Mac Addict???

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mac Addict???
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #0
What’s up with MacAddict these days...

At one time whenever spiderweb came out with a new game the Demo was always in MacAddict magazine cd...I always got hooked and bought whatever, usually...

But it’s been a while since I saw a Demo there. Spiderweb puts out great games and MadAddict is one of the best places to put out the word on new action.

What is going on?

Should Spiderweb fans start a campaign to get the demos going again or what...

also aswell IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Mac Addict_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
“Where did this apple come from?”
--Alan Turing
Cartographer
Member # 2264
Profile Homepage #1
Ummm, you can download all the demos for all the Spiderweb games at their website... maybe they felt it would be redundant to have them in so many places?

--------------------
And the Glory of the Light did shine upon him.
And the Peace of the Light did he give men.
Binding nations to him. Making one of many.
Yet the shards of hearts did give wounds.
And what was once did come again
-in fire and in storm
splitting all in twain.
For his peace...
-for his peace...
... was the peace...
... was the peace...
... of the sword.
And the Glory of the Light did shine upon him.

Meane sol Ahelle

Check out my Avernum 3 site. This one is incomplete, but better than the one here which is complete, sort of.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #2
The A3 demo was on it, and so were A2 and GF. The CDs have to be made a month before you actually get the issue - so you may see GF2 on the October or November Discs.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Rache:

Ummm, you can download all the demos for all the Spiderweb games at their website... maybe they felt it would be redundant to have them in so many places?
*cries* *sniffs* Alas, poor Shareware, I knew ye well...
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #4
I think A2 was the last game I saw there, I guess I should look at the cds a bit closer...

Also, it's a lot quicker to get a demo off a cd than off these phone lines here in New Orleans... They don’t call this place a third world country for nothing...

also aswell IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Mac Addict_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
“Where did this apple come from?”
--Alan Turing
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #5
I got involved when I got BoE on one of those mac mags.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #6
I got hooked on Spiderweb Software when I downloaded Exile I from AOL's web pages. That was before there even was anything else. It only took 2.5 hours to download. If only I knew the wonders of DSL and the fact that with a good DSL it would only take 2.5 seconds. lol
I found out that Spiderweb had a websight a couple of years ago, and got involved in the forums here a couple of weeks ago. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Mac Addict_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Finally returning after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”

Anybody else checking for the BoA release multiple times a day?
Apprentice
Member # 3135
Profile #7
Spiderweb should definitively place its new games in those pc/mac magazines. What a better way to reach a new audience?

If it wasnt for a game (BoE) i found in an issue of pc format i got several years ago, I doubt i would ever have known about this company.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
I don't think Jeff wants to pay for advertising in magazines, and it's up to the editors to decide whether they want to mention Spiderweb's games as really good shareware.

—Alorael, who for reasons unclear to him has stopped getting the CD with the magazine. If he were still getting it, though, he'd expect GF2 to appear in a month or two. MacAddict always lags a bit behind on shareware.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #9
I stopped getting the magizine all together, cause I kind of got really really poor over the months. And none of the loser excuse for stores around here sells them. I have to go all the way to the Comp USA, and I kind of can't do that since, it's in another city. Uh, anyway. I first discovered Exile through Mac Addict. Got all of the Trilogy from there and years later I registered them. And there was a point somewhere, but I forgot what it was. Sorry.
Apprentice
Member # 2099
Profile Homepage #10
This is sortof off topic, but I had the same problem as alorael, I had a subscription to MacAddict and never got the cd's at all. So i found out about exile by searching 'mac rpgs' when i was 10.

Fixed name! hopefully i won't get gunned...

[ Monday, August 25, 2003 12:12: Message edited by: scab ]
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #11
Quick, fix his name or you'll get gun.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash