Spammers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spammers
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #0
I was wondering about how should the lambda users deal with spammers ?
I guess spammers aren't considered fellow members.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
Lambda users?

Are you implying people who make extraneous topics are subhuman or something? I don't get it.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #2
I am very confused. Explain everything to me please.

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #3
No, he's suggesting that Spiderweb users who aren't spammers or trolls are gay.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #4
Spidweb has always had spamming. It is simply the fact that the level of moronic posting has risen to an intolerable amount that is the major reason for Spidweb going downhill.

Case in point: We now have an RP called Zombies Attack. Somebody, please, pass the Prozac. Quickly.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #5
In simpler terms :
how non spammers should act toward spammers, which are not exactly "fellow members" (at least while they are spamming. I don't think of Motrax of a spammer anymore)

Where I live "lambda people" is used to refer to the majority of the community, so if most of the people on this board are trolls or gays then…

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #6
So he is asking how the gay members of the board deal with spammers? Is this in reference to Alorael by any chance (no offense)? I am still very confused.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #7
How much should we tolerate double posting ?
Looks like there has been a case of double double posting bug.

[ Monday, September 01, 2003 11:06: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #8
So since you think that everyone on this board who isn't spamming is gay, you refer to non-spammers as lambda people?

[ Monday, September 01, 2003 10:59: Message edited by: Party Animal ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #9
I don't care about whether you are straight, gay or bisexual. Lambda people are non-spammer.

Party animal you looks like one of them unless you haven't sleep in 3 days and have spurious logic.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #10
Okay I am not getting this. Firstly what does "Lambda" mean? Secondly, are you calling me a spammer, SIS?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
This discussion is fascinating and amusing, if a bit straining to follow, since it seems to me that everyone posting here has responded to a post at least two above the latest post.

That may or may not be for the reason that there have been 9 posts in 15 minutes, which is a rather great rate.

In any case, SIS (the originator of this topic fyi) has referred to 'lambda people' in the first place, and - after 4 posts and 10 minutes - decided to clear up that 'lambda people' referred to the majority of these boards (meaning a definition of the word 'lambda people', not connected to sexual preference in any way).

So what sis apparently referred to in his first post was how the majority of members were supposed to deal with the minority of spammers. While I beg to differ about designating spammers a minority here (imho we're about 80% IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spammers_files/tongue.gif) ), it doesn't have any reference to sexual preferences. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spammers_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #12
Animal Party, as I see it you are getting one, opening over-debated topics, replying to finished one will not being useful, unreading replies which answers you questions and then whining about it. You said you have been off for three weeks but the view last post feature show this was not the right time. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spammers_files/rolleyes.gif)

For the last time lambda is a letter, used with people, users, quakers and so on, it is about the majority of these (at least that is so wheere I live and if you wonder it's written in the third post I made on this topic).

Edit : Arancaytar said most of this but I was not speaking about occasionnal spammer but people like Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice (no offense)

[ Monday, September 01, 2003 11:49: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #13
SIS, first it was mods, now it is spam. May I ask what's next on your seemingly longer list of things you'd like to complain about?

--------------------
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
I'm a gay spammer?

Spammers are told to stop spamming and eventually given the Canned title. If they persist in spamming, they are banned. It doesn't happen very often, though.

Double posting is not spamming unless the posts are different. Usually it's just from accidental double clicking of the post button. We live with it.

—Alorael, who doesn't consider spammers non-members. They're often irritating members, but they're still members.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #15
Well, I do not spend very much time online, so I do not know what these lambda things are.

So are you asking how regular users (lambda people) should deal with spammers?

Well as far as I know that is the responsibility of the moderators unless I totally missed your question again.

If I did do that please excuse me. And explain your question.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #16
So let me get this straight, these "Llammada" people are the normal people, while gays are spamming trolls?

Or are you asking how the gays act towards spammers?

Maybe you meant that, spammers are trolls, and that the majority of "Baldamas" are gay?

Also, that maybe you meant that any non-spammer is a gay or troll while spammers are "Malbradas"?

I'm extremely confused, what is a "Dralbadas", what are you calling spammers and are you trying to start something here. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spammers_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spammers_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Spammers_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #17
Moderators deal with spam topics like so.