Drawbridges-Free Combat RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Drawbridges-Free Combat RP
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #50
Ok, now that I understod what this arena thing is about I made some drastic modifications to my character, please inform me of any errors I might have made. If my memory doesnt fail me a level 6 Mage summons demons like theres no tomorrow.

EDIT:

=Nazgul v1.0= FAILED
=Nazgul v2.0= FAILED
=Nazgul v3.0=
-- Under Construction --

[ Sunday, July 20, 2003 12:22: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #51
Two problems: mages can't have paralysis ray (they're weak in Drain, and you need average for paralysis ray) and magic immunity would cost that character 21 points. Skip the paralysis ray and you're left with 5 points spare.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #52
A question that has boggled my mind and prevented me from ever entering the Arenas is...why is there no split option? I'm sure if you said no mage or priest, no poison, no immunities, ect...so pretty much only level, armour, health and meele and then it'd still cost 400/450/500 people wouldn't....overly abuse it. And in such a small arena a Doomgaurd like monster can only split so many times. I demand my possibly unbeatable creature of death.

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #53
Because 'splits on hit' always creates 'hostile type A' monsters. Thus two 'splits on hit' monsters fighting each other would, unless I'm mistaken, be screwed up bad.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #54
The above poster is correct - it's one of those things that Does Not Work.
Warrior
Member # 3232
Profile Homepage #55
quote:

Phynex, magic immunity does not cost zero for you. It should cost 36.

quote from the site: The cost of a resistance or immunity is reduced by a number equal to the following values:
Magic: Level + 4 * Mage Rank

magic immunity is 70 base.
My level is 6 and my mage rank is 7 so (6+4)*7=70 and 70-70=0 right?

--------------------
-Phynex, Dark Strategist

Never let morals get in the way of doing what's right
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #56
You have made the same mistake I did the first time, remember that in maths the multiplications go first and then comes the adition so its actualy this operation.

LEVEL + ( 4 x MAGE RANK ) = X

Where X is the value substracted to Magic resistance and inmunity cost for your monster class.

As for my monster I believe he is finnaly ready!!

= Nazgul v3.1 =

=Nazgul v3.6.2= (SLOW) *

Type: Demon
Level: 8 (96)
Health: 136 (136)
Armour: 22 (110)
Speed: 1 (0)
Mage: 7 (150)
Special Ability: Paralysis Ray (40)
Resistances: MFcP (24+1+18+25)=(68)
Ex.Points left: 0

Ok, can I join the RP now???? IMAGE(Drawbridges-Free Combat RP (3)_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Thursday, July 24, 2003 19:03: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Warrior
Member # 3232
Profile Homepage #57
Drat! ok so i pay the 40 for magic immunity and my health is 9. Just hope i start at the rear of battles

--------------------
-Phynex, Dark Strategist

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #58
Nazgul's monster is good. Phynex's is nearly a member of the the Black family, but it checks out.
Apprentice
Member # 731
Profile #59
Oh my god now I have joined and will kill everything in sight!!! I AM FrEIZA THE DESTROYER OF EVERYTHING! BOW DOWN AND OBEY

FREIZA
He's a Demon!
Ice Field 99% for fifty points! Darkness beam for 40! He resists poison for 5 and magic for 25! Drain and kill ray for 5 points! He kicks ass!

[ Sunday, July 20, 2003 20:20: Message edited by: Vince Fizz ]

--------------------
Freiza rules! Watch Dragon Ball Z!
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #60
AHEM

He also appears to have 0 health.

Goodbye, Frieza.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #61
EDIT: Ouch!! Double posted, sorry about that.

[ Monday, July 21, 2003 09:21: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #62
Q: Where can I see the characteristics of this Arena? How big is it? Are there any obstacles? How do you place the monsters fighting? How do you see the combat avoiding being hit by one of the two monsters in play...sanctuary, stealth, Inmunitie?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3232
Profile Homepage #63
How frequently (or infrequently) will these arena battle things happen?

--------------------
-Phynex, Dark Strategist

Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #64
I'd think TM should keep up with his own Arena. *smacks TM*

The standard arena is 7x7. There are no obstacles. The monsters are at the center back rows of the arena. For three battles, one is placed first, Friendly (Will Fight), while the other is placed second, and Hostile Type A. After three, the monsters are switched.

The team arena is 15x7. There are no obstacles. The monsters are placed in their team's 5 rows, with at least one forced to be in the first row, in the desired pattern. One places the first row of the first-movers, then the first row of the second-movers, then the second row of the first-movers, then the second row of the second-movers, etc. After three rounds, you switch sides.

I'm not sure which arena setup TM is using for this, but I'd probably use the normal Arena, as I find Team Arena matches to be buggy on occasion and would prefer to not use them.

In my Arena at least, one sees these monsters at the very beginning through windows, but immediately runs away down secret passages. The battle is described well enough in the text box.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #65
What happens if you have a casting creature that before he gets killed summons a deamon who eventualy summons more creatures and kills the oponent...is that a stalemate? If not it should be because the summoned creature is part of the casters attack and should count as one, so should poison or other slow damaging efects that would eventualy kill the oponent after the other caster ,poison or acid inflicting monster is dead. If this is not considered a stalemate then I find this arena thing quite unfair, since casting monsters allready have the hilarious arena size and space against them. Its almost like fighting in a closet!!

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #66
Well, beyond that size, the AI can get screwed up. In any case, to answer your question, except in the case of poison killing both people on the same round (in which case I'd probably call a draw), whoever dies first is defeated, regardless of how badly doom hangs over the head of the other.

[ Wednesday, July 23, 2003 09:42: Message edited by: Imban ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #67
Your arena is unfair. For casters and for special damage inflicting monsters. That should be called a melee unit arena only.

I shall make my own arena, suitable for all monsters and with fair rules

The winner shall be the monster that remains when all other creatures and battle effects are gone. If this situation does not ocur then its a draw and the battle shall be repeated. IMAGE(Drawbridges-Free Combat RP (3)_files/biggrin.gif)

6 combats it total. 3 as a friendly and 3 as a hostile type A.

PM your monsters and I shall set up a small tournament if there are enough monsters. The results will be sent to you through PM with all the comments of the most intresting battles out of the six fought. IMAGE(Drawbridges-Free Combat RP (3)_files/tongue.gif)

[ Wednesday, July 23, 2003 14:14: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #68
That's odd - we had magi, archers, and poison-users in playoffs last season at the Arena. Heck, the WINNER was a mage.

(And while the rules were quite different then, the Arena's general setup was the same in Season VII, when Sparrowhawk, a spell-absorbing mage-7, won the Arena.)

[ Wednesday, July 23, 2003 19:30: Message edited by: Imban ]

Pages