Exile 3 to .Blades

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Exile 3 to .Blades
Apprentice
Member # 13003
Profile Homepage #0
Has anyone made Exile III into a Blades Scenario?

--------------------
"Time Line? That makes no sense! Time is in circles! That is why clocks are round," - Michael J. Caboose
The Archives
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
No

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #2
I would not suggest this. There does not seem to be much of a point. Although if you are interested in scenario design, an original tale would be vastly preferred!
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #3
In Exile 3 I was hoping that Erika Redmark, that old witch, would be the villain. A remake of Exile 3 would be welcome here.

As for a point of turning Exile 3 into a BoE scenario, it would be a resource for anyone writing a scenario involving the continent of Valorim. In Blades of Avernum there is a template based upon Avernum 2.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #4
Nobody should make a BoE scenario of Exile III. It would probably illegal, for a start. However, a duplicate of the tarrain and any non-plot-related stuff would be a useful resource.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #5
It's already been done, sort of. Assault on Valorim: Part One recreated the entire continent of Valorim and most of it's towns. It was MASSIVE, it was also a MASSIVELY horrible scenario. One outdoor square to search with nothing to find can ruin a scenario. It had many.

If someone made an editor that took off passwords we could use that. And the editor would be much better received and utilized then any new E3 recreation. I can pretty much guarantee.

[ Monday, March 24, 2008 14:10: Message edited by: Jewelz ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Celtic Minstrel:

Nobody should make a BoE scenario of Exile III. It would probably illegal, for a start. However, a duplicate of the tarrain and any non-plot-related stuff would be a useful resource.
I tried to make E3 into a BoE scenario once, but gave up.

I also tried duplicating the terrain in Upper Exile and the Honeycomb, but couldn't get the duplicate to match the original.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #7
I am occasionally doing a translation of Avernum 3 to a Blades of Avernum resource scenario. One thing that I have found: a lot of the floor numbers are different for the two programs. It is not just a matter of cut and paste, I would need to figure out a list of translations first. You might have the same problem, I don't know as I have never tried an Exile 3 to Blades of Exile translation.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #8
I seem to recall making a duplicate of Fort Emergence. I also made the Exile 2 tests (Tests of Strength, Speed, and Mind), but I can't remember if that was an exact duplicate or a remake. And I created a Test of Patience, because I liked that from Avernum 2.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #9
So we already have an E3 re-enactment in the form of Assault on Valorim: Part One. It may be dreadful but who cares, you only need the floors and terrain from the thing.

(As for an Avernum 3 resource, all I need do is port the above Exile scenario to Blades of Avernum. Not practical, it also features lousy maps of Valorim for good measure.)

Removing the password, requires a re - write of the editor, quite simple if anyone knows how to program. I can't do it because I can't get the editor source code to compile properly into a functioning program.

Alternately, if you can figure out the password formula, you might be able to write a program that derives the password from the exs file.

These are the only passwords that I know:
All scenarios by "Drizzt" – 071576. Password found on home page.
"Rubacus", by Leon Lin: 28134.
"Islands of the Wheel": 23457 (best hand in deuce-to-seven lowball)
"Tatterdemalion": akqj10 (as a royal flush, best hand in most forms of poker)
"War on Bigail": bob

[ Monday, March 24, 2008 04:04: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #10
The default password is 0, or at least the value of a not having a password. But of course everyone knows that.

I had hoped to add the password for Redwall but in the midst of remembering what it was, I remembered I took it off... oh, well.

[ Monday, March 24, 2008 14:20: Message edited by: Jewelz ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive