United States Conflict Avatars

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: United States Conflict Avatars
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #0
This topic comes to you courtesy of your old pal Scorpius. Hi, Scorp!

Post in this thread and I will, in this manner, match you to your very own nation that has, at one point, been the subject of an armed attack by the United States or her agents.

Go!
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #1
I'll reserve this post to myslelf but im too tired to write right now so I'll do so tomorrow.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #2
And i am the only one that post! IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #3
The_Nazgul, obviously, is Chile, whose elected leader Salvador Allende was overthrown by a US-backed coup!

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/ci-map.gif)

Dacovind is Afghanistan, where thousands of civilians were killed overthrowing a government that the US helped establish in the first place, replacing it with a token government that can barely keep control of the capital and a handful of powerful ethnic warlords!

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/af-map.gif)

[ Friday, July 04, 2003 21:09: Message edited by: Varelse ]
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #4
HEY! I am CANADA, and some of our soldiers were bombed by US at Afganistan! IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/mad.gif)

[ Friday, July 04, 2003 21:17: Message edited by: Dacovind ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #5
You obviously don't understand. If you post in this topic, you condemn yourself to being linked to a country at the sole whim of Djur, who then says something anti-American.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #6
Then Omlette, i consider you Iraq

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 2570
Profile #7
Can i be Soviet Union? Afterall capitalism killed it...

--------------------
Speed and power!
Galaxies explode!
And Kekkonen shall descent to punish us all!
It's armageddon,it's armageddon!
It's the Day of Kekkonen!

"But Dirt Dragon rulz 0k.Dirt Dragon would HäX0r HAL 9000 in 10 seconds if he would get a keyboard!!!!111111YAY DITR DRAONG RULZ 0K YAY LOL OMG WTF!!!!!!11111"

Join our *wonderfull* "party" at The Club of All!

Join our *lovely* Cult at Dominions X!

Iä, Iä my brother...
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #8
No, no! Djur decides where we are...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #9
Omlette is Vietnam, where US forces fought civilians and guerillas alike in a desperate war to support a hated dictatorship, protect Western economic interests, and prevent a popular Communist party from gaining power. This long war devastated the land, economy, and spirit of Vietnam, and caused what was once a somewhat leftist revolutionary group to shift to hardline Maoist.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/vm-map.gif)

XYZ is Nicaragua, whose once-popular Sandinista revolutionaries overthrew an oppressive government only to be constantly harried by counterrevolutionaries supported by US weapons and cocaine money.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/nu-map.gif)

(to people whose slow connections are suffering from the WFB images -- suck it up, chumps.)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
I demand more glorious American history!

—Alorael, who feels happy to be a part of such a proud legacy. After all, it's his country, right or wrong.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #11
Hi.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #12
Alorael is Germany, where the US first involved itself in a war it should have never been involved in and then came very late to deal with a problem that it was partially responsible for creating.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/gm-map.gif)

Imban is Mexico, which the United States fought against several times in order to get land out of the deal, most notably to protect a bunch of lying, treacherous thieves who we call the founding fathers of Texas.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/mx-map.gif)

[ Saturday, July 05, 2003 07:57: Message edited by: Varelse ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #13
quote:

The_Nazgul, obviously, is Chile, whose elected leader Salvador Allende was overthrown by a US-backed coup!

Indeed, and you want to know one of the reasons it was done udercover? Cause on Chile they could not use the excuse that they where under a regime, Chile as you may not know, was the firts country in world history to actually elect democraticly, no guns involved, a communist president. Of course Nixon could not allow this so...well you know the results.

BTW: I live in Concepción (see map), if anyone out there feels like throwing a tomahawk missile.

[ Saturday, July 05, 2003 08:02: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #14
How are you gentlemen!!!
All your base are belong to us.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #15
What about New Zealand?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #16
Yo.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #17
Interesting thread. IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/tongue.gif)

I was about to notice that the countries posted so far are countries that the United States succeeded in invading and bending to their will, which made me sort of despair in terms of getting my native Canada and the War of 1812.

Then I saw Vietnam. It's all good, people.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #18
And I, Djur?

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #19
Can I be Hawaii? Well, the annexation was pretty restrained by US standards, but it's such a lovely, sunny place.
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #20
Hmmh. If you count individual US states as 'conflict nations', you would have ammunition for quite some time. Anyways, the best part is that he's using CIA maps. Delicious.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #21
Hoo boy. I was out having my sexual proclivities insulted.

Anyway.

NaCN is Iran, whose corrupt pro-Western-business Shah was propped up by the States for quite a while, culminating in the Iranian Revolution which was really good for no one.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/ir-map.gif)

stranger is Israel, which is a violent apartheid state in the throes of interminable chronic civil war. Of course, the dominant faction is pumped full of US money and weapons -- more money goes to the Israeli government in foreign aid than the federal government gives to any state!

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/is-map.gif)

General Custer is, appropriately, the Sioux nation, who were driven out of their land and systematically eradicated by American forces.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/us-map.gif)

Lord Bob is Somalia, a state that is currently in what, to paraphrase Thuryl, I would call "the bad kind of anarchy." If you're the type to keep up with overwrought pro-USA rah-rah go-team sorts of war movies, you probably know that the United States sent in troops in a well-meaning but ill-advised attempt to secure food shipments to Somali civilians.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/so-map.gif)

RoR is East Timor, which was conquered by US ally Indonesia in 1975 and oppressed for 27 years with the implicit acknowledgement and explicit support of the United States. As many as 250 thousand people lost their lives during the armed occupation.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/tt-map.gif)

X gets to be Hawaii, which was subjugated by American marines at pretty much the direct request of the Dole fruit company.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/us-map.gif)

RentBoy is Cuba, which was freed from Spain in the Spanish American War, but promptly placed back under American domination with the Platt amendment. Later, the revolution of Fidel Castro was supported with US weapons and money; not too long afterwards, the US-supported Bay of Pigs invasion was a massive and resounding flop.

IMAGE(United States Conflict Avatars_files/cu-map.gif)
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #22
*POST*

--Jonah Zahndi Zolohahni

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #23
Edit : STRANGLE STRANGLE

[ Saturday, July 05, 2003 17:50: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #24
UNGH! UNGH UNGH AAH

the above post is killing the browser, dammit.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Pages