers, and there aren't any shapers around, then what makes it a Geneforge RP? There isn't any 'engine' in an rp, you know. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/tongue.gif)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the 'all' in 'won't *all* be shapers'. Just forget this post. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/wink.gif)

EDIT2: And another apology for calling you TGM, SIS. It's just that 'So Incredibly Sad' and 'Crying in an Airplane' seem thematically related... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards What about a surface RP_files/tongue.gif)

[ Sunday, September 14, 2003 02:46: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #24
Some have difficulties to make new spells.
You could be another group of humans finding a barren place, exploring it.
You could struggle against Trajkov.
You could be a group of rogue drayks.
You could be much more if you want.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling

Pages