I'm Back.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: I'm Back.
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #0
I am back fellow Spiderwebbers. My family changed the family webserver. Sadly AOL has turned into theivs, they know they have everything and so they can charge as much as they want and there members will not leave because where else are they going to go. But it got too expensive for us, my family owns three cars and a house so we can not afford a web server that will charge as much as they want and think nobody can do anything about them because there AOL. I'm sure Ted Turner who is partners with AOL probily owns a fleet of luxerly cars and a giant mansion and can still afford AOL. But as for my family that does not take in one tenth of what Mr Turner brings in, things are a little diffrent. Anyway I now have Verizon which is a very big phone company in the states, and have there own webserver. But sadly to say Verizon sucks. Even though AOL are big, greedy and take advantage of the fact that they have Instant messanger and no otther webserver does, but they still had a good server. I do not miss dealing or should I say my family dealing with the Evil that is AOL, but I do miss there instant messanger and everything else that AOL had that no otther webserver(not even a webserver as big as MSN) has. AOL is so great and so terrible at the same time, and the great part creats the terrible part. I guess too much of a good thing is a bad thing.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #1
It's too bad you don't have a good server . Welcome back, though, JF.

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
You know, you can download AOL Instant Messenger from http://www.aim.com/ without using AOL...

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Lifecrafter
Member # 521
Profile Homepage #3
Uhh, isn't this a violation of your ban?

--------------------
I am not really here.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Lord of Evil:

I am back fellow Spiderwebbers. My family changed the family webserver. Sadly AOL has turned into theivs, they know they have everything and so they can charge as much as they want and there members will not leave because where else are they going to go. But it got too expensive for us, my family owns three cars and a house so we can not afford a web server that will charge as much as they want and think nobody can do anything about them because there AOL. I'm sure Ted Turner who is partners with AOL probily owns a fleet of luxerly cars and a giant mansion and can still afford AOL. But as for my family that does not take in one tenth of what Mr Turner brings in, things are a little diffrent. Anyway I now have Verizon which is a very big phone company in the states, and have there own webserver. But sadly to say Verizon sucks. Even though AOL are big, greedy and take advantage of the fact that they have Instant messanger and no otther webserver does, but they still had a good server. I do not miss dealing or should I say my family dealing with the Evil that is AOL, but I do miss there instant messanger and everything else that AOL had that no otther webserver(not even a webserver as big as MSN) has. AOL is so great and so terrible at the same time, and the great part creats the terrible part. I guess too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
Being an insane network maniac, i must point out!
It is NOT a webserver!! It is called an ISP, which stands for Internet Service Provider, although I hear (and i won't go into the details as I don't know them) some call them Online Services, since compuserve(owned by aol)/aol are somwhat different from normal ISP's.
Yes, you can get the instant messenger from http://www.aim.com./ without AOL. Finally, a webserver is something you put a website on. Such as spidweb.com. Their site is on a webserver.

--------------------
CMS for PHP/MySQL Supporting Webservers
The Automated Ad-Free Horizontal-Scrollbar-Proof Blades of Avernum Script Archive
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #5
It never ceases to amaze me, JF, that you manage to turn a simple "I'm Back" topic into a poorly constructed rant about AOL.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #6
Or a discussion about how cool Spiderweb games are.. No, wait, that hasn't happened yet :p
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #7
The Blades of [whatever] series of Spidweb are cool. Also subterra.

--------------------
CMS for PHP/MySQL Supporting Webservers
The Automated Ad-Free Horizontal-Scrollbar-Proof Blades of Avernum Script Archive
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #8
Well I generally hate AOL. AOL is a good example of a group that if they had to follow the laws of a modernized christian society they woul be put in jail. But since they are a big company they can use the laws to there own agenda. It's like at the beginning of The Phantom Menace when Darth Sideous told the viceRoy to invade Nabo. The Viceroy asked, Is that legal. Darth Sideous responded, I'll make it legal. Well Turner Enterprise is sort of the nonviction version of the Sith, I can actually see a big comparison between Ted Turner and DarthSideous. and AOL is like the Trade Federation. Actually wait, Ted Turner is just annoying, Well I have no clue who Darth Sideous is but AOL=Evil.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #9
Griffer Splah. splah splah pssla l lal llslal aaaaaaaaaaaah!

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #10
This topic is pointless.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #11
*smacks forehead*
Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be associated with you.
You post a topic, and then you say it's pointless.
I don't get it.

[ Tuesday, September 02, 2003 15:18: Message edited by: The Almighty Doer of Stuff ]

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
I don't get it either, but I agree.

—Alorael, who sentences this topic to whatever fate awaits griffers splah, or something. A rifle facilitates the process, of course.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00